Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
She is coming together nicely. Just need a sling, optic mount and a Eotech. Of course more magazines.

Yes there is a mandatory foot in the image!

A subtle hint for Mr. Reeves to review the AP5.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking pretty darn Good!
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are those worth it?

View Quote

Reports were the Gen II were squared away. I haven't used them but I should have some soon. The fact that Quarter Circle is offering them for use in their lowers gives me pretty reasonable belief that they will be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was thinking about Fo'ing and buying the "M" to complete the trifecta but I think I'll just use the funds to buy moar ammo and stuff..

I'm really enjoying the siblings..
View Quote

Do it, I love my M. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]

You are pure evil......., and I like your style!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You guyz are killin me!
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Reports were the Gen II were squared away. I haven't used them but I should have some soon. The fact that Quarter Circle is offering them for use in their lowers gives me pretty reasonable belief that they will be good to go.
View Quote

My order arrived today. The mags are nice.

Compared to the MKE mags, finish is a touch more matte / flat , round count viewing holes are slightly smaller, seam welded halves appear to be continuous welds, tensioning bumps on the rear aren't quite as visually pronounced but still lock up and wobble front to back about the same, tension plate on front uses 4 spot welds, mag catch is clearly defined and locks in the same, follower has a slightly wider upright/bump, the mag body appears to have been laser engraved toward the bottom with the quarter circle 10 logo but they come in KCI packaging.

Looks like quarter circle 10 uses them as their brand of mag and either inspects and marks or KCI is marking for them after applying the finish.

I need to take them to the range but so far, I think they are worth the price.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Today i messed around with the plastic hard case it ships with, noticing stickers covering up other stickers.

I separated one of them and found what i thought was neat, the MKE Turkish logo and writing underneath.
View Quote

Like this? That was on my 2016 box.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52405230727_ebc1869ecc_c.jpg
View Quote

Exactly!
They stuck the AP5 sticker over the top of that one.
I think that one is a little more "fun" IMO.

And i just picked up my AP5P, nice finish, but i noticed the cocking tube is a little crooked.

Sad because my full size is flawless.

I laser bore slighted it last night to be sure the sights are right.
Looks good but i need to test it out soon...
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Red,
Use gun.deals to find the best price, thier results include wikiarms results with shipping info. Family Firearms has been agreesive on the full size price with lots of positive feedback in the larger AP5 thread. Dack had the best price on a K/P and they shipped within 36 hours if ordering when I ordered the last time. I only ordered the base models and then purchased accessories as I wanted. The factory accessories kits seemed a bit crude for the price but make sense if you want a one stop purchase.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Atlantic I noticed just raised the price.
When i ordered my ap5p they had a "best price in cart".

That took about $100 off of the core model w/brace per the current prices.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]
True. A friend was all enamored with mine. His wife contacted me to get info to get him one for Christmas. When I sent her the link, the price was 115.00 more
Quoted:
Atlantic I noticed just raised the price.
When i ordered my ap5p they had a "best price in cart".

That took about $100 off of the core model w/brace per the current prices.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52405230727_ebc1869ecc_c.jpg
View Quote

Mine was the same. People are being confused as to who makes these weapons. Century had NO hand in making these. It is all MKE that makes these on HK tooling and machines. I would not have purchased a AP5 if any Century monkey was involved in making the AP5. To cover up the MKE logo I feel is a dick move!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got back from the range with my new AP5-P.
I cleaned it and lubed her up really well before I went--the cocking felt much smoother after that.

I had no issues with the HK mag (230rds of Fiocchi 124) or the MKE mags (100rds of Fiocchi 124, 100rds of Federal AE 124). **Sadly, the Overwatch OMAG always misfeeds on the 27-29th round (I put 70rds of Fiocchi 124 through it).

