Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:20:55 PM EDT
This month will be busy for me as my wife is due to have our third child any minute and we've been "on edge" due to that alone.  To top it off, one hardship after another started to hit me smack in the face as soon as I returned home from the "Sleep & Shoot".  My wife and youngest daughter came down with the Flu really bad and when "Mommy" isn't feeling well in the home, no one is.

It is now Wednesday and my throat is starting to burn and my muscles are starting to ache.  So now I'm getting sick on top of it.  Which sucks even more is that I can't take any work off because they are now going through an intense hiring blitz and my manager just purchased 60-Laptops to be setup for new employees.  All of these laptops get setup and distributed by one damned person and that person happens to be me.  So work has become a "load" on my shoulders that is becoming too heavy to bear.  Even with all of this, it is still small compared to what else has taken place.

While I was away in Lake City, my oldest daughter had gone over to my wife's brothers home to stay the night on Saturday.  When I got home Sunday night, she was also just getting home.  When I had settled in the house and on the couch, Katie (my wife) started to tell me how Taylor's Arm and Shoulder (Taylor is my oldest daughter) were hurting.  I asked Taylor to come to me and she was holding her arm tight against her body.

There was no bruising on her but she was unable to lift her arm, let alone take her shirt off.  It was a struggle to help her do so and there was no bruising, but her arm was useless to her.  I asked her gently what happened and she was unable to give me a straight story on what had happened.  She started to give me several different versions and my mind started to wander immediately.  What worsened it was that my mother-in-law prefaced dropping Taylor off with, "Taylor's arm hurts.  See you all later!"  And just as fast as she dropped her off, they left!

When Taylor wouldn't tell me what exactly happened, I held her tight and cried bitterly Sunday night wondering what had happened to my baby girl!  She went to bed and I continued to cry on the couch as anger welled up inside.  I wanted to know who hurt my daughter and heaven help the damned f**king prick who hurt her.  I immediately suspected someone in my wife's family.

To make a long story short, we had brought her to the ER and the X-Rays revealed that her Clavicle had been snapped through an upward motion.  The doctor said that it appeared that the bone moved into an upward V-Shape snapping it and then coming back into place perfectly.  It requires no brace or cast and it will heal in a month on it's own, however it does not deaden the pain any less for her.  She is on pain control medication and is taking it easy.  The doctor said that it appeared she had fallen and that there was no "foul play" involved, like squeezing or hitting.

My anger continues though for answers on what the hell happened!  I will be taking a "time out" from these boards for a bit to... well... I just am.  I want all of you to know that I am working on the "Sleep & Shoot" video and the FDCC video and when those are done, I'm going MIA for a bit.  Hope all is well with you and your families.  I've met a lot of you through this board and many of you have become close friends.  I will stay in touch off and on.

Till whenever...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Forget the videos; get your family up and going first. My pregnant wife, son, and I had the flu back in January. It took us all almost three weeks before we felt better. I was popping every kind of decongestant off the shelf for a week with no results before I finally decided to see a doctor. During the January FDCC match I was completely bed bound. All I could do was stay up long enough to go to work. My wife and son both had flu shots, and their symptoms were not as severe.

As far as your daughter’s arm, if you suspect abuse to be the reason, call DCF or your local PD and talk to them. Don’t go at it alone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
We can certainly wait for that video stuff. Handle the important things first, and make sure everything is going to work out.

I wish I had some pithy advice for you, but the best I can say is that I'll be saying my own prayers for you, Tom.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking as someone who's over twice your age, I can tell you this....

Life is truely an adventure, and it's often NOT pretty but,  things WILL get better.  

Hang tough, Tom.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude, damn the video.  Take care of your family and yourself.  We'll be praying for you...and the son of a b**ch who hurt your daughter, if that winds up being the case.  I do hope it was just an accident while doing something that they know you wouldn't approve of, but either way I hope you get an answer to ease your mind.  
Take your time and we'll miss you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
family first the rest can wait...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Try not to stress over the fractured clavicle. I did the same thing when I was a kid, exactly the same thing. I was about 8, I fell off my bike, as in not even putting my hands out, fell right over onto my side. Did the same exact thing, my parents made me a sling out of a bandana and when it kept hurting I finally got xrays and had to wear a velcro brace for 2 weeks.

It hurts, but I dont remember crying alot. It was just sore and I didnt want to move my arm.

I'm saying this, to let you know how little it takes to fracture one.

Congrats on the new child!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
.....All that being said. We wish you would hurry up with that video.
J/K!!! Tom and I spent way too much time together last weekend, it is good for you to take care of your family. It is bonding.....

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck, and take it day by day, and things will get better
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Get your house in order stud, everything else is secondary to that.  We'll be keeping you and yours in prayer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear this Tom. I had a blast this past weekend and you seem like a very cool dude. It doesn't matter about the video, unlike Jeff says.. lmao... take care of your family first. We'll all be here when you get back. I'll be praying for you and your family as well.

Jeff, don't make me get Lee after you. lmao. You know what he'll say. lol  

Eric
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
tom, the video can wait....

get yourself and your family well.. prayers..

your family IS the most important thing in your life....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Hope everything works out Tom,
Let me know if you need anything!

Dan
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
J/K!!! Tom and I spent way too much time together last weekend...

Welcome to Brokeback AR15.com  

TOM,

Take care of your family first, screw the video!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Family first...... The video can wait...... we were all there (for the most part).... technically we have all seen it (except those that werent there )

Take some time with the family...... When all is well there... then worry about the video.....

Let me know if I or ARFCOM can help in any way..... you have my personal email, feel free......

You and "yours" are in our prayers here......
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Broke mine too when I was a kid - about 50 years ago and no big deal in the end but I can still remember it.  Just fell off my bike and landed on my shoulder.  Never needed anything and healed fine.  Sorry shes' hurt Tom and I hope it's as easy for Taylor as it was for me.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Tom,

I'm new to the boards (and Black Rifles as well).  What has impressed me the most is the sense of family and friendship here on the site and in the FL Hometown forum especially.  

Just to echo what has been said here over and over again.  Take care of the family first!.  Make your daughter comfertable and make her laugh.  It will surprise you how god it will make you both feel to hear her laughing again!

Buck Up!  Everything happens for a purpose, and it WILL get better.

We'll say a prayer for your daughter and family tonight.

Lars
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Tom:

Prayers sent for you and your family.  I will keep you in my thoughts daily as well; hope all is well.  Don't let anger eat your heart, brother.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:30:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Dont sweat the video, there are more important things for you to deal with now! Hope things get better for you and yours.

Best of luck and may god be with you
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Try not to stress over the fractured clavicle. I did the same thing when I was a kid, exactly the same thing. I was about 8, I fell off my bike, as in not even putting my hands out, fell right over onto my side.

Yep, Me 2

I was like 10 and did just that. (same brace and all)

No biggie,

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top