Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eodinert:
It's cooler without it
View Quote

Agreed... the mp5 series is so beautiful without any optic.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
@Aphex, how long did your SBR paperwork take?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#4]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
So happy of how it came out I bought another one (all real German parts)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50661249948_2fe206a9ef_h.jpgHK G36 in .22LR by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

You've done an awesome job on them, kudos!  But my wallet screams in terror when you say all real German parts. Dual optic and IDZ stock, ouch ouch ouch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Aphex:
@luv_the_huskers

30 days via efile Form 1. Still waiting on the suppressor Form 1 to clear the "pending research" stage though.
View Quote

I am at 23 calendar days right now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hidesite] [#7]
PTR9CT
B&T Folder
SEF Lower C&P w/Magpul ESK
Griffin REV9 with 3-lug
Aimpoint Comp M
VTAC Sling
Surefire Scout on Magpul handguard
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Good looking clones on the last few pages - Keep'em coming...

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my eForm 1 approvals back last week and took care of engraving yesterday:

Switched the KAC panels for the skinnier ladder covers on the PTR-9.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

You've done an awesome job on them, kudos!  But my wallet screams in terror when you say all real German parts. Dual optic and IDZ stock, ouch ouch ouch.
View Quote
It's as such,

BUT, we can always sell those parts individually - bought second hand all of it so it's almost as a small investment. Love it!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:13:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#11]
... in fact (and I am adding, hence not an edit to the previous post of mine) here comes G36 number 3: another HK by Walther G36 in .22LR
On this one I had the barrel cut, pinned and welded; more German parts (stock G36C, shorter; forend, Hensoldt dual optic with 1.5x magnification - the other one is 3x), sling (very cool vintage web sling) and various other parts including the loop-screw on the other side that holds front side of sling).

Man, I love these. In .22LR, can shoot them all day; they look like the real deal at a fraction of the cost. The Walther (tactical) .22LR firearms are all out of production, hence they are officially collectibles; there's value. Especially in current times where and when you do not want to shoot costlier calibers

HK G36 .22LR by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I just added another .22LR "clone" (hoping it could be considered as such by our fellow ARFcommers on this aspect).
As the two previous ones, this is an H&K licensed clone built by Walther in Germany.

These are pretty close to the real counterparts to the point that they accept some of the real parts (forends, for example)

All Walther "tactical" .22LR firearms have recently been discontinued and are out of stock anywhere. I was lucky to find this new old stock by a fellow ARFcommer who I thank infinitely and indefinitely (Tony you know who this is when you see this, if you see it)

Merry Christmas!

HK MP5 .22LR by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
PTR9KTs in stock at Atlantic if anyone is looking.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/ptr-9kt-pistol-ptr-603
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
View Quote
24 days to be exact
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By morpheus6d9:
24 days to be exact
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By morpheus6d9:
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
24 days to be exact

Mine was 30 on the nose.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Precisely how much length did the muzzle brake add to the overall length of your PTR? Illinois has a 26” OAL rule and I’m chasing that with a K. Thanks

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/ptr9_sbr.jpeg

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/shadow_sbr.jpeg

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#17]
Originally Posted By Druwzfostr:

Precisely how much length did the muzzle brake add to the overall length of your PTR? Illinois has a 26” OAL rule and I’m chasing that with a K. Thanks

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Druwzfostr:

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/ptr9_sbr.jpeg

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/shadow_sbr.jpeg

It's a QD mount, so does it count for OAL?  (Speaking from the perspective of 16" minimum barrel lengths needing perm-attach devices to hit 16 inches.)  I'd guess it adds a hair under 2" to length but that's just eyeballing it.  

I'll try to update this post later today with a more exact measurement when my kids aren't hovering outside my office door.

ETA - It is exactly 2" added to OAL.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balloo] [#18]
Dragged mine out to prep for a range trip this Sun morning.  I know putting a sig brace on a MP5 clone may be a faux pas, but I was curious to know what a 1913 brace on the 9KT would be like and one was on the EE at the right price so...  I do have a brace setup like the CT for the KT though I may go back to that setup.

