Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:11:41 AM EDT

Anyone doing any AK builds in FL? I am trying to decide between a 100% receiver for my polish underfolder or a bending a flat...but I don't have a press or spot welder so bending isn't possible without help from another builder.

thx
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:06:04 PM EDT
I am also looking into this and have some tools like press ,dremel, vise, grinder ,drillpress. Hell if we can get this together everybody can post here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
where have you 2 been under a rock..........we had an AK build party about 10 days ago......
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 3:12:28 PM EDT by c133jim]
If this is your first build, it's probably better to just get a finished receiver. It is very time-consuming to bend, heat treat, grind, etc. on a bent flat, not to mention very costly if you don't have the bending jig or welder access.

You want your first experience to be a good one and not get all frustrated. In fact, it may be better to start out with a plain ol' Romanian kit.

See Vic over at Florida Ammo Traders for any parts you might need. I think he still may have some kits left. One of the "good guys".

Jim
Tampa
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
i have most all of the tools except for a trigger gaurd riveter if some 1 was willing to donate 1 to me i would help them bend and spot welds there flats :) then i will have all the tools to build
Top Top