Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
2nd Ap-5P arrived today. We are in the golden age of Mp5’s.  Snooze and you lose

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered my AP5-P on Monday expecting a 7-14 day delay (as advertised on Atlantics site) and got shipping notification today!

Nice…

I’m still salty I paid $1600 for my PTR 9CT and 9KT last year.  SBR’d both of them and now I’m having issues with stovepiping on my 9KT.

I didn’t think the welded rail would bother me that much, even though it’s arguably an added benefit, but it does…..but at the time the Century’s were still $2200+…

So I went ahead and got an AP5-P and I’ll likely SBR it as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Will do!

Question to Atlantic-  I know these are “new”, but I also see they sometimes arrive with “handling marks”.  Is there someway I can pay extra (if it’s a reasonable amount) to be assured I get one without these flaws?  Or is there a way to get a blemish free one?  Small knicks and scratches are fine but one of my PTRs had a pretty good deep scratch on it and of course they either wont do anything about it or it’s not worth the trouble.

Yeah, I’m that guy.   The medication helps, but it’s just who I am, lol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered my AP5-P on Monday expecting a 7-14 day delay (as advertised on Atlantics site) and got shipping notification today!

Nice…

I’m still salty I paid $1600 for my PTR 9CT and 9KT last year.  SBR’d both of them and now I’m having issues with stovepiping on my 9KT.

I didn’t think the welded rail would bother me that much, even though it’s arguably an added benefit, but it does…..but at the time the Century’s were still $2200+…

So I went ahead and got an AP5-P and I’ll likely SBR it as well.
View Quote

I ordered the regular AP5 on the 9th. Still no tracking for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, ordered on Monday 7/11 and just picked up from my ffl today 7/14.  Extremely happy with the sample that I just received.  I need an AP5-M to complete the MKE collection.

Yg
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

My order for a AP5 was placed on the 6th. Waiting for shipping confirmation...
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Meanwhile I’m over here excited to spray paint my K.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am sorry we do not offer a hand pick or inspection service , We are shipping over a 1000 firearms a day and offering custom inspections would just not work out. All of this being said we have shipped thousand's of the AP5 pistols and not aware of any major complaints or issues with the finish of the pistols reported to our office.
View Quote

As a sample size of one, the finish on the AP5-P I ordered from you folks is fantastic.  The magazine wobble is not.  However, the gun runs so far, so I'm not overly concerned.   These guns are steals at the current pricing and Atlantic is GTG.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up my AP5M last Sunday. Probably ran about 300 rounds through it so far. Lots of fun, got it from battlehawk for $1133 shipped.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As a sample size of one, the finish on the AP5-P I ordered from you folks is fantastic.  The magazine wobble is not.  However, the gun runs so far, so I'm not overly concerned.   These guns are steals at the current pricing and Atlantic is GTG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sorry we do not offer a hand pick or inspection service , We are shipping over a 1000 firearms a day and offering custom inspections would just not work out. All of this being said we have shipped thousand's of the AP5 pistols and not aware of any major complaints or issues with the finish of the pistols reported to our office.

I read something in one of the many ARF AP5 threads about replacing with a hkparts mag latch to fix wobble.  Not the German hk part, the hkparts part.  The German is too thin or too thick, can't remember.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Picked up my AP5M last Sunday. Probably ran about 300 rounds through it so far. Lots of fun, got it from battlehawk for $1133 shipped.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46983/BE9A7E5C-BC94-4ADE-A343-C5E173C5686C_jpe-2453831.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46983/0515C065-BF13-4738-8385-6AD0AFE57587_jpe-2453832.JPG
View Quote

Fullmedaljacket8 - Looks great!  I like the look of the M for that classic "retro" (80s) MP5K look with the snub nose!

Too bad an AOW stamp to Form-1 is $200 (same as SBR) and not the $5 (transfer) they are from Mfr/dealer - to add a MP5K VFG
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I think it looks totally rad for sure. Wish I could get the vfg also but this will do.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here, ordered on the 9th and its still pending.  They did charge my card already.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Same
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I grabbed this guy today for $1603 shipped. No tax. No CC fee. From family firearms. That puts me at $1403 after rebate w/ 2 mags, the sling, the case, the optic mount. Never owned a HK so I’m pretty excited.

https://i.ibb.co/bbsMmyR/7-C59-A7-A0-6-E36-45-C5-BA61-20-BE4061-AEFB.png
View Quote

Picked this up today. Shot 50rnds of no name 124gr over lunch. This thing is a laser.