But ignoring the OMAG, the gun was 100%. I'm buying more MKE and HK mags tonight.
I kinda wish I'd gone with the full-size as the real estate for the grip is a bit tight--I was holding the magwell/mag. However, since I want to suppress it, I figure I'd shave off the extra length...it's just like 3.5 inches, but that may make some of the 147gr stuff go super-sonic.
---
The iron sights were dead on at 7 yards, and shot maybe 2" high at 20 yards. The iron sights shot a 2" one-hole group at 15 yards. I put a Holosun on an MFI low-mount, and within 6 shots, I had it dialed in.
My 30rd "groups" were always one ragged hole about 1.5" in diameter at 20 yards.

I do think I may move to a 30mm optic OR the holosun AEMS just to give me more space to see around and above the front sight ring--the top-half of the ring goes up and across the lower half of my view.

I may also sell this extremely expensive mount and grab a UTG to fund more mags and ammo.  :)

After another 500rds, I'm going to SBR it and put an UMP stock on it. Then comes the suppressor wait.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just got back from the range with my new AP5-P.
I cleaned it and lubed her up really well before I went--the cocking felt much smoother after that.

I had no issues with the HK mag (230rds of Fiocchi 124) or the MKE mags (100rds of Fiocchi 124, 100rds of Federal AE 124). **Sadly, the Overwatch OMAG always misfeeds on the 27-29th round (I put 70rds of Fiocchi 124 through it).

But ignoring the OMAG, the gun was 100%. I'm buying more MKE and HK mags tonight.
I kinda wish I'd gone with the full-size as the real estate for the grip is a bit tight--I was holding the magwell/mag. However, since I want to suppress it, I figure I'd shave off the extra length...it's just like 3.5 inches, but that may make some of the 147gr stuff go super-sonic.
---
The iron sights were dead on at 7 yards, and shot maybe 2" high at 20 yards. The iron sights shot a 2" one-hole group at 15 yards. I put a Holosun on an MFI low-mount, and within 6 shots, I had it dialed in.
My 30rd "groups" were always one ragged hole about 1.5" in diameter at 20 yards.

I do think I may move to a 30mm optic OR the holosun AEMS just to give me more space to see around and above the front sight ring--the top-half of the ring goes up and across the lower half of my view.

I may also sell this extremely expensive mount and grab a UTG to fund more mags and ammo.  :)

After another 500rds, I'm going to SBR it and put an UMP stock on it. Then comes the suppressor wait.
View Quote

If you have longer arms you’ll love the UMP stock. I sold the regular B&T side folder because I was really hunched up on it due to my monkey arms. I got the UMP in today and the fit is perfect now. SBR’ing it is worth the stamp just to add the front grip. It makes it much more comfortable to shoot. If you want to save about $75, Custom Smith Manufacturing makes a stock adapter they sell for about $50 that works perfectly with any B&T hinge side folder. That plus a $95 shipped UMP body and you’re in business.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Good to know on the Custom Smith thing.
I actually have short, stubby arms, but for some reason the SB Brace is just WAY too short.
I heard once you SBR it, then Century won't help with any issues--so I'm going to wait until I get about 1000rds through it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been playing around with my ap5p, seeing what i can do to make it feel smoother when hand cycling.

Biggest thing that helped was to polish the underside of the bolt and carrier where it rides over the hammer.

Then i did the same on the hammer.
I pretty much ended up with a mirror finish on the carrier and the hammer face.

On the bottom of the bolt, i didn't go as far, mostly light sanding and some polishing to give it some shine.

Rides over a loaded mag very smoothly now.

Final thing was the cocking tube.

I took that apart and focused where the wear marks were forming.

One on the front where the handle inserts, and one on the opposite side at the rear.

Makes sense since when working the charging handle it pushes the cocking support into the receiver cocking tube at an angle.

I didn't go too crazy where it would show through cocking handle opening in the reciever, but i did a light mirror finish at the back.

Then smoothed up the entire cocking piece, polished the end where it makes contact with the carrier for a smoother transition in and out of the locking notch.

Result: it feels fantastic when working the charging handle!

To do this i have air tools.
Diegrinder with a harbor freight polishing wheel, and the white compound.