Any way, Merry Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:30:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#19]
Originally Posted By balloo93:
Dragged mine out to prep for a range trip this Sun morning.  I know putting a sig brace on a MP5 clone may be a faux pas, but I was curious to know what a 1913 brace on the 9KT would be like and one was on the EE at the right price so...  I do have a brace setup like the CT for the KT though I may go back to that setup.

https://i.imgur.com/n70bfcF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kftVk6w.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UPT5xjJ.jpg

Any way, Merry Christmas!

View Quote

Those look great!

Updated mine a bit - I get bored easily...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#21]

That thing is pretty sweet

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Took out the PTR 9CT again yesterday. Flawless function yet again. At this point, it probably has around 700-800 rounds through it without any failures. Mostly 115gr, but a little 147 and 154 too. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I run it with an Omega 9K and it's impossible to not smile after shooting it. For anyone looking for a clone, buy with confidence.

Probably going to mount up an Eotech soon, need to figure out what sling to get to use with the A2 stock and the Mlok rail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
Took out the PTR 9CT again yesterday. Flawless function yet again. At this point, it probably has around 700-800 rounds through it without any failures. Mostly 115gr, but a little 147 and 154 too. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I run it with an Omega 9K and it's impossible to not smile after shooting it. For anyone looking for a clone, buy with confidence.

Probably going to mount up an Eotech soon, need to figure out what sling to get to use with the A2 stock and the Mlok rail.
View Quote

Excellent!

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Nice! How's it shoot? Was toying with a similar build.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TW52:

Nice! How's it shoot? Was toying with a similar build.
View Quote
Shoots really well, both suppressed and unsuppressed.  Has a bit more kick than my other 7.62x51 battle rifles, but that's just how the platform is, I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Century C308..added a carry handle, red dot, wide handguard and some rattle can.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I decided I needed a more tactical Mp5
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Metzger31:
Century C308..added a carry handle, red dot, wide handguard and some rattle can.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/460949/20210117_151606_jpg-1783778.JPG
View Quote

Nice!

Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
I decided I needed a more tactical Mp5
https://i.imgur.com/MajUQ88.jpg
View Quote

And nice!

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Finally got what I think is the perfect MP5 set up (especially for NV use)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Finally got what I think is the perfect MP5 set up (especially for NV use)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184365/DF3C2376-7E83-4676-BD7A-431615604487_jpe-1796009.JPG
View Quote
I like it. Can we get a pic front the front?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
I like it. Can we get a pic front the front?
View Quote
I'll snap one tmw night. The light tucks in nice and tight (at least the tightest option I have tried or seen), and I can activate the momentary lever using the thumb over the top.

I hate on the Midwest rail how anything you hang off it seems to stick WAAY out. An OTAL laser looked terrible it stuck out so far, and still lacked white and IR light. This light has white and IR ilium/laser all in one for a great price ($300ish)
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Looks great!

How do you like the VCOG on it? What do you get for groups?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:34:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: artimus009] [#34]
Love my PTR9KT. Suppressed and unsuppressed, it doesn’t matter...runs like a sewing machine.

Here’s the list of goodies-

-Sig folding stock for MPX/MCX
-A3 Tactical grip
-Midwest rail
-Magpul safety
-SRO on a trijicon mount
-Got rid of the rear sight for the proper round one.
-Can’t remember if I got +8 or -8 rollers because I had to stone the locking piece for suppressor/stock using wouldn’t fit and the bolt gap was out of spec. (I could have sent it in but didn’t want to ship it out).
-I need a shorter can...something like an R9. The tirant 45 and resistance 9 are too long. It needs a K can.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#35]
C93p and I love it.  I also dig that the stamp turned around in 32 days

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Looks great!

How do you like the VCOG on it? What do you get for groups?
View Quote

I like the vcog this is the third rifle it’s been on and probably the one it will stay on. The only cons for it are weight she’s a heavy girl, price, and battery life. The battery life for the reticle isn’t something you’d just leave on like a red dot. It has off settings between each adjustment though which helps make up for that.

As for them paired unfortunately, young baby, + work, + rona bullshit, + current ammo shortage. I haven’t even had a chance to zero it yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I purchased a ptr 9kt and it is being shipped to my lgs. I thought about cutting off the top 1913 scope rail and having someone weld on h&k scope tab. Iam just curious is it worth doin.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By crazyjack:
I purchased a ptr 9kt and it is being shipped to my lgs. I thought about cutting off the top 1913 scope rail and having someone weld on h&k scope tab. Iam just curious is it worth doin.
View Quote

Congrats! I love my PTRs and I'm sure you will too... With that said, cutting off the top rail would probably be more of a hassle than it's worth.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:13:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: crazyjack] [#39]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Congrats! I love my PTRs and I'm sure you will too... With that said, cutting off the top rail would probably be more of a hassle than it's worth.

