Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 9:42:02 AM EDT
I'm visiting Florida in a few weeks, Daytona, Orlando, Tampa areas.  I'll have a few days free, and am looking for somthing to do.  Unfortunately, I'll miss the State Championships (IPSC) in Frostproof by a few days.

I'm arriving on Sunday (March 19th), then the family arrives on Wednesday afternoon.  I'm a free man with nothing to do on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning.

I had hoped to take a class at Universal Shooting Academy, but Frank Garcia will be out of town those days.  Are there any other opportunites to train/shoot on those days (I won't have my gear).  I was also considering visiting the Salvador Dali Museum, or maybe seeing the Titanic artifacts.  Are these worth my time?  I used to fly gliders out of Seminole Lake (near disney), but my fat butt probably won't fit in one any more.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Please don't say Disney or Sea World.  I'll do the tourist thing when the family arrives, so I'm looking for somthing a little different.  I know my way around, as I've lived briefly in St. Pete, Lakeland, Orlando, and New Smyrna.

Thanks for any input!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Bass Pro Shops is good. NASA is good.  Fishing, shooting,hunting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Hehe, there's always Mons Venus in Tampa...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I almost forgot about that place...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top