Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that why the site now says agency sales only?
View Quote

Don't know.

I just went and looked at their webpage, they've changed it since I ordered, and it doesn't show HK as having any first responder discount now. It was pretty much the same eligibility as Aimpoint listed.

It may be due to the beeraids and the (from what I've read) the HK factory being shut down in Germany right now.

I wish they would just allow HK USA to start up production of the SP5 and SP5K. It would eliminate the need for 922r parts too.

As far as I know, my order is still in (retired military qualified) and my money hasn't been refunded.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Understood.  I wish H&K had a Law Enforcement discount for the SP5.
View Quote

You can get $150 credit for the HK webshop with purchase.  It is something and they respond pretty fast.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Don't know.

I just went and looked at their webpage, they've changed it since I ordered, and it doesn't show HK as having any first responder discount now. It was pretty much the same eligibility as Aimpoint listed.

It may be due to the beeraids and the (from what I've read) the HK factory being shut down in Germany right now.

I wish they would just allow HK USA to start up production of the SP5 and SP5K. It would eliminate the need for 922r parts too.

As far as I know, my order is still in (retired military qualified) and my money hasn't been refunded.

View Quote

I think (cross fingers) that you should be ok.  I just waited too long and was unaware of the change until after I submitted my order.  The rep that I talked to was very nice and I believe they made the change because they could not meet the demand for the SP5 due to the reasons you already mentioned.  I will just wait until either they eventually ramp up their manufacturing after the German facilities are back up or another U.S. based merchant has them for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it looks like another run is going on for these right now so my SP5 plans will have to be on hold for maybe a year or so.  I've bid on several on GB this week and just when it looks like I might sneak one through at 2600-2700 a flurry of bids bust through and it sells for 2900+
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
There’s 1 seller offering them with Buy Now at $2925 plus ship and CC fees, if you charge it.

I’d get one but till the market picks up I’m not feeling good about more gun purchases.??
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There’s 1 seller offering them with Buy Now at $2925 plus ship and CC fees, if you charge it.

I’d get one but till the market picks up I’m not feeling good about more gun purchases.??
View Quote

There are two at 2950 all inclusive buy now.  Maybe if I get desperate.

I've never paid over MSRP for anything in my life.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, it looks like another run is going on for these right now so my SP5 plans will have to be on hold for maybe a year or so.  I've bid on several on GB this week and just when it looks like I might sneak one through at 2600-2700 a flurry of bids bust through and it sells for 2900+
View Quote

I'm with you. Hopefully by the end of the year I can grab one at a decent price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yesterday Gary's Gun Shop in Sioux Falls SD had 1 @ $2999.  I was thinking about picking it up to have a 2nd.
View Quote

And I just put it on layaway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You can get $150 credit for the HK webshop with purchase.  It is something and they respond pretty fast.
View Quote

Thanks to you I realized they re-instated it for 2020. I bought a VP9 last month.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do you need to qualify for this is an LE credit for just for buying an SP5?

I just scored an SP5 for MSRP (2699) but after taxes it was the same as if I bought one of the ones on GB for 2900.

I already have mags coming (Midway actually had real MP5 mags on sale) and the correct rear sight drum.  I just need to find a B&T side folder and then get my eForm 1 going as soon as I get it in my hands.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What do you need to qualify for this is an LE credit for just for buying an SP5?

I just scored an SP5 for MSRP (2699) but after taxes it was the same as if I bought one of the ones on GB for 2900.

I already have mags coming (Midway actually had real MP5 mags on sale) and the correct rear sight drum.  I just need to find a B&T side folder and then get my eForm 1 going as soon as I get it in my hands.
View Quote

Hk Officer Program

Receipt and Credentials
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The cheaper option is to wait. But realistically it will be a year or so before they drop below MSRP. And that's assuming they import enough to even meet market demand. Just look how at how high SP5K prices remained. And that was a less desireable gun
View Quote

Not to be argumentative, but the SP5K being "less desirable" is a subjective thing. I only mention this as I read your post before securing a full size SP5 (I've had the K a few months) and I like the K more. Not just a little, but a lot. It's lighter, maneuvers in the house in the dark much easier without smacking the barrel into doorways, the supplied rail holds a QD MRO that whips off allowing full use of the irons while also co-witnessing (I don't even need to turn on the MRO and I can be pretty darn accurate).

The extra length of the barrel in an SP5 is dead weight. It allows no appreciable faster velocity or accuracy with a 9mm pistol round. For that weight I can put a midwest Mlok handguard and TLR2 HL-G weapon light/green laser combo up front and I don't even need optics. Point and shoot.

Furthermore (sorry), While the MSRP on the SP5K is cheaper, good luck finding one at that price. I watched an FFL pay $3000 on GB last week. Their production is "limited" vs. the SP5 being a standard production item. Not that either means much in the supply/demand sense really, except that the market is currently flooded with SP5's, they're falling to MSRP, and one more shipment might see them considerably cheaper than you can hope to find an SP5K for.