Tried mounting the optic rail tonight and was wildly unsuccessful. The thing is a total piece of shit. I’ll be contacting the dealer/century for a total replacement.

Fit and function of the gun is excellent. This is my first time shooting a MP5.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered Friday morning from Family Firearms and picked up at the FFL about an hour ago. Initial impressions are fantastic. It’s actually got a pretty decent trigger. I was surprised it came in a hard case, I thought that was something they cut out to lower the price. $1191 shipped including 12 or so bucks for insurance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#19]
My item # is HG6034A-N. It looks like the closest item number eligible for rebate is HG6034-N, minus the "A".

It would appear this is definitely not eligible for the rebate. I'm tempted to send it all in and let them tell me no though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#22]
ATLANTIC-FIREARMS,

It looks like the reserve order for the AP5 CORE has been removed from your site, and none are in stock.  Do you anticipate getting more at the $1,179 price?

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#23]
My core AP5 w/Brace was purchased on the 6th and I received shipping confirmation/tracking this morning. Yay..!  

Been buying goodies for it since the day I ordered it. There's so much shit waiting for that sum-bish, it's not even funny...
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My core AP5 w/Brace was purchased on the 6th and I received shipping confirmation/tracking this morning. Yay..!  

Been buying goodies for it since the day I ordered it. There's so much shit waiting for that sum-bish, it's not even funny...
View Quote

got tracking for mine today as well!
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ATLANTIC-FIREARMS,

It looks like the reserve order for the AP5 CORE has been removed from your site, and none are in stock.  Do you anticipate getting more at the $1,179 price?

View Quote

I still see reserve orders available at 1179.

The Atlantic site is a little funky to get to MKE.  I have to select Uzi&mac10, then I have to reselect it to get to MKE options.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I still see reserve orders available at 1179.

The Atlantic site is a little funky to get to MKE.  I have to select Uzi&mac10, then I have to reselect it to get to MKE options.
View Quote

They're shown there , but the reserve order for the Core AP5 and AP-M are "out of stock".  I assume they sold all out of their first inbound order and need to reset the reserve "inventory" after they have an idea of how many is on their next load and when to expect it.

I ordered a standard Core AP5 about 2 weeks ago, the first day they offered the reserves.  Took exactly one week to ship and I picked it up Monday.  I had a bunch of parts waiting for it so it looks a bit different now.  Just waiting for the Form 1 to add a stock.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Got a AP5 core reserved today from Atlantic. Watched a ton of videos on YT and it looks like a solid built pistol. I'll switch out for a wide handguard and might SBR it for a ump style stock.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#29]

As someone new to these, what brace is that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

As someone new to these, what brace is that?
View Quote
It's a Tailhook brace on a B&T made telescoping part.

https://bt-parts.com/bt-200602-b-t-brace-telescopic-for-hk-sp5k-us-version/
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks. Looking forward to getting mine, price is too good to miss on these.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree. I wanted to buy a HK but it's hard to justify that much when I think we're coming close with MKE. I'll take the saving's and buy more guns and ammo. It should scratch that itch so to speak.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#33]
It's by far the best brace one the market in my opinion.   It's very expensive, its robust as hell, it's badass.....its b&t.  A big plus is that it doesnt add width to the gun.  The only other brace i actually like is the folding one from gearhead works.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got my AP5 in from Family Firearms.  Very nice fit and finish, haven't shot it yet, but my Octane 9 can won't fit on the 3 lug.  Looks like the diamater between the threads and the lugs is larger than the can, will need to get it fixed.
View Quote
Update to this.  Swapped out my old Silencero 3 Lug mount to the new Silencero low profile mount, it fit with no problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Is anyone shooting Speer gold dot through their AP5? Any issues with it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#36]
AP5-P on the way from Battlehawk Armory................$1,133.53 delivered plus $15 FFL fee.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Dahlonegha Armory has the AP5 for $1095 plus 29 shipping.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dahlonegha Armory has the AP5 for $1095 plus 29 shipping.
View Quote

OOS
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OOS
View Quote
Wow...  that was fast.    I ordered one earlier this morning from them and they weren't OOS after I ordered.

