Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:51:14 PM EDT
Must be some of you trap shooters could direct me to a cache of once fired hulls! Please IM me if so as to where I can look.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:32:24 AM EDT
FWIW...

There's a ton of them for sale on eGay.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:47:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By osprey21:
FWIW...

There's a ton of them for sale on eGay.

Thanks, I've not been there much. It is a weird place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:01:27 PM EDT
Can I ask yo u why you want the old ones? I like the new ones so much better, maybe it just my loader but they load so muh smoother then the old brittle stuff. I have some old one but not in a huge amount. Most of them are fazed out because of reloading them in the past Like 7 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:42:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-TUNA:
Can I ask yo u why you want the old ones? I like the new ones so much better, maybe it just my loader but they load so muh smoother then the old brittle stuff. I have some old one but not in a huge amount. Most of them are fazed out because of reloading them in the past Like 7 years ago.

As someone said "The original AA's were pretty darn good. The guy who caused Win. to make the switch probably was the same guy who came out with New Coke."

I have to agree. I have shot them for many, many years, and find the new hulls a poor excuse for the orginal. The life is less, and it doesn't have the taper of the orginal. Anyway, I guess I 'm just set in my ways. However, I have loaded about a K of Remington STS green and Gold (nitro) in the last couple of days, and they seem like a pretty nice hull. Maybe time for a change.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:41:35 AM EDT
Yes the Remingtons are good and the Winchester AA are almost built with the same plastic. To me the newer stuff is better , less cracking around the crimp area over time. I use the Winchseters for my light loads an the STS for my heavy hunting loads. Easier to know which is which after loading. Check out Cabelas the sell once fired hulls so does Grafs and Son.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:47:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-TUNA:
Yes the Remingtons are good and the Winchester AA are almost built with the same plastic. To me the newer stuff is better , less cracking around the crimp area over time. I use the Winchseters for my light loads an the STS for my heavy hunting loads. Easier to know which is which after loading. Check out Cabelas the sell once fired hulls so does Grafs and Son.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:06:51 AM EDT
Just bought a bunch of Remington hulls. Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:22:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARgon:
Just bought a bunch of Remington hulls. Thanks for looking.

NO problem, Hull is my last name.
Top Top