Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 8:50:54 PM EDT by djben]
I was looking for information about the Desoto Gun club and didn't find much searching the forums here or searching the web site I found for it (http://www.desotogunclub.org/). I figured I'd ask here before trying to contact someone there directly.

Can you shoot there as a non-member?

If so, does anyone happen to have any other good information to offer up about the range?

I'm going on a little camping trip near the range this coming weekend, and figured it would be fun to take my weapons in the hopes that I can hit up the range there.

thanks ahead of time for any information you can provide

ben
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:21:42 AM EDT
Must be a member or accompanied by a member.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:45:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 2:46:00 AM EDT by MormonComputerZ]

Originally Posted By osprey21:

And it's not worth paying for a membership simply to shoot one day. What day(s) will you be going out and I'll talk to a friend who lives in Arcadia who is a member? I'll see if he can accompany you the day(s) you're out there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:10:20 AM EDT
I think they have an open to the public day on the last sunday of every month, not positive though.
They have a 100 yard range and a 200 yard range as well as bowling pin pistol range and two other 50 yard ranges. You have to be an NRA member to join $35.- plus $65.- a year for the range.
The place is on about 20 acres and usually empty except for sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:26:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MyakkaVice:
I think they have an open to the public day on the last sunday of every month, not positive though.

It's been ages since I've been out there, but I do believe you're correct.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 5:59:09 PM EDT by djben]

Originally Posted By MormonComputerZ:

Originally Posted By osprey21:

And it's not worth paying for a membership simply to shoot one day. What day(s) will you be going out and I'll talk to a friend who lives in Arcadia who is a member? I'll see if he can accompany you the day(s) you're out there.

Thanks a lot for the offer but I don't need to bother a stranger about this, I get to shoot enough and it isn't that big of a deal.

Seeing that the Hernando Machine gun shoot is only about 45 minutes away, I'll probably go to that now if I can =)
Top Top