I wonder if this is the new going rate for the MKE's, or if they are just pumping them out at a price that will sell quickly for guns that they already had made, and will soon cease making them and importing them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wonder if this is the new going rate for the MKE's, or if they are just pumping them out at a price that will sell quickly for guns that they already had made, and will soon cease making them and importing them.
View Quote
If they were planning to stop, Century wouldn't be talking about importing the G3 and HK33k clones from MKE.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If they were planning to stop, Century wouldn't be talking about importing the G3 and HK33k clones from MKE.
View Quote
Good point.  I wonder why they dropped the price.  Clearly, they were still selling well when they were 1600-1700.  Though the Zenith name attached to them over Century (even though both ate MKE) is probably worth a small premium to some.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good point.  I wonder why they dropped the price.  Clearly, they were still selling well when they were 1600-1700.  Though the Zenith name attached to them over Century (even though both ate MKE) is probably worth a small premium to some.
View Quote

You can still buy the ones for $1500, the core series just doesn't cime with all the extra stuff you probably dont want anyway
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You can still buy the ones for $1500, the core series just doesn't cime with all the extra stuff you probably dont want anyway
View Quote
The ones were referring to are about $1600 - and to my knowledge, the only "extras" they have are a cleaning kit, an extra magazine (two total instead of one), a flash hider, a sling and a scope mount.  At best, we're talking about $150 in "extras" - not the $500+ price disparity.

$1095.73    versus   $1606.24
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The ones were referring to are about $1600 - and to my knowledge, the only "extras" they have are a cleaning kit, an extra magazine (two total instead of one), a flash hider, a sling and a scope mount.  At best, we're talking about $150 in "extras" - not the $500+ price disparity.

$1095.73    versus   $1606.24
View Quote

I know which ones you're talking about because i bought one last year from battlehawk.  It was $1603.  As far as i know the differences are one mag instead if 3, no cleaning kit, flash hider and no sling. The flash hider alone is about $100

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know which ones you're talking about because i bought one last year from battlehawk.  It was $1603.  As far as i know the differences are one mag instead if 3, no cleaning kit, flash hider and no sling. The flash hider alone is about $100

View Quote
The "full kit" ones come with 2 mags now, as imported by Century (I bought one from Atlantic a few months ago - plus, the description says the "full kit" ones have 2 mags).  When Zenith imported them several years ago, they came with 3 mags (I also bought one from Atlantic several years ago).

That said, even if you say it's $200 in "extras", the bottom line is that there is a $500+ difference in the two versions...  still a $300 price disparity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The "full kit" ones come with 2 mags now, as imported by Century (I bought one from Atlantic a few months ago - plus, the description says the "full kit" ones have 2 mags).  When Zenith imported them several years ago, they came with 3 mags (I also bought one from Atlantic several years ago).

That said, even if you say it's $200 in "extras", the bottom line is that there is a $500+ difference in the two versions...  still a $300 price disparity.
View Quote

My full kit AP5-P was $1375 AFTER rebate.  Much closer in value.   I like having the extras.  

But I agree its likely cheaper to independently source the extras.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of it could be due to the current Turkish economic crisis.  With the June inflation rate being around 80%, I wouldn't be surprised if cash was wanted to purchase raw materials at current prices.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats weird, my gun is imported by century not zenith and it came with 3 mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thats weird, my gun is imported by century not zenith and it came with 3 mags.
View Quote

My Zenith AP5 from Atlantic that I bought several years ago came with 3 mags (also the cleaning kit, sling, scope mount, hard case - but no flash hider).  That one was around $1700 or so, going by memory.

The Century AP5-P I bought from Atlantic several months ago came with 2 mags, the cleaning kit, sling, scope mount, and flash hider and I paid ~$1600, and got a $300 rebate, so about $1300.

The Century AP5 I bought most recently from Dahlonega Armory only came with one mag and no extras and was $1100.

Hope Atlantic isn't skimming the 3rd magazine (I very much doubt they are).  
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My Zenith AP5 from Atlantic that I bought several years ago came with 3 mags (also the cleaning kit, sling, scope mount, hard case - but no flash hider).  That one was around $1700 or so, going by memory.

The Century AP5-P I bought from Atlantic several months ago came with 2 mags, the cleaning kit, sling, scope mount, and flash hider and I paid ~$1600, and got a $300 rebate, so about $1300.

The Century AP5 I bought most recently from Dahlonega Armory only came with one mag and no extras and was $1100.

Hope Atlantic isn't skimming the 3rd magazine (I very much doubt they are).  
View Quote

Lol i doubt it.  The optic mount is the other thing the core series doesn't come with.  I feel like people are confused and they are all around the $1200 mark now.   You can get the full kit or the core series
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top