Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 12:09:14 PM EDT
SHooters
4930 University Blvd W
Jacksonville, Fl 32216

I was in there today trying to pick up my CZ52. I was informed that the CZ52 is not eligable for a C&R purchase and i would have to buy with the normal call in. Evidently they are either Ignorant or stupid. Ignorace is lack of education and stupid is what stupid is. Ignorance can be fixed with education. They went as far as to pull up some papers from the BATF website and it did not list it.  I went to my GIrlfriends dads house to pull up the ruling and found it. I called to try to give them the proper link but they did not care to hear it.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/sec2.htm

I hope they are not just stupid enough to not want to deal with C&R purchasers.

I just wanted to put this out there.

I will say EVERY time i am in that shop they are nothing but professionals and a pleasure to deal with. I dont want people to think i am bashing, i am just sharing my experience.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
That is why I buy them online,It's also cheaper.If you have a C&R  you already know this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
$10 says it was the bushy haired guy with glasses.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
it was the short middleeastern looking guy that started the transaction and he sent out some grey haired guy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "C&R purchase"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Curios & Relics.  Basically firearms over 50 years old, with some newer ones that ATF has put on "the list".

ATF list to C&R

License is $30 for 3 years.  It allows you to purchase C&R items without going thru an FFL.

That's the Cliff Notes version.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It also allows you to order these type of fire arms direct from the wholesaler with no local dealer having to do the transfer.

I also get a dealer discount when ordering parts from places like Brownells. That allone will payfor it even if you are not into buying this style of weapon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Curios & Relics.  Basically firearms over 50 years old, with some newer ones that ATF has put on "the list".

ATF list to C&R

License is $30 for 3 years.  It allows you to purchase C&R items without going thru an FFL.

Thank U for that info wo that would save me a shitload in transfer fees.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF list to C&R

NOTE:  This is not for new firearms... only those deemed C&R.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF list to C&R

NOTE:  This is not for new firearms... only those deemed C&R.

SO you are saying that I cannot buy a new Yugo SKS it has to be used?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SO you are saying that I cannot buy a new Yugo SKS it has to be used?

Only if it's classified as a C&R...  50 years old (or older) or on the ATF list of C&R firearms.

Anything else (read: NEW or less than 50 years old) goes thru an FFL just like today.

See my first post in this topic for a list of C&R firearms.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The short, darker complexioned guy is the owner.  He also owns a jewelry store.  I have purchased 3 - 4 "items" from them in the past and I have always been satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I figured he was. I jsut think it is a matter of lack of knowledge on this item. it just sucks i live in ocala and made a special trip up for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Bare with me, but I just want to understand.  They had the weapon there, and simply wanted to call it in?  Is there more to it, cuz that doesn't really sound like much of an inconvenience.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Bare with me, but I just want to understand.  They had the weapon there, and simply wanted to call it in?  Is there more to it, cuz that doesn't really sound like much of an inconvenience.

My issue is with the ignorance and then pawning me off to someone else and not letting me show him the correct information. Then when i called back to give them the link getting blown off. I beleive that all consumers want Respect and A good value. I got the value but did not get the respect. the proper thing would be to allow me to show them the information. That is it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an issue on a S&W 1911 I bought from Shooters and they are not very customer friendly, My impression of  those Arab F*=ks is all they want to do is move product out the door and not waste time on helping you with ?'s. I guess they are to busy with running their Cash Advance and Pawn Shop over in Crackville(Phillips Highway area)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
If you have a C&R FFL, you can just order it direct then......don't have to get a dealer to do a "transfer" for you.

If you are an individual, and having a C&R item transferred to you thru an FFL, the FDLE call in is required.......just like any post 1898 weapon......C&R or not.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you have a C&R FFL, you can just order it direct then......don't have to get a dealer to do a "transfer" for you.

If you are an individual, and having a C&R item transferred to you thru an FFL, the FDLE call in is required.......just like any post 1898 weapon......C&R or not.

I have my C&R. Ordering them is easier said than done right now till more come in. I also do try to support local stores. If you dont then how can they stay in buisiness to let you fondle things?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#21]

I have had nothing but positive experiences at Shooters.  I've bought five weapons from them, plus numerous smaller purchases.  I've dealt with nearly everyone in the store - including the 'bushy-haired guy' and have always been treated great.  They cut me a reasonable deal on anything I buy, with no haggling.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top