Started with some sand paper, started at 600 grit and worked up to 2000.

Small areas, i have an air powered dremel of sorts... lol
Felt bits are cheap on amazon!

Now i want to compare it to an hk...

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Well i took my ap5p out today, i put 200 rounds of blazer brass 115gr through it without a hitch.

I'm now positive my cocking tube is straight, but the front sight is canted to the right slightly.

I needed to adjust the rear sight to make up for it.

Adjusted all the way over, it's shooting great.

If i decide to sbr this thing, then i want it perfect.
If i keep it as a pistol, then i can live with it...

How hard would it be to fix this?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]
"Final thing was the cocking tube.
I took that apart and focused where the wear marks were forming.
One on the front where the handle inserts, and one on the opposite side at the rear."

I didn't even know that part was removable.
I watched a video on YT where the guy said it wasn't removable.
I know with other guns, you can remove the charging handle and the locking-block will slide out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, there is a roll pin holding the charging handle in there.

Pull it back part way and you will see it line up with the cocking tube hole in the reciever.

Drive it down and out with a brass punch.

Then the cocking thing can fall out of the back of the cocking tube that's part of the reciever.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#25]
And i found out how to fix it...

Good news is the barrel is in there straight, the trilug is clocked straight with the reciever.

The front sight from what i read is pressed onto the barrel, and the barrel has lugs that dig into the front sight.

The front sight would need to be pressed off, probably replaced with a new one, and the pressed back on.

I'm probably not going to worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And i found out how to fix it...

Good news is the barrel is in there straight, the trilug is clocked straight with the reciever.

The front sight from what i read is pressed onto the barrel, and the barrel has lugs that dig into the front sight.

The front sight would need to be pressed off, probably replaced with a new one, and the pressed back on.

I'm probably not going to worry about it.
View Quote

If it’s not too noticeable visually, I wouldn’t worry with it. I’ve read posts on other forums about actual a HK sight tower being slightly canted too, not a big sample size but it happens. Mine is dead straight in every way, but the rear sight is still nearly maxed on windage. Considering everything else runs great, I’d SBR it and maybe get it fixed later if it still bothers you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I purchased an AP5K from Atlantic Firearms. Disassembled it, ran a bore brush to clean the barrel and flutes, lubed it and took it out to the range and the it jammed every round. Failure to extract with the casing lodging between the bolt and ejection port and sometimes between the bolt carrier and chamber face. It was basically a single shot and the jams would not easily clear without using a tool to draw the bolt to the rear when the casing lodged in front of the bolt. I was using Federal 9mm 124 grain FMJ. My buddy had some Winchester 124 Grain NATO white box ammo so I tried that and had the same issues. It was chewing up the casings. The most I could get the AP5 to fire without jamming was 3 rounds. Tried HK factory 30 round mags and same issues. One of the guys at the range had some Winchester Ranger 9mm 124 grain +P ammo and offered for me to try that. I tried that ammo and had the same issues. I will try changing the extractor spring and see if that helps. Do disappointing. I have 3 Class 3 dealers in my shooting group and we shoot many HK MP5 weapons routinely using your basic economy Federal, Winchester, even Blazer Brass FMJ and never have issues so. Not a knock at Atlantic Firearms as I've had good experiences with them so far. I hope this can be resolved.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I fired 1 mag of 124gr and switched to 115gr there after. Had 1 FTF with 115 but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I purchased an AP5K from Atlantic Firearms. Disassembled it, ran a bore brush to clean the barrel and flutes, lubed it and took it out to the range and the it jammed every round. Failure to extract with the casing lodging between the bolt and ejection port and sometimes between the bolt carrier and chamber face. It was basically a single shot and the jams would not easily clear without using a tool to draw the bolt to the rear when the casing lodged in front of the bolt. I was using Federal 9mm 124 grain FMJ. My buddy had some Winchester 124 Grain NATO white box ammo so I tried that and had the same issues. It was chewing up the casings. The most I could get the AP5 to fire without jamming was 3 rounds. Tried HK factory 30 round mags and same issues. One of the guys at the range had some Winchester Ranger 9mm 124 grain +P ammo and offered for me to try that. I tried that ammo and had the same issues. I will try changing the extractor spring and see if that helps. Do disappointing. I have 3 Class 3 dealers in my shooting group and we shoot many HK MP5 weapons routinely using your basic economy Federal, Winchester, even Blazer Brass FMJ and never have issues so. Not a knock at Atlantic Firearms as I've had good experiences with them so far. I hope this can be resolved.

