Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:29:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 8:13:07 AM EDT by Usafwolfe]
I'm looking for a good place to get a 1911 type pistol in Central Florida. I have a couple questions on buying a gun in Florida. I'm military and I just moved here 3 months ago. I don't have a FL identification card of any type.

At my last duty station, in Texas, I could use my New Mexico Driver Licence, and show the gun shop a copy of my military orders and that worked just fine. Will that same thing work here in FL or do I have to get some sort of local identification card?

Thanks for any help you can give..
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:27 AM EDT
If you are stationed here then the orders should be good. I'll have to double check next time I go to work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:40:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Usafwolfe:
I'm looking for a good place to get a 1911 type pistol in Central Florida. I have a couple questions on buying a gun in Florida. I'm military and I just moved here 3 months ago. I don't have a FL identification card of any type.

At my last duty station, in Texas, I could use my New Mexico Driver Licence, and show the gun shop a copy of my military orders and that worked just fine. Will that same thing work here in FL or do I have to get some sort of local identification card?

Thanks for any help you can give..

I think you'll be just fine getting the pistol. Have you gone in to a gun shop and explained the same to the guy who'd be selling it to you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:46:45 PM EDT
just get a fl id card i believe they cost 15.00 at driver lic. place
will make it easier. i usually ask my mcdill do that for me and try
to give the that much more off the price. good luck
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:21:21 PM EDT
well I went to a gun shop tonight and asked about it, They said that I really need to get either a FL id card or that if I had a FL Concealed Carry permit that would work too. So looks like I have to spend more money. I guess 15 bucks won't kill me, but damn what a hassel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:33:43 PM EDT
Find a driver license office out in the boonies. The lines there are minimal.
Otherwise count on spending half a day in line if you don't have an appt.

Thank God for online renewal, I don't have to step into one of those offices for a long time!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 2:37:02 PM EDT by gunnut284]
Ok, if your permanent duty station is in FL then you may buy a gun with your out-of-state license. You will need your military ID card and a copy of your orders showing your permanent duty station is in FL. If the dealer gives you a problem tell them to look on the back on the transfer form under "Instructions to Transferor/Seller #1".
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:24:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunnut284:
Ok, if your permanent duty station is in FL then you may buy a gun with your out-of-state license. You will need your military ID card and a copy of your orders showing your permanent duty station is in FL. If the dealer gives you a problem tell them to look on the back on the transfer form under "Instructions to Transferor/Seller #1".

+1.
Top Top