Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2003 5:57:52 PM EDT
I will be spending a couple of weeks in Highlands county. Is there anywhere with a range over 100 yards to shoot at? My mom has a house in Venus on 10 acres. I haven't met any freindlies in the area. Anywhere in the county would be nice. I have heard semi-auto rifle fire in the area on many occasions. Thank you for any help.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there are any outdoor ranges there except one in Lorida (North side of Lake Istokpoga)---but that's a member range.  I used to live in Lake Placid--just north of Venus-- I grew up there, but now live in Orlando.

There is an indoor range, but it's only good for handguns of course.  It's called Jim's Pistolarrow.  It's off of US98 before you get to the Sebring Airport/raceway--on the right side of the road.

Joker223
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, this is depressing. I guess i'll take the 90 minute drive to a friend's house in Polk county. He has access to thousands of acres, but that also comes with a price. Access to and from requires a 4X4 and some luck. This vacation is starting to sound pretty lame. I was hoping to re-inspire the Marine who is asleep inside my step-dad. My mom is a ravid antigun believer. He has shown subdued interest and spent time behind an M16. There's gotta be someone out there who shoots ARs and knows a place.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Try calling Jim's Pistolarrow Range in Sebring (813) 655-4505 or, Mike's Okeechobee Guns in Okeechobee (863)-763-0122, maybe they can steer you to something close by. I hear Mike's has access to a rifle range out to 400yds.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top