I have a backyard range and have shot them both quite a bit. If I could only buy one, I'd absolutely by the K.

So just for the purpose of anyone on the fence between the two models, my one data point is that the K is NOT a "less desirable gun".
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]
No, he's correct the SP5K needed a lot of changes to be more like an MP5k which is why it met with limited interest

I hope an updated SP5K is re-released that is as correct as the SP5.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I would be interested in a correct SP5K, but as is with no 3 lug and the funky mag release, it's a hard pass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Adding a suppressor to an Sp5k imo isn’t something I’d ever do. I’ve never found the K guns to be as pleasant to shoot suppressed as a full sized.  Plus you’re adding a lot of length to a purpose built short gun. Also the locking piece will probably need a swap.

I really like the earlier Sp5k that allowed for the drop in paddle mag.

Something about pulling those nice new German barrels just doesn’t seem right
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got the first one I ordered in my hands.  Can't wait to get an approved form 1 back.  I'd swear the barrel was chrome lined despite everything I can find saying they aren't.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got the first one I ordered in my hands.  Can't wait to get an approved form 1 back.  I'd swear the barrel was chrome lined despite everything I can find saying they aren't.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453175/MP5-1366123.jpg
View Quote

They are. Where are you reading they aren’t?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nearly every link I click on when I Google sp5 or mp5 and Chrome lined.  Apparently it was even in the sp5 press release then removed, supposedly since it wasn't true.

But looking at the bore and chamber, it is.  Hkpro fails again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Primay Arms has them $2799 Here
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#22]
If anyone spots an SP5K @MSRP or lower, could you please post it or PM me?
I thought I had one but called first, and it wasn't in stock.
Their site was ready to take my C.C. tho.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent condition for $2600
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistols-sale/513636-wts-sp5-excellent-condition-2600-shipped-your-ffl.html

Not affiliated with seller, just an FYI.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arms Unlimited $2995
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Excellent condition for $2600
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistols-sale/513636-wts-sp5-excellent-condition-2600-shipped-your-ffl.html

Not affiliated with seller, just an FYI.
View Quote

No mags or case but it is still a pretty good deal
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't trust that listing. Person only has 3 posts. Only taking Zelle, which has no buyer protection. I know because I was scammed out of $450 through it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wouldn't trust that listing. Person only has 3 posts. Only taking Zelle, which has no buyer protection. I know because I was scammed out of $450 through it.
View Quote

I didnt catch the Zelle part.  I contacted him with what I thought was a reasonable off due to the gun coming with nothing but the gun it self, no mags, sight tool etc.  I was basically told to pound sand followed by him giving me advice on how to buy an HK firearm.  I ordered an apc9k with glock lower instead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered up a new SP5 off GB for MSRP (2799 per HK-USA’s webpage), but free shipping, no CC fees, and no state tax.  Not happy about paying MSRP, but my LGS could never get a hold of one, and I decided it was better to buy now rather than cry later.  All things considered, the price must have been OK since the GB dealer had 8 SP5s, and the listing was gone in less than 24 hours, which I take to mean that all sold.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

@cms81586

Well according to this thread someone even called HK and asked:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/509718-hk-sp5-barrel-question.html

And the answer is no.

Still looks chrome lined to me, I wouldn't be surprised if reps here could have bad information lost in translation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like it to me too. Either way...I’ll never shoot one out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Just got this in stock notifications this morning. $2628 plus $20 shipping.
I want to grab one but I'm going to hold off for now.

https://store.cornerstonearms.com/products/handguns-hk-81000477-642230259829-2530
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By rgb03:
Just got this in stock notifications this morning. $2628 plus $20 shipping.
I want to grab one but I'm going to hold off for now. 

https://store.cornerstonearms.com/products/handguns-hk-81000477-642230259829-2530
View Quote

@rgb03
That's a great price, why did you hold off?
Can't you afford it?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@rgb03
That's a great price, why did you hold off?
Can't you afford it?
View Quote
No I'm a poor lol.
Seriously though I was all caught up in the hype when these dropped and was holding off till I could grab one for around 2800. In the meantime I did a CMMG RDB build.
At this point the hype died off for me and I don't think the HKs are going to be gone anytime soon. So I figured I'd wait to see if I can get one cheaper.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You should've grabbed it for $2628. I paid $3050 for mine, and I would've paid $3500. I'm trying to spend under $3k for my next one, so if it wasn't out of stock now I would've grabbed it myself. Now the price is $2,082 - weird.

