Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 4:56:14 PM EDT
this is more of a what u planning to bring to the build party, please list what tools you have and also what kit you plan to build, that way you can help out another guy with a similar build........and lastly if you plan to go to Hernando the following day for the MG shoot...

some rules : NO Ammo ( we can not test fire here ) I do have 7.62 for head space, but do need one 5.45 round let me know.

please dont bring all your builds : this is not show and tell, although I dont thing it is a problem my last party was in a neighborhood with too many eyes. I really just dont want anyone running around my drive way with an assault rifle ( and yes even after this same warning it happened last time )

I will supply the venue, as your host we have the space of a 2 car garage, and adjoining 2 car carport, plenty of room and plenty of parking.

I will supply :
Blast cabinet
air compressor
20 ton press
spot welder
bending jig
drill press w/ vice
5 in bench top grinder ( wire wheel and grind wheel )
dremel tool
bolt cutter river crusher
2 work benches 1 large and 1 small....plan to have 1 for drilling on and 1 to pound on
2 vice's 1 large - 1 smaller
assorted gunsmithing tools
burner for heating park chemicals

I will rent a few party tables and chairs, you might want to sit at some point and when everyone shows up with all those cardboard boxes the kits come in, the available space will get taked up quickly ( another reason not to bring all your show and tell stuff ). I do have a bunch of assorted AK parts that I will sell if you need something, stocks, grips etc

We plan to do burgers and dogs for lunch, I will supply all that stuff , and condiments.....anyone that wants to bring anything other that that ( chicken, steaks, sodas ( cans ) and chips you are welcome to help out, just let me know so we dont have 13 bags of chips and 1 DIET pepsi ....lol
I love beer, but we will hold off till after the party for the boose

I will also post this over on FSN, so either reply there or here, but not both

hold off on sending me PM about this or that, I will send everyone my address a few days before via e-mail, be on the look out for that or else u gonna miss it......later for now.....I'm sure we will update this daily for the next 2 weeks........Mark
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I can bring...
Three tables  3' by 6', folding leg type comfortably sit and work on your project.  (two men per table).
Six Chairs for the tables
Chemicals for Parkerizing (still need to buy some cheap small parking tanks)
High Grade Black Protective Coating for metal parts & receivers  
Rivets

Barrel PIN pressing jig.  Fits on the end of the 12 ton press. Makes it easier pushing in/out the pin.

My own working tools - files, punches, dremmel with extra cut off wheels, C-clamps
My Primary mission is to do cosmetics (sandblasting, parking, and painting), maybe bend a flat.
Not attending the Sunday shoot.

Does anyone have an Airbrush?  
Still need to two stainless steel pans for parkerizing or a "mud pan" from Lowes.
Anybody have a tool for pressing/squishing the two LONG Rivets on the rear Tang?
The 6 inch HD vise can be used for the rear Tang rivets.  I'll bring the 'how to' paper on it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
2 rivit squeezers
dremil and cut off disks
2 folding chairs
maybe gun-kote
hacksaw
beer
machette
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Large Drill Press
6" heavy duty vise
folding chairs (if needed)
soda
grinder (good for flatening old rivets)

Krinkov build + finish half done amd ho
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I'm bringing

small 8" drill press
dremel with various attachments
drill press vise
various hand tools
1 5.45 round if mark approves
1 7.62 mag and 1 5.45 mag for fitting
cutting oil, penetrating oil, rem oil
big rubber mallet (good for delicate smashing)
TG jig (borrowed nobody go breaking it!!)

1 yugo UF kit and 1 100% DCI rec.

Not attending the shoot(we got one coming up on the 18th or March for belt fed's)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I can bring ...
my large drill press/bits/vice
angle grinder
dremel
hand tools
3 pans for Parking
Propane torch
MAPP/Ox.  torch
A.C. cables with quad boxes for work table power

I am bringing the two polish kits from the Datona party and one Romie.
All 3 on 80% global rec.

I would like to do some parking and bend a flat if I have time

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
you guys work it out, but I think only one of you will need to bring the drill press
I do have a HD vice mounted to the bench
Freakazilla unless the beer is for afterwards, please read above
I have to make a trip to lowes this week, will look at the pans, but would love to find some sort of pan a little longer maybe a 16 in BBL would fit into

I do have a cheapie HF airbrush they were like $ 5 so dont expect the world, I thought I could adapt it to spray mineral spirits on some of the guns or kits covered in cosmoline, but never tried it....Walmart has them in the hobby section for $ 9-13, I looked last night, but they were out
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm car pooling with Progun so if I don't need to bring the drill press that would be cool.  But if people need it to demil kits I will be happy to take it apart and bring it so we don't have to wait .

