Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:30:04 AM EDT
Hi, I'm considering purchasing a gun from Florida Gun Exchange. Has anyone dealt with them before? Where you happy with there service? Would you deal with them again?

http://floridagunexchange.com/home.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Their prices seem high (the ones they were listing anyway!)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Beretta 96 FS from them last year at a local gun show. They had it marked at $580, but I talked them to $500 even, so you may be able to talk down the listed price.  That's the only experience I have had with them, they do show up at just about every show we have here. I would buy from them again if I thought I was getting a decent deal.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
CDNN

Check these people out. You need to download their catalog, but they have a huge amount of handguns and long guns for sale. They also have great prices......
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
bought 3 from them,, and did some tradeing when they 1st opned,,not a bad place,,  . They are one of the cheapest,,well  lets say place with good deals on most stuff in the area for LGS( not pawn/gunshops)

they are fair ,,if you  are buying, dont trade unless you have to. they nomrally dont low ball you to bad,, but they wont give top dollar either. 300 times better than  bucks,,  thats fer damn sure!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
cant speak for florida gun exchange, but stay away from bucks. a couple of years ago, my wife bought me a savage 20g double barrel from them. they bent her over.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cant speak for florida gun exchange, but stay away from bucks. a couple of years ago, my wife bought me a savage 20g double barrel from them. they bent her over.

yip,,,  wanna go see the dust on their 148$  beat to hell and back  hugarian M44 mosin  lol

i called them up since they have an archey  section (( supposedly),, and said i had a like new  fred bear  recurve(  450$ new bow) ...  wanted to know if they would take as a trade or such,, their answer

""better luck in the  newspaper"" and hung up on me.....

they done other  lil things over the years to me,, but the bow deal and the way they treated me the last time in thier store ( smart remark about a shirt i had on with agun makers name on it,,,)  i wont go back nor tell folks to go! Plus they are easily  100$ higher on EVERYTHING they sell
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#8]
floridagunexchange.com

A + for Florida GunExchange  !

Picked up many weapons including NFA items from them.    (Colt M16A1, Suppressors, etc)

Great to deal with !      The guy who runs the place is named John and is fair, honest and easy to deal with.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks averyone!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#10]
One warning their store prices are QUITE different than their show prices. If you REALLY need it now it's better than some of the other smaller shops and no one can beat their selection as far as I have seen.  In August I was up in the area taking visiting family to Daytona USA, got off I-95 a couple of exits south and came up US1 and stoped by the shop. Real friendly people but the prices seemed a bit high since I had been shopping for the gun for some time. Decided to think it over one more time and the WPB Gun show was coming up that weekend and they are always there.

Well at the show the gun was about $90 less! I bought it on the spot from the same guy that was behind the counter, I asked him frankly why the prices in the store were more expensive and he replied that they sell 10x more guns at the show and it's a cost of business at the store. I respect his honesty and that is the 3rd gun I have purchased from them, I will buy more. I don't really agree with the price variation even though I agree with the 10x more part. Heck if one day I can sell it for $300 or not at all and 3 days later  I'll sell it for $300 no matter what why not make the sale and have the cash flow !? Dunno... but I will not hold it against them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]
One warning their store prices are QUITE different than their show prices. If you REALLY need it now it's better than some of the other smaller shops and no one can beat their selection as far as I have seen.  In August I was up in the area taking visiting family to Daytona USA, got off I-95 a couple of exits south and came up US1 and stoped by the shop. Real friendly people but the prices seemed a bit high since I had been shopping for the gun for some time. Decided to think it over one more time and the WPB Gun show was coming up that weekend and they are always there.

Well at the show the gun was about $90 less! I bought it on the spot from the same guy that was behind the counter, I asked him frankly why the prices in the store were more expensive and he replied that they sell 10x more guns at the show and it's a cost of business at the store. I respect his honesty and that is the 3rd gun I have purchased from them, I will buy more. I don't really agree with the price variation even though I agree with the 10x more part. Heck if one day I can sell it for $300 or not at all and 3 days later  I'll sell it for $300 no matter what why not make the sale and have the cash flow !? Dunno... but I will not hold it against them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice store overall.  

Watch our for their pricing. They play what I consider a  dirty little game of "oh, you want to pay with a credit card?  We'll just charge you an extra 3%".  

I always thought the credit card companies didn't permit  that kind of pricing penalty in their agreements with merchants.  Of course that doesn't stop merchants from doing it any way.

In my book they are probably a better than average gun store but I don't like how they upcharge for using a Visa card.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Call VISA and report them.  They will stop the upcharge scam.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I can report only excellent experiences with Florida Gun Exchange. Their advertised prices beat other dealers in the area by at least $100 in my purchases. John special ordered me a gun, at an excellent discount and I have found his bulk ammo prices competitive. Stay away from Bucks. I don't understand the attitude there, but it is strange. No lubricant while they bend you over the counter and *very* opinionated. I learned my lesson (at a price) and drive the extra distance to Florida Gun Exchange. They have been helpful at times even when just looking...Don't know about the show pricing differences...that doesn't sound like them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#15]
yeah they have lower  show prices  but the shows ive seenthem at  in local area( orlando,, deland  ect)  they tend to be    just atad cheaper.  theres only 2 places in daytona that id go to.  Tomoka gun and pawn and  FLA gun exchange.   The other places have  attitudes or try to rape you.
Bucks does what they do  cuase they have the LEO following and the  location and time there.
noctice when theres a gun right up in the paper( recent 15 yr old shootin)  they always go to bucks.
The last one was funny,    buckwald tells of how some kid walks in with an airsoft , he didnt knowit was. kid lifts it outta his pants or such  to place on counter and  ole buck tells how he was about to shoot the kid, ive seen others do this also if shady lookin person wlaks in,, already hand on the hip ready to drawn down!  
Personally like said above a by others and me  stay away from bucks,,for some reasoni think the  guy likes bending other dudes over   without lube
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought a Glock from Florida Gun Exchange at West Palm in December and last week a Sig at the store.  I used Visa both times and no extra fees except $5 for the state background check. Great people to do business with. Quite the contrast from Bucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top