Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Family added the AP5-P a bit after the full size, just bought one. $1199 shipped.
View Quote

yep bought one as well.  its a hell of price
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw this thread in GD. I can’t find any AP5 in stock for that price.

ETA battlehawk has them now. Snagged an M for $1133 shipped
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Aside from the massive price difference, how does this compare to the SP5? Any regrets going with one of these rather than saving my Pennie’s for a while longer and going with the HK?
View Quote

The mag well and rear sight welds are cleaner on my AP5-P than my SP5.  Front trunion is better on the SP5 and the mag well is tighter.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an MKE MP5 clone.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
These only come with one mag and probably don't include the flash hider or the optics mount.  May want to verify what all is included so you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The mag well and rear sight welds are cleaner on my AP5-P than my SP5.  Front trunion is better on the SP5 and the mag well is tighter.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an MKE MP5 clone.
View Quote

For the price some are charging for an SP5 you could almost get all 3 MKE models.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If someone (like me) starts out with nothing and bought the package deal, it's actually better value than the current offerings:

Below numbers do not include extra fees/shipping (similar in value):

A: I bought the AP5-P with brace and SMS Optic/mount deal for $1742
With the $200 rebate (yes, gotta do some work and waiting) = $1542

B: Current AP5-P with brace = $1280 (atlanticfirearms.com)

Difference of $262 but with the following extras:

1. SMS optic/mount combo
2. extra magazine
3. Factory rail mount
4. Flash hider
5. case/cleaning kit/sling (don't have to count these)

All the above extras for $262 is a pretty good deal.  However, I am going to be picking up the AP5 for $1180 for sure.

Yg
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Who has the AP5 P in stock?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
No one, I’d put an in stock alert at battlehawk. I’m sure they will get more.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who has the AP5 P in stock?
View Quote

Atlantic is ready to drop the AP5 and AP5 P at $1179 and with a brace $1279.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/search/?q=AP5+&qt=all_words

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#10]
The Atlantic CORE model prices are great.  You don't need the rail, FH (although cool looking), or cleaning kit IMHO.  Pick up a few AC Unity mags are you GTG.

Century Arms AP5 CORE Pistols at Atlantic Firearms
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep just seen the email from them saying they are instock. Ordered the AP5 P
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I missed this round but on the email list.  I suppose a real K vs reverse stretch would round out the collection.

The M is rather cool in that it has no muzzle threads or lug, just like the real HK but then no suppressor use and I have a 3 lug but use them on the other two.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:37:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Boy do I wish they made an SD model, or an A3 stock.

...or more of the 556 models.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The M is rather cool in that it has no muzzle threads or lug, just like the real HK but then no suppressor use and I have a 3 lug but use them on the other two.
View Quote

Not everything needs a suppressor.  MP5K's are cool.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blasphemy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:09:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are cooler “with” a suppressor

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#17]
How much of a pain will it be to get an optic rail on one of these and what’s the usual cost?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How much of a pain will it be to get an optic rail on one of these and what’s the usual cost?
View Quote

Plenty of low profile mounts to chose from that don't cost that much. A UTG is under $20 at Apex https://www.apexgunparts.com/utg-mp5-bi-directional-picatinny-mount-low-profile-new.html4

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Can the AP5 M be suppressed?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#21]
My AP5-P from this sale batch shipped today.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

Well not without a barrel replacement at least...
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought the full-size today

And a obsidian 9

My wallet and wife are both pissed
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bought the full-size today

And a obsidian 9

My wallet and wife are both pissed
View Quote
Link please?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#27]
You all have cost me some money today. Picked up the full size AP5 with brace and 2 extra mags. Really wanted the P but reading reviews it looks like some have to swap the locking piece if running suppressed. Just picked up my Obsidian 9 so ready to try it out on it. I’ve never messed with the MP5 platform so hoping it’s as good as everyone says. If so I guess my Stribog will be up for sale soon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Link please?
View Quote

https://atlanticfirearms.com/mke-ap5?criteria%5Bavailability%5D=&sorting%5Bprice%5D=asc

It’s a reserve order for a shipment Atlantic is expecting in 7-14 days.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Just purchased an AP5-P… Hard to pass up at those prices.  I plan to utilize my AAC TiRant 9S on this full time and I’ll likely SBR it.  

Question is to keep it “original” looking with the side folding HK stock and front grip or make it a little more functional with a Dakota Tactical forend and a different stock?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Question is to keep it "original" looking with the side folding HK stock and front grip or make it a little more functional with a Dakota Tactical forend and a different stock?
View Quote
I really like the B&T side folders. They're comfy like an A2 stock and much lighter than the Choate folder.
I run the classic HK polymer VFGs on my K guns.

I also use a Ti-Rant 9S with the AAC 3-lug adapter and it's great.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
So I have an SP5 and I'm wanting an SP5K-PDW but at 1/3 the price, I think I'm going to have to fo on an AP5-P

I'm not crazy about the SEF lower. Are these push pin or clipped and pinned lowers? Is there a straight grip/pictogram Navy style lower that will swap out with these without getting a new trigger pack?