Also I don't plan on attending the shoot on Sunday
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a bolt cutter-rivet smasher, dremel, TG jig,  rivets, and two tantals to build.  Plus one flat to bend too.  
Will not be attending the MG shoot.
I will be coming down from Tallahassee, so if anyone wants to carpool or play follow the leader along the way, let me know.

I'll see if I can make a blank in 5.45
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
i am driving from orlando, if anyone wants to ride with me, msg me or post here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
hey rentprop u will have to come over to my place and shop before the party to see what i have to bring and what we will need .. i will see u tomorrow night i will be home at 6 is u want to swing by. i am sending u an email right now :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for posting this in the other thread first. i will repost here. I did not get to the end of the other thread before replying. is it possible to lock the other thread to ensure some newbie like me doesnt post there again?

Also I have talked to HKINFL on another board and let him know i would be in for this build. it will be my first. i have a Romy G and 2 ewbanks receivers(or they will be here in a day or so) I may also buy one more kit to bring just in case. I would like to do one rivet build and one of the "drive screw" builds. I am in ocala and will be with out kids for the weekend!! :))

What all should i bring being the NUB and all, Beer and rum?

Also i have a tapco flat that i may try to bend and all if i can find time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:26:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Will bring assortment of hand tools, Dremel, and JJK308 Barrel Pin Pusher (pat. pending) consisting of pieces of old 1/4 in drill bits, a 3/8 socket, a piece of pipe and a sledge hammer - need a big old vise.  I used a 6 in. Harbor Freight Industrial, hope yours is big enough.  Also an Autozone PS puller/barrel pusher.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Monday is going to be the dead line to order Dura coat, there hasn't been much interest so far, we do have a little bit enough for 3-4 guns and that all for now, I think a lot of guys want to park stuff, keep in mind there is prep work for that as well, hopefully will have the blast cabinet, or if you guys have access to sandblaster, clean it up the best u can in advance
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Monday is going to be the dead line to order Dura coat...

I would like to Dura coat one kit,Let me know how much you need.
My other kits match the park on the GT recievers so well I only need to park a few small parts.
Harbor Freight has Stainless steel Mud pans for 3.99 , They are about 12" wide and 4" deep.
I picked one up to try out but I don't have the chemicals so if I can give someone some cash for park stuff please let me know
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I dont know if i need the dura coat. first build. romy g with a ewbanks rec. have not seen the rec yet. i guess if i need it i would be in for some.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the mollycoat or duracoat or whatever the name of the stuff is.  That sheeeeet isn't cheap, I think something like $50 or $60 for a QUART!   If you want to spray your gun you can purchase your own quart or I'll be happy to share mine for a small donation.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
no worries, i will have cash for what ever is needed. i will also have my guns so dont try to roll me! JK

I am just happy to be getting this done, i am sure i will still need some stuff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#18]
if anyone plant to order anything from centerfire before the party , please PM me immediately
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have the mollycoat or duracoat or whatever the name of the stuff is.  That sheeeeet isn't cheap, I think something like $50 or $60 for a QUART!   If you want to spray your gun you can purchase your own quart or I'll be happy to share mine for a small donation.  

my buddy Ralph has some as well, I think there will be enough that little bottle does like 6-7 receivers or more, not sure on the color, but I dont think we will need to order any more
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I picked up the blast cabinet today, Neon told me he has the bolt cutters finished, all is looking good
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#21]
i have the spot welder with tongs ( home made lower tong but i have used it to test and it seems to work great) , 20 ton press with pin attachment to press out barrel pins. i just got done making some rivet crushers. i have a scrap receiver that i will bring so people can get the hang of othe spot welder before tacking there rails. most of this is listed above in rentprops supplys.

i dont mind any 1 using any of my things as long as they take care if it as if it was there own :) and remember who they borrowed them from :) but i guess that goes without saying. hope to get alittle help on the assy part since this is my first build. i catch on fast

i will be bringing my dremel with cutting wheels , c-clamps , files , hammers , pinches, and a freind
we both will be bringing a romi kit to finish i hope ;) since i have my flat bent, barrel pressed, and rivets out :)

i am in need of a few Romanian trigger group retainer spring or e clips.  and maybe some finish coat if someone would like to share :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]

i have the spot welder with tongs ( home made lower tong but i have used it to test and it seems to work great)

I L0VE YOU !

