Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 10:30:26 AM EDT
I've thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 days I've spent here in Largo/Clearwater Beach.  Most of the time has been spent helping my disabled grandfather out around his home with yardwork, maintenance, etc.  However...the few hours a day that I got to the beach was well worth any sort of effort.

The people are friendly - the sun is warm - and the women are hot (must be tourists?  ) - It's too bad there isn't much in the way of engineering jobs and rifle ranges right around this joint, otherwise I would probably be finding myself a bridge to sleep under, permanently.

I can see why people want to move here, but they probably don't think about the hurricanes, bugs, and $$$ real estate so much.  

Is there a big problem with d/a northeasterners moving in and affecting local politics?  What areas are most heavily affected?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is there a big problem with d/a northeasterners moving in and affecting local politics?

What areas are most heavily affected?

From Gainesville south.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there a big problem with d/a northeasterners moving in and affecting local politics?  What areas are most heavily affected?
Thanks

Quite frankly, I prefer the hurricanes & gators to Yankees and their "we did it this way up North."

You'll be happier in Miami/Lauderdale.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quite frankly, I prefer the hurricanes & gators to Yankees and their "we did it this way up North."

You'll be happier in Miami/Lauderdale.

+1*
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never been to NY. Having moved to Collier County I can
now say that I have been to NY.
+1 on the Gainsville south. When Jeb steps down lets hope there is
no Lefty moving into Tallahasee this Fall.
Florida's demographics are changing by the hour
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It kills me when people move here and then try to make it like "up north."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top