Full-Auto
View Quote

From my experience and what I’ve seen on the Reddit MP5 group: If you have a brace, make sure the hammer strut isn’t leaving a mark on the brace adapter, drill the spot out if it is. Use HK rifle extractor springs. Use a HK ejector and make sure your original ejector spring isn’t boogered up. I’ve posted pictures of the HK vs. MKE ejectors and the faces are very different. (I personally believe these ejectors cause the most problems). It’s about $60 for those parts but it beats the aggravation of shipping it to Century for repair or replacement.

Edit: if you have access to someone’s semi MP5, swap trigger packs to rule out extractor issues.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

From my experience and what I’ve seen on the Reddit MP5 group: If you have a brace, make sure the hammer strut isn’t leaving a mark on the brace adapter, drill the spot out if it is. Use HK rifle extractor springs. Use a HK ejector and make sure your original ejector spring isn’t boogered up. I’ve posted pictures of the HK vs. MKE ejectors and the faces are very different. (I personally believe these ejectors cause the most problems). It’s about $60 for those parts but it beats the aggravation of shipping it to Century for repair or replacement.

Edit: if you have access to someone’s semi MP5, swap trigger packs to rule out extractor issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full-Auto

Starzec, thank you for the info. I'll try those tips.

Full-auto
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Starzec, thank you for the info. I'll try those tips.

Full-auto
View Quote

I did the brace mod, then took it to a proper range for some zeroing and testing with cheap ammo.

While it ran flawlessly, i did notice the hammer strut still contacted the brace!

I'll do a little more materal removal for good measure, but if it contacted that far back, i can see how it could cause issues.

I also had what i might call "tightness" on the extractor.

Doing come cycling checks, i noticed the extractor didn't like to seat very easily.

I ended up flushing some cleaner down into the extractor the best i could, and used compressed air to really force it in.

Followed up with some rem oil, and compressed air to blow it in.

I don't know if it helped prevent any issues, but it seemed to seat much easier afterwards.

There was also some black stuff all over the extractor face that really required some work to clean up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If it’s not too noticeable visually, I wouldn’t worry with it. I’ve read posts on other forums about actual a HK sight tower being slightly canted too, not a big sample size but it happens. Mine is dead straight in every way, but the rear sight is still nearly maxed on windage. Considering everything else runs great, I’d SBR it and maybe get it fixed later if it still bothers you.
View Quote

Good news is my full size AP5 is absolutely flawless, other than the front of the mag well not being 100% square.

That's purely cosmetic and doesn't bother me.

For the P,
I'm thinking I'll live with it, but I'm reviewing my options...

If this was zenith, I would probably let them try their hand at fixing it.

I believe centry will either blow me off because it shoots fine with the rear sight drifted all the way over, or replace it with another.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just got back from the range. Took the AP5-P out and it did not disappoint. Just like it's big brother, it's a fine shooter. I had no issues of any kind at the range expect for one at the beginning. I'll explain later. The little fella  ate 210 rounds of MKE 124s with ease and also 30 rounds of CCI brass 115s. This thing is accurate! All shots were fired in a standing position, gun supported only by sling. This thing is a joy to shoot. I didn't even have to zero the Holosun. It was dead-on from the get go.

