Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chase45:

Lol!

But no its also still reliable for the picto. It just took more finesse than dropping it in the SEF for me. Ive seen several others comment on a similar complaint on a MP5 FB group, which is actually where I found the 'fix' too. Like I said theres maybe a half or quarter turn between the binary function checking and also being able to install the lower on the gun with my picto.

Yes you can do that. However the way the binary is set up with the screws on the selector its kind of a bitch to swap back and forth to stuff. Just little parts to lose in the field kinda thing. I really wish they had done up the selector in a different manner but it is what it is.
View Quote

I think I may have worded the question wrong. What I'm asking is if I install the BFS in a 3 position lower, can the entire lower be swapped out between an SP5K and an Sp5, so that I can use a single BFS in both the Sp5 and the Sp5k?  The Sp5 has the paddle and the SP5K does not, so that's where I am confused.  I am completely new to the Sp5 platform and wet behind the ears.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:

I think I may have worded the question wrong. What I'm asking is if I install the BFS in a 3 position lower, can the entire lower be swapped out between an SP5K and an Sp5, so that I can use a single BFS in both the Sp5 and the Sp5k?  The Sp5 has the paddle and the SP5K does not, so that's where I am confused.  I am completely new to the Sp5 platform and wet behind the ears. 
View Quote

The SP5 and the SP5K use different trigger housing. You can't swap them between each other. You can swap the trigger packs themselves.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:

The SP5 and the SP5K use different trigger housing. You can't swap them between each other. You can swap the trigger packs themselves.
View Quote

Now the response makes a lot more sense. That surprises me a little. I don't know why I assumed they'd be identical. Probably for the amazing convenience that would provide, but then I remembered. It's HK, they hate us. :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The K gun uses a shorter trigger housing. That’s how the K gun saves length. It’s not that HK hates you...this time!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember reading that the screws or some other small parts on the Franklin are poor quality; which parts might I anticipate replacing?  I have a couple applications for this and keep looking at them.

Will this fit in a steel S-E-F lower that was clipped and pinned?  (Did I ask this already?)
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember reading that the screws or some other small parts on the Franklin are poor quality; which parts might I anticipate replacing?  I have a couple applications for this and keep looking at them.

Will this fit in a steel S-E-F lower that was clipped and pinned?  (Did I ask this already?)
View Quote
I've only put about 7-800 rounds through mine with no issues that I can see. Take that for what its worth... that is not a lot. I don't remember seeing anything regarding poor quality small parts. Maybe @chase45 can answer this better? I think he has put a ton of rounds on his.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Something around 1.5k through my BFS trigger pack...I wouldn't say the screws are "poor quality", but they'll start to un-thread if you don't use a threadlocker. It's a very small screw so there just isn't much bearing surface to secure it solely with torque.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top