Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 3:46:52 PM EDT
Markham Park, be there by 6:30 PM

$20 for TSSA members and $25 for non-members.

Information can be found at the link below or by contacting me via PM or email.
tssa.net/SFDCC.htm
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't able to make it out on Tuesday, but I do have a question.

It states on the website "A sidearm, holster, magazines, and at least 50 rounds of ammunition are also required and will be utilized at every match."

I'm only 20 years old and do own an AR-15 and several other rifles, but do not own any handguns because i'm not legally old enough to buy one.  What would someone in my position do, would I still be able to come out and participate seeing as though I do not own a handgun and won't be able to buy one for another 8 or 9 months when i'm 21?

What would you recommend?  I'd love to come out and participate in future SFDCC events, but this is somewhat of a dilema since the website states that handguns are required.  Thanks

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, one of the things we really like to do at the matches in transitions to the handgun and fighting your way to the rifle.

We may be able to accomodate you with extra penalties so you don't skew the scores but can still participate.  We also do have some matches that have no handgun shooting at all.  We'll be doing a "precision" shoot sometime in the very near future which won't require a handgun at all, but it won't be announced (otherwise people will just show up with magnified optics).

Come on out and I'll figure out a way to get you trigger time. If at all possible try to beg borrow or steal a handgun and some mags so you can get the full effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top