Here are a few photos..:

Photo 1 shows a 30 round group fired at 20 yards. It was the first time firing the gun.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/T4MqiZ.jpg

Close-up of photo 1
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/924/Qe861N.jpg

Photo 2 shows an additional 30 rounds fired at bulls eye, but at 30 yards.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/LXAh7o.jpg

Close-up of Photo 2.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/PxsfUV.jpg

Photo 3 shows 90 rounds fired at bulls eye, but target placed back to 20 yards.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/TOsd7B.jpg

Photo 4 shows a 30 round group fired above bulls eye with CCI 115s at 30 yards.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/922/tQEFwK.jpg

Close-up of Photo 4
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/TyTcQZ.jpg

All in all a perfect range trip. The MKE AP5 and AP5-P are definitely keepers.

Oh, and as for the little issue that I had at the range.? Well, It happened before a shot was even fired. I left a little skin on the rail racking the charge handle for the mag insert. Rookie mistake.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/2YeKOI.jpg

View Quote

@LOS

Nice shooting!

I see the problem you are having with the rail mount cutting your thumb.

The one I bought from Atlantic doesn't have that problem. All smoothed and blended from the factory.

I hadn't even thought about it until I saw your post (and blood).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Full-Auto
View Quote

That's a LOT of failures!

I would send it back for repair or replace.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Starzec

You are a genius!

My hammer strut WAS impacting the brace adapter.

I'm fixing that tonight!

ETA:
Where do you get spare buffers?  Mine are all chewed up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@Starzec

You are a genius!

My hammer strut WAS impacting the brace adapter.

I'm fixing that tonight!

ETA:
Where do you get spare buffers?  Mine are all chewed up.
View Quote

HKParts.net and Midwest Gun Works sells them but they are both out of stock right now. Midwest is real good about notifying you if you sign up for in-stock notifications.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@LOS

Nice shooting!

I see the problem you are having with the rail mount cutting your thumb.

The one I bought from Atlantic doesn't have that problem. All smoothed and blended from the factory.

I hadn't even thought about it until I saw your post (and blood).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367876/MP5_Mount_2_jpg-2566821.JPG

View Quote

Thank you, Sir.  It was a rookie mistake. I've now mastered the "pinky charge method" so no more possibility of horrific bleed-out injury.  :)

Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Forward grip on the K model seems to be required.
Mine got really hot; I ended up having to grab down by the mag to keep it from getting uncomfortable.

That right there makes it worth it to go the SBR route, then I can run a proper stock with it.
I'm thinking Safety Harbor for the K.

My Fullsize with the fat handguard is very pleasant, but man I love how compact the size of the K model is.

And the Atlantic firearm sale seems to be back, but now they have an "email me a price/code"
I'm curious if it's the same $100 off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Custom Smith Mfg makes a few grips that are "oversized" and completely cover the trunnion on the K models--giving you more room to grab it, and protects your hand from any heat.
But I agree that the VFG is the way to go with K.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Custom Smith Mfg makes a few grips that are "oversized" and completely cover the trunnion on the K models--giving you more room to grab it, and protects your hand from any heat.
But I agree that the VFG is the way to go with K.
View Quote

And it just looks right.

Link Posted: 10/23/2022 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#41]
My ap5m had extraction issues first time out. Weak ejection and or case not leaving breach. Popped extractor out and cleaned up some flash on the bolt where it sat and buffed up bottom of exfractor a little and it ran better but still gonna swap springs. It hates Korean 20rd mags tho. And blazer brass. And hp ammo.

Hk mags and 124gr ammo and it will run until it is too hot to hold.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
One thing to note, and it's very well documented,  is that the exposed trunnion will get a "little warm" as  you fire more and more rounds down the pipe. Of course, wearing gloves will take care of the issue. I don't own gloves (yet) so I came home from the range with a thought on how to shield the hand from the heavenly warmth without having to wear gloves.