Originally Posted By willi3d:
Just ordered up a new SP5 off GB for MSRP (2799 per HK-USA’s webpage), but free shipping, no CC fees, and no state tax.  Not happy about paying MSRP, but my LGS could never get a hold of one, and I decided it was better to buy now rather than cry later.  All things considered, the price must have been OK since the GB dealer had 8 SP5s, and the listing was gone in less than 24 hours, which I take to mean that all sold.

Absolutely. When these show up at MSRP they are gone pretty quick. There are a lot of people willing to pay way over MSRP to get one or several. It's been 30 years since HK had new genuine MP5 pattern guns sold in the US, and a lot of folks know that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#35]
HK rear diopter are still rare as hens teeth... anyone have a lead?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Buy the US one from HKParts.  Works fine and is the same.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
HK rear diopter are still rare as hens teeth... anyone have a lead?
View Quote

no.... but in a pinch and for cheap you can use a rifle rear sight. Had no problem getting it sighted in and I drilled out the #2 hole a little bigger for a shorter sight radius.  The big v notch is pretty sweet with a red dot sight.  the other 2 elevation holes are probably useless but I dont care I never use them.  

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-G3-HK33-HK53-REAR-SIGHT-DRUM-NEW-GERMAN-118p6171.htm

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AK_Nightcrawler:
Buy the US one from HKParts.  Works fine and is the same.
View Quote

Shiny cheap blued finish and a compromised CC? No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone tried the Trijicon night iron sights?
Probably not cheap, but as backup on a K to a nice little light/laser would be a lighter weight "things that go bump in the night" 30 round gun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#40]
HK rear diopter are still rare as hens teeth... anyone have a lead?
View Quote

I'm in the same boat.  Need two as well as two B&T side folding stock setups.

I've found the "K" setup and some standalone stocks without adapters, but that's it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Shiny cheap blued finish and a compromised CC? No thanks.
View Quote

What? Looks the same quality and color as the factory one that was taken off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've found the "K" setup and some standalone stocks without adapters, but that's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@762AR25

B&T Side folder HERE.. But ya gonna pay...
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like a backorder to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#44]

What? Looks the same quality and color as the factory one that was taken off.
View All Quotes

Shiny cheap blued finish and a compromised CC? No thanks.

Starting to think that HKParts is Opticsplanet of the HK world.

I've bought plenty of parts from both and have never had a problem with either but people seem to love shitting on them for some reason.

Brand new, straight out of the package, US made drum from HKParts. All I did was wipe off the grease/oil/cosmoline that was on it. I didn't wipe the inside.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Shiny cheap blued finish and a compromised CC? No thanks.

My factory SP5 sight was flat and parkerized.  My HK Parts US drum is shiny and blued.  I wish it had the flat finish like the factory drum, but it is what it is.  With the factory MP5 diopter being very difficult to find currently, it’s still better than the castle sight.  Went out yesterday with the US sight, and it worked fine.  Does what it needs to do.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TheBigStink:

no.... but in a pinch and for cheap you can use a rifle rear sight. Had no problem getting it sighted in and I drilled out the #2 hole a little bigger for a shorter sight radius.  The big v notch is pretty sweet with a red dot sight.  the other 2 elevation holes are probably useless but I dont care I never use them.  

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-G3-HK33-HK53-REAR-SIGHT-DRUM-NEW-GERMAN-118p6171.htm

View Quote

What did you use to prevent rust on the bare metal from drilling?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:

What did you use to prevent rust on the bare metal from drilling?
View Quote

I wasn't worried about rust but I used a q tip and dabbed black spray paint around the peep.  More worried about it catching sunlight on a bright day.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Starting to think that HKParts is Opticsplanet of the HK world.

I've bought plenty of parts from both and have never had a problem with either but people seem to love shitting on them for some reason.

Brand new, straight out of the package, US made drum from HKParts. All I did was wipe off the grease/oil/cosmoline that was on it. I didn't wipe the inside.
https://i.imgur.com/7zTzfkpl.jpg
View Quote

No HKparts is a shady business. They frequently send the wrong parts and claim they are HK. There is well documented evidence of this. I didn't believe it either until it happened to me on an order. And they have sent me the wrong parts entirely, and omitted parts from orders.  Both times I've had to contact them to fix the issue which is annoying. I will say they do tend to fix the issue, but initially told me to ship the wrong parts back at my shipping cost (lol)

Opticsplanet is a reputable business on the other hand. They just have very misleading shipping times
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By OhioRangeTime:

No HKparts is a shady business. They frequently send the wrong parts and claim they are HK. There is well documented evidence of this. I didn't believe it either until it happened to me on an order. And they have sent me the wrong parts entirely, and omitted parts from orders.  Both times I've had to contact them to fix the issue which is annoying. I will say they do tend to fix the issue, but initially told me to ship the wrong parts back at my shipping cost (lol)

Opticsplanet is a reputable business on the other hand. They just have very misleading shipping times
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OhioRangeTime:
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Starting to think that HKParts is Opticsplanet of the HK