Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2003 2:55:15 PM EDT
Date: Sunday October 26
Location: Eagle's Nest Preserve www.dedicated-professionals.com/index2.htm
Time: Hammer down at 9:30
Range Fee: $10
Directions: Range is located .8 miles north of I-10 (exit #303)in Lake City. Dirt road to the range is on the right-hand side of the road and there will be a FDCC sign up.

This month's FDCC match will not be at our usual home range but will be at one of our backup ranges. The range is in it's initial stages of development so there are no bathroom facilities except for the closest tree. We'll have some tables and shade setup for waiting shooters. Because there are no restrictions on shotguns at this range we're having a rare 3-gun match.

The handgun course requires a holster. Shot size for the shotgun course is up to the shooter. The 3 cof's will be a combination of bowling pins, steel plates and reactive targets.

Handgun COF:

Carbine COF:

Shotgun COF:

See you there!

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me be the first to say, AWESOME! Break out those scatterguns boys. I personally have never shot a three gun match and can't wait to do this one.

Thanks Dirk. COF's look great.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like fun.  I've got a borrowed shotgun and am looking forward to my first competition with one.

Wendy's never shot a scattergun before, so it's going to be quite the learning experience for us both.

Stephen

ps.
Is this the same address (ROUTE 16 BOX 535)that's on their website?  Just wondering, cuz yahoo maps is showing that one south of I-10. What state road is exit 303?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Stephen,

Exit 303 is HW 441, the range is north of the interstate outside Lake City a few miles. Just get on 441 in Lake City and head north to the interstate.

Side Note:

By the way I know there will be a few of us that will be bringing their tactical shotguns and would be more than happy to let you use them if anyone needs to.

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been dying for an opportunity to shoot my new (Hawkeye's old) 590!  Oh hell yeah this is gonna be great!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, now I know where I am going! I've got a coupla shotguns everyone is welcome to use if need be.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to do all 3 COFs but i dont have a shotgun suited for this. Im planning on selling it because its mainly a heavy bird/deer gun and i just havent used it in forever. If we need to use one of your shotguns how much will it be? Also, will you have shells there and how much will those be? I would use mine but its 28" and i dont exactly feel comfortable with it much less for this.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would like to do all 3 COFs but i dont have a shotgun suited for this. Im planning on selling it because its mainly a heavy bird/deer gun and i just havent used it in forever. If we need to use one of your shotguns how much will it be? Also, will you have shells there and how much will those be? I would use mine but its 28" and i dont exactly feel comfortable with it much less for this.

FDCC doesn't rent weapons, so there's no charge. We'll have enough weapons and ammo to go around, just show up for the fun!. Just the kind of fellers we are....

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:18:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, what he said...
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Any recomendations on ammo for the shotgun COF? Slugs, bird shot(6, 7 1/2, 8) , Buck shot?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Any recomendations on ammo for the shotgun COF? Slugs, bird shot(6, 7 1/2, 8) , Buck shot?

I don't think it really matters as long as we keep it confined to the berm. I'd use what ever size shot I had on hand or pick up some bird shot if I needed some. We'll be shooting pins mostly and a few paper targets.

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I will be bringing some shotgun ammo that has been sitting around for a while now, but still good so if anyone needs some I will have some for you for free.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]

I am really looking forward to this one.  My cousin is coming down up from Gainesville to shoot with us, and I am planning to go all 'Operation Overlord' on those Nazi bowling pins!  Currahee!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Will there be time and space for me to check the zeroes on my shotgun and re-configured AR?  In general, will we be allowed to shoot when not shooting one of the three COFs?  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Will there be time and space for me to check the zeroes on my shotgun and re-configured AR?  In general, will we be allowed to shoot when not shooting one of the three COFs?  Thanks guys!

Strazz,

Limited berm area will limit the amount of extra shooting going on, so I wouldn't count on doing it then but I plan on getting there early as I need to zero my shotgun.

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright, I'll just try to crawl out of bed a bit earlier
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
You boys get a good nights sleep.....