View Quote

I noted this early on with a POF reverse stretch.
The Magpul forend for the MP5 K solves the problem nicely.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@LOS

How did you mount your light to the handguard?
View Quote

Arisaka MLok offset mount. Brings the light in nice and tight.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I wanted to mount a weapon light on a standard K handguard without using a sight tower mount or a pressure switch so I came up with this. Ignore the regular flashlight, it’ll get a proper light when I find the right one and the right mount:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wanted to mount a weapon light on a standard K handguard without using a sight tower mount or a pressure switch so I came up with this. Ignore the regular flashlight, it'll get a proper light when I find the right one and the right mount:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58346/B845CD8B-E1AF-4820-8AFA-3E0345C3F34F_jpe-2578946.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58346/B3C37109-6E23-491D-9155-CBEFA6669B89_jpe-2578947.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58346/56160BC4-63DB-461A-AA60-BB6F4155670D_jpe-2578951.JPG
View Quote
With that Magpul offset mount you have, it can also accept a direct screw on of a scout light body. Should be a bit lower profile than a rail clamp.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#47]
I just received my ap5k yesterday.  Pistol was nice and tight, welds looked good, cocking tube/front sight straight.  Jmac receiver cap rail was a nice tight fit, should stay snug for awhile.  I cleaned and lubed it with some WC heavy oil and did a brief range test with only 100rds.

Fed great from mke mag and a 20rd kci g2mag, both fit decent, not as tight as my ptr 9c.  I did have an older steel 30rd, probably pof, it wanted to ftf on 2nd to last rd.  After I'd clear it and load rd backing mag, it would feed it from hk slap.  Probably mag spring issue.  I did note that recoil spring is quite a bit stiffer than my full size ptr, but I assume that's due to k size.  Sights were pretty much on as I was ringing ipsc steel at 125yds with 124 nato.  

I did throw a magpul safety on it and for now a battle steel pic mount with a holosun 515.  Thinking about buying a m8 rear sight mount and using a spare 508t I have.  I do like the irons, but the current mount and optic are extremely tight to charging handle.  Thoughts on m8 mount?

I was pleasantly surprised by trigger.  A friend has an older zenith import mke and it's about got a 10.5-11lb trigger that feels like crap.  I was expecting similar and already looking at options.  Compared to my ptr, the break and reset of this mke is crisper and shorter.  The ptr is lighter at 5.5lbs, but the mke is probably 6-7lbs(crispness makes it feel closer to ptr pull weight).
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mine got really hot; I ended up having to grab down by the mag to keep it from getting uncomfortable.

That right there makes it worth it to go the SBR route, then I can run a proper stock with it.
I'm thinking Safety Harbor for the K.

My Fullsize with the fat handguard is very pleasant, but man I love how compact the size of the K model is.

And the Atlantic firearm sale seems to be back, but now they have an "email me a price/code"
I'm curious if it's the same $100 off.
View Quote

I just did that from Atlantic, ap5k was 1099+30 shipping
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#49]
This MKE optic mount is frustrating. I will definitely lose some of the hardware before I ever get one of the tiny screws to bite into one of these little metal pieces.

Edited to add: I had the “claw” pieces upside down.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, I just got an AP5 to go with my AP5-P.
Early X-mas present to myself.
$1219 shipped with the brace and my FFL is $15.
After being so impressed with my AP5-P, I figure I may as well try out an AP5 since I doubt the prices are going to come down any more than this (and they may go up).

If money ever gets tight, I'll have to part with one--but at least I'll know which I prefer now that I'll have both to shoot. Sadly, upgrades cost quite a bit, so just getting the gun where I want it is gonna be a bit pricey (HK lower, Magpul safety, a new wide or mlok hanguard, etc.).  
--

** QUESTION:

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to attach an A2 stock on to an AP5-P?  
I like the shorter gun with the full-stock.
--

** NOTE:  I bought the US-made ejector from HK Parts and it doesn't fit right in my AP5-P. It causes the bolt to hang up a bit. It WILL cock and go forward, but there's a hitch in it where something is hitting something.
Has anyone else had this issue and know the fix?  

I compared it to the MKE-OEM, and it looks almost the exact same...but something must be off (worst case, I'll sell it cheap and get a German-made one and hope for a different result...but now I'm wondering if my MKE ejector was "fit" to this gun somehow).
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top