ETA - is this the new "standard" pricing (for the time being anyway) or is this a limited time only price?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So I have an SP5 and I'm wanting an SP5K-PDW but at 1/3 the price, I think I'm going to have to fo on an AP5-P

I'm not crazy about the SEF lower. Are these push pin or clipped and pinned lowers? Is there a straight grip/pictogram Navy style lower that will swap out with these without getting a new trigger pack?

ETA - is this the new "standard" pricing (for the time being anyway) or is this a limited time only price?
View Quote

They are push pin housings.......

If you want a pictogram/ambi  housing, you'll have to change your trigger pack.

A "navy" housing is not a pictogram/ambi housing ...... it's essentially a straight grip S-E-F housing, and will accept the MKE trigger pack. Easy to make from one of the G3 housings currently on the market
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes.

A "navy" housing is not a pictogram/ambi housing
A "Navy" housing is part of the Navy trigger group, as seen below. These are all ambi, pictogram, and lack a burst mode. They were designed for the US Navy (who didn't want burst, but wanted an ambidextrous grip).

Attachment Attached File

Since it uses an ambi trigger pack (and ambi selectors), your MKE pack won't work inside it.

it's essentially a straight grip S-E-F housing, and will accept the MKE trigger pack. Easy to make from one of the G3 housings currently on the market
What's being described here is a G3 polymer SEF trigger group, which many people call "Navy style" because the grip/housing is ambidextrous like the Navy housing (as well as the ambi burst housings) and it also has 3 positions like a Navy trigger group, but it's not a Navy housing because it uses a standard polymer SEF selector (single-sided) which is exactly the same selector your MKE trigger group has in it.

Attachment Attached File

They can be modified to work with MP5s or any of the legacy HK RDB guns, so they're often sold that way. The original G3 unmodified units are relatively inexpensive (about $90) and you can modify one with a Dremel (other than the ejector swap). The .308 hammer spring is stronger than a 9mm hammer spring, but it can be swapped (or shortened and stretched, to weaken it).

You'd just need the housing though, since your MKE trigger pack and selector will go right in.
You don't want a "clipped & pinned" one since your MKE has a push pin receiver.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#36]
does anyone know if the magpul lower will fit the fullsize ap5?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. Several are currently utilizing that setup.

Example

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Example

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example

^ Beat me to it

Of course I'm not considering getting an K version now too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I grabbed this guy today for $1603 shipped. No tax. No CC fee. From family firearms. That puts me at $1403 after rebate w/ 2 mags, the sling, the case, the optic mount. Never owned a HK so I’m pretty excited.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#40]
AP5M for $1082 and AP5P for $1125 at battlehawk.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Can the AP5 be converted into an SD?  I already have the ported barrel, suppressor, and handguard.  Wondering if the juice would be worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my AP5 in from Family Firearms.  Very nice fit and finish, haven't shot it yet, but my Octane 9 can won't fit on the 3 lug.  Looks like the diamater between the threads and the lugs is larger than the can, will need to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Got my AP5 in from Family Firearms.  Very nice fit and finish, haven't shot it yet, but my Octane 9 can won't fit on the 3 lug.  Looks like the diamater between the threads and the lugs is larger than the can, will need to get it fixed.
View Quote

My SilencerCo Omega 9k fits my Ap5-p perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:02:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My SilencerCo Omega 9k fits my Ap5-p perfectly.
View Quote

Same setup fits as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#45]
What reliable off the shelf ammo are y’all using?  I’m having a hard time finding 124gr +p FMJ stuff.  I found some Sig 9mm but I’ve never used it before.  Any reviews of it through these HK clones?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Just ordered an AP5 at battlehawk for $1113.58 plus shipping.  Can't resist with that price. Go get them.

Yg
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What reliable off the shelf ammo are y’all using?  I’m having a hard time finding 124gr +p FMJ stuff.  I found some Sig 9mm but I’ve never used it before.  Any reviews of it through these HK clones?
View Quote

I’ve been running MAXXTECH
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't gotten any yet but I would imagine the MKE NATO 124gr would work pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I haven't gotten any yet but I would imagine the MKE NATO 124gr would work pretty well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What reliable off the shelf ammo are y'all using?  I'm having a hard time finding 124gr +p FMJ stuff.  I found some Sig 9mm but I've never used it before.  Any reviews of it through these HK clones?

You don't need +p technically, try NATO spec like the MKE mentioned. It's good ammo

Here's a good price for 1000 rounds of 124gr NATO spec MKE ammo. This is the ammo I generally use if I can't get Winchester.

I've purchased from them before with no issues.

Rivertown Munitions
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I ordered a full-size today. I think I ave a bunch of the strait mags in a box somewhere.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top