View Quote

apprec it. hopefully I will like it. true on the rail but Iam undecided right now. I also already purchased the 80 degree locking piece and puttin my wolfman on it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#40]
Pretty sure this is my Zenith's final form.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#41]
My PTR 9CT arrives at my FFL Wednesday. My KAC rail arrived here tomorrow. My SB brace hasn't shipped yet. Bought an Olight mini to throw on for the time being. Probably run with no optic for a while as my wallet took a major hit from this and building a URX II SR16 clone at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By crazyjack:

apprec it. hopefully I will like it. true on the rail but Iam undecided right now. I also already purchased the 80 degree locking piece and puttin my wolfman on it.
View Quote

It is an awesome little gun to shoot suppressed. I let my son shoot it suppressed after shooting unsuppressed and you could not remove the grin off of his face.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#43]

And so another project starts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

What are your plans for it?

I'm finding myself obsessed with these rifles right now for some reason, have another on order, thinking an AK4D clone or some sort of DMR-ish project
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:23:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#45]

What are your plans for it?

I'm finding myself obsessed with these rifles right now for some reason, have another on order, thinking an AK4D clone or some sort of DMR-ish project
View Quote

This one I plan on pretty much setting up as arms room Bundeswehr G3.
ETA: already switched out the rear sight windage screw. Looking at getting a grenade ring fitted to the sight tree, and waiting on the bayonet adapter to get in. May switch out the grip module for a spare Navy grip I've got laying around but I may keep the steel module on just to keep it as close to a plain G3 as I can.
Speaking of AK4, I'm looking at setting up my GIR as an AK4C or D. Not sure if I want to go with the slim hand guard or the Spuhr one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

This one I plan on pretty much setting up as arms room Bundeswehr G3.
ETA: already switched out the rear sight windage screw. Looking at getting a grenade ring fitted to the sight tree, and waiting on the bayonet adapter to get in. May switch out the grip module for a spare Navy grip I've got laying around but I may keep the steel module on just to keep it as close to a plain G3 as I can.
Speaking of AK4, I'm looking at setting up my GIR as an AK4C or D. Not sure if I want to go with the slim hand guard or the Spuhr one.
View Quote

Nice. I have that one checked off.

I was thinking of getting another GI and getting the ARS Rhodesian paint set and doing a Bush war clone.

I was torn on handguard as well for the AK4, decided on going with the Spuhr as I'll probably add a light. I've also seen some cool looking DMRish AK4D's. Maybe another idea.

These things are addicting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#47]

I was thinking of getting another GI and getting the ARS Rhodesian paint set and doing a Bush war clone.
View All Quotes

Bueno. I considered doing one like that as well.

I was torn on handguard as well for the AK4, decided on going with the Spuhr as I'll probably add a light. I've also seen some cool looking DMRish AK4D's. Maybe another idea.

These things are addicting.

If I went with the rail it would be for a light and possibly a pod.
And yes they are. Less than 2 years ago I had no 91s. I now have 3 variants and am not ruling out a 4th. Plus a 9KT/MP5K clone.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

just picked her up from the FFL. New KAC rail will be here tomorrow, and who knows when my brace will be here. Can't wait to shoot this and thinking about going ahead and grabbing the K model for good measure. Still wish Zenith or someone would make a good 93 pistol clone.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90543/5F9FA31F-45B1-41F7-9E98-09CE4588C9C2_png-1838572.JPG

just picked her up from the FFL. New KAC rail will be here tomorrow, and who knows when my brace will be here. Can't wait to shoot this and thinking about going ahead and grabbing the K model for good measure. Still wish Zenith or someone would make a good 93 pistol clone.
View Quote

You'll be very happy, mine has been absolutely awesome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90543/5F9FA31F-45B1-41F7-9E98-09CE4588C9C2_png-1838572.JPG

Thank you. Brace arrived and light. Waiting on rail and HK mags. Placeholder lol...and that brace required some...massaging aka some files had to be brought out.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top