Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2003 7:07:22 AM EDT
I am looking for a FFL in the Orlando area that is friendly to the black rifle, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

TIA
Rich B.
Orlando, FL
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
 There is East Orange Shooting Sports- just ask for Dick- he and his wife own the shop.  He can be a little pricey, but Dick builds some fine AR's.  I've seen him bring out his .45 upper and play a few times, so I know he is AR- friendly.  

There is also Shoot-Straigh in Apopka, they have another location nearer to Orlando, but I'm not sure which it is.  Just check the yellow pages under "gun shops," and ask for prices.  Everyone is going to charge you the same for the background check, but some will hose you more than others on the transfer fee.  Just shop around.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Gun Land in Kissimmee is the most black rifle friendly.It's on Orange Blossom right before you go into Kissemmee.You'll drool when you see all the owners weapons displayed throughout the store.Nice people.

At least before I got the hell out of Orlando, Shoot Straight was owned by the same people that brought you 9-1-1.That always influenced my decision to shop there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

At least before I got the hell out of Orlando, Shoot Straight was owned by the same people that brought you 9-1-1.That always influenced my decision to shop there.

Holy crap!   I never knew that- I don't think that's the case anymore though.  I try not to patronize those people, since you never know where there proceeds are going...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll hardly ever see them working there but that was who owned it 2 1/2 years ago when I left Orlando.The only time I ever saw the owner was at the Apopka store once.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean to tell me no one that comes to this board as a member has a FFl, and would help a brother out?   Thanks for the heads up on the Shoot Straight thing.  Their prices are a bit high anyways.  I have been dealing with Chris at Pace outfitters but they charge $25 plus tax
for a transfer.  I thought there was no tax on the transfer or the product since i paid the guy out of state for the lower?

Oh well I guess I have to bite the bullet and pay it then.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you check out Kurt of KurtsKustom in the Industry forums.He's in Bushnell,about a 1/2 hour west of Clermont.Kurt is A++++++ around AR15.com.$25 is about right for a transfer and there is NO tax on a weapon if YOU send the funds and the FFL just does the transfer.It's no different than any other internet transaction,as far as the tax goes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]
This will answear your questions on a FFL and the tax.....

www.gunfinder.net/qna.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top