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#23]
NOTE : to some of you guys that do not have an E-mail in your profile, you must e-mail me directly [email protected]
I will not post my address on the internet, so if you dont contact me, you will not get directions
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

i am in need of a few Romanian trigger group retainer spring or e clips.  and maybe some finish coat if someone would like to share :)

No problem,I have plenty of E-clips
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know what I had in duracoat. I have about 1.5 bottles of the matte black, 1 bottle of the gun blue, 3/4 bottel of silver, and 1 bottle of clearcoat.  I've just been experiemnting with this stuff and it seems to work pretty good. We will need an oven to cure the parts that we paint...so I am hoping that rentprop has one we can use. This stuff is about $20 a bottle but I don't mind if we use it up as long as we learn how to do it right. Just keep in mind that it is next to impossilble to remove duracoat once you spary it on...they say even sandblasting doesn't work. That is about all that I can bring to the party as this is my first build. I have a romie kit and an ohio ordinance reciever.  See you all there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Great first post man, and see you there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
sweet thanks 85blazer :)

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem,I have plenty of E-clips

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#29]
hey Ralphie whats the 3000 for , sent u mail, I have what u are missing
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#30]
If we have at least 2 other drill presses, I don't need to bring mine I think. What say you Mark?? I'm combining my weekend with another activity, so bringing less is better for me, size wise.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If we have at least 2 other drill presses, I don't need to bring mine I think. What say you Mark?? I'm combining my weekend with another activity, so bringing less is better for me, size wise.

mine is a cheapo $ 39 POS from HF, and I know of 1 other drill press, thats a major component if something breaks down, if you have the room please bring it......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#32]
10 4 man, I jam it in there somewhere!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got a drill pres I can bring too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#34]
ok work it out with HK then just somebody bring another one, I just thought of a last min item MAPP gas to harden the holes on the receivers, I have one cylinder, but there is probably not a lot left, I dont have time to get another with work and all, if somebody has one, toss ( well place it ) in the car
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like there will be about 12-15 guys attending between the two boards, I plan to get all the stuff for a BBQ lunch, if you are Veggie or don’t like burgers and Dogs, bring something else, I am a water drinker and will pick up a case, and a little bit of soda, you guys might want to pitch in and bring some to quench your thirst, I have an extra fridge in the garage to keep it cold….lets save the beer for afterwards, we can work late no problems there, I am about 5 miles from town so get breakfast, smokes, drinks, a news paper - get whatever, before you head from town to my house, Wallgreens is on the corner where you turn…I have been telling everyone 10 am, lets shoot for that….and check this post the morning you leave just to see if anyone forgot anything or there are any late postings that are important…see you all Saturday

p.s. if you have extra AK parts ( TG springs, etc ) bring them, you never know what you might drop, break or loose…it’s a good idea to mark all your kits and boxes and take masking tape and write your name on the barrel and receivers…….they all start to look alike and its real hard to run around and match up serial numbers…there is ample work space, but don’t throw all you stuff around everyone needs a place to work, pick a spot and keep all your stuff together, if you have several kits, it easier to go back to the car rather than misplace your stuff
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I second the use of safety glasses, even the full face shields are better when grinding, I do have a first aid kit, but just to let you know now, if you gotta go to the hospital we are splitting up your AK parts........
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I just finished my last ak that I will build.

It came out fairly good.........

Check out the pictures.......Click here

You might need to scrown down till you get to them!

The one on the left is an ORF special (non-matching Numbers) AK-74S Sidefolder
And the long awaited (I waited a long time) Zastava M70AB2 - with a perfect bore!

I finished them both with moly-resin.
:The Bulgie with flat black, and the Yugo with semi-gloss......

Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#39]
 ONE MORE DAY

I picked up some MAPP gas last night ,It looks like we have everything we need.

ARE WE THERE YET
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Those are the best looking set of guns I've seen EVER.  Damn sexy builds.  Nice paint job on them too.  I'll like to fire off a few rounds on and ALL them!  Nice job.

Quoted:
I just finished my last ak that I will build.

It came out fairly good.........

Check out the pictures.......Click here

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#41]
See you boys there, I off for a night of camping and will be coming straight to the party from the tent!!! Woohoo for 60% chance of rain!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#42]
see u guys tomorrow. i can only stay till about 3-4 so please makes sure u get your chance on the spot welder before i have to pack up.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#43]
How Many More Minutes ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Rent1prop - Thanks for the hosting.  You have a VERY nice place.  Thanks for making us all feel welcome and at home.  Appreciate the burgers, dogs and lunch too.   Everyone pitched it and I know that lots of people got many things done.   I believe there's a word for this - success.

Thanks Mark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top