Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 5:30:55 PM EDT
I’m working in Florida living at an Extended stay hotel can I legally buy a rifle from a private party in Florida?
Gerry
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If neither of you hold a FFL license, I have not read anything in the law that would prevent the sale. This has to be inperson...no shipping out of state.
Now when the new owner take the firearm home they are responsible for complying with state law.
What type of firearm is involved and what state is the buyer from?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If neither of you hold a FFL license, I have not read anything in the law that would prevent the sale. This has to be inperson...no shipping out of state.
Now when the new owner take the firearm home they are responsible for complying with state law.
What type of firearm is involved and what state is the buyer from?

I wolud keep the rifle with me in Florida. I would be living out of a hotel with the rifle locked up else where.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly...........being as you are not a legal resident of this state that the GCA 68 requires the purchase be consumated through a Licensed Dealer.

You can research it here .... GCA 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top