Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2006 2:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 2:39:34 PM EDT by UK_Matt]
Hi all

My Dad will be over in Florida in a few days on business and although has no intrest in shooting has offered to pick me up some stuff if i could think of anything he could get there legaly and bring back with out any real inconvienance

So two questions:

any problems with non state forigners buying 10/22 mags (butler creek 25 round banana mags (these legal in florida))? or optics (i dont think i have the money, even if he could find what i was after). If so i will just send him in to get a few slings or something similar which would cost me more here in rip off UK

Any good firearms related shops to send him on Marco Island where he is going?

Thanks

Matt
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:51:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By UK_Matt:
Hi all

My Dad will be over in Florida in a few days on business and although has no intrest in shooting has offered to pick me up some stuff if i could think of anything he could get there legaly and bring back with out any real inconvienance

So two questions:

any problems with non state forigners buying 10/22 mags (butler creek 25 round banana mags (these legal in florida))? or optics (i dont think i have the money, even if he could find what i was after).

Thanks

Matt

Yup, if you can find them, they're legal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:06:41 PM EDT
Mail order them to the hotel and have them waiting for him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:56:56 AM EDT
erm.. dont you go off to prison in GBR if you even know what a 10/22 mag is?

no problem with your old man obtaining them here, but UK customs (or thier equivalent) might have a few things to say if they find them. (rimfires are just as verboten as anything else over there, no?)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:39:54 AM EDT
Yeah, I don't know about Mags...
My dad lives in Holland and has an AR, and I don't like to send him off with magazines in his suitcase.... I guess it' d be legal, but it's just that...well.... I don't know......
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:11:45 AM EDT
No, we are allowed to own rifle here, and are even allowed semi auto in .22rf all other calibres are bolt action/ straight pull though. As long as you can convince you local police officer you have a good reason, not too hard.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:32:31 AM EDT
yeh and they can put a can on theres so i hear
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:15:16 PM EDT
cans can be put on air rifles (benieth 12ft/lb) and air pistols (benieth 6ft/lb) without any reason been given.

on all other firearms that are legal, all you have to do is give good reason like we do to get any firearm so, hearing protection, stop distubance of quarry, other wild life, local populations, are good reasons. Anyone who hasa licence who wants one can probably get without any problem.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:54:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Punani:
My dad lives in Holland...

You mean the dignitary or whatever he is?
Top Top