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey all:

I am oncall this weekend: [>(]  I will be thinking of all of you fine folks.  Have fun and be safe.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#18]
White Horse...
 You missed a great shoot man!  Sorry you couldn't make it.

A big thanks to Russ for letting us shoot there.  The location has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing it evolve.

Stephen (and Wendy)
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey all:

I am oncall this weekend: [>(]  I will be thinking of all of you fine folks.  Have fun and be safe.

-White Horse

We missed ya! See you next month.

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Match Results

These are the results from the cards that I have:

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I think something should be said for me running a 4 shot pump on the shotgun course!!  Gimme one of those fancy-dancy shotties and my time would have been a helluva lot faster.

hehehe

=)

Stephen

Oh..and did I mention I was hungover too?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Dont sweat it Stephan, I been suckin wind lately too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I think something should be said for me running a 4 shot pump on the shotgun course!!  Gimme one of those fancy-dancy shotties and my time would have been a helluva lot faster.

hehehe

=)

Stephen

Oh..and did I mention I was hungover too?

Stephen,

Anyone can do it with one of those fancy-dancy shotties, it takes a real shooter to use a pump!

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I should of shot shotgun/pistol but for some reason I didnt.

I was for some odd reason freaked out and nervous more then i was at the 3 year.

I did ok at carbine I still cant beleive i dropped my mag and didnt slap it in hard enough!

I'll never get over that "sigh" .
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I should of shot shotgun/pistol but for some reason I didnt.

I was for some odd reason freaked out and nervous more then i was at the 3 year.

I did ok at carbine I still cant beleive i dropped my mag and didnt slap it in hard enough!

I'll never get over that "sigh" .

Everytime you insert the mag, pull down on it to make sure it's seated. After awhile it becomes second-nature!

That's why we practice...

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Congrates Hawkeye and everyone else. I had fun and Iwill be ready for the next one for sure my close combat shotgun is almost done. Hope to see you guys soon.              
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#27]
This was a heck of alot of fun! When can we do it again?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Everyone!

Sorry for the late post but I wanted to extend my appreciation to everyone for their participation in the October shoot at ENP.  The proceeds have gone to make shelters available on the line and a large pavilion type shelter for gathering near the entrance.

Congrats to Hawkeye!  He gets the "t-shirt" and the complimentary slot for our upcoming "Empty-Hand Combatives" course on Dec.06-07 (remember, not all situations call for a handgun, shotgun or carbine.  you may need to fight your way to whatever is available).  This is the same course that we have been contracted to conduct for the Air Force.  

We are also sponsoring another 3-gun match through the Lake City Community College Foundation on December 20 at the LCCC range for those of you who shot the Jeff Davis Memorial Match and everyone else who is interested.

This will be the First Annual "George W. Travis Memorial 3-gun Tactical Match" and the proceeds will establish a scholarship for cancer survivors and/or their immediate family members along with benefiting cancer research.  

The match will consist of 2 handgun stages / 2 shotgun stages / 2 carbine stages.  Cost = $30 and prizes from sponsors will be awarded to top shooters.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:24:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Russ rules!

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
If I hadn't bumbled that mag change, Hawkeye would have been toast by a mile. That's what I get for loading my mags full.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If I hadn't bumbled that mag change, Hawkeye would have been toast by a mile. That's what I get for loading my mags full.

I must have missed that, what did having your mags full do with your mag change?

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must have missed that, what did having your mags full do with your mag change?

Dirk

Couldn't seat the mag on the closed bolt, too much pressure from the rounds & I didn't smack it hard enough. I usually load two rounds short of a full mag.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#33]
yep.... I always load 28 or 18 rounds max.

Procedural Error -2

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:35:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I never have any problems loading the full number of rounds that each mag is designed to hold.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#35]
"two rounds short of a full mag."

hehe...is that anything like "the elevator not going all the way to the top?"

Stephen
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I never have any problems loading the full number of rounds that each mag is designed to hold.

Same here but there is a noticable different in the ease of the mag latching into position with a short mag.

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here but there is a noticable different in the ease of the mag latching into position with a short mag.

Dirk

I know. I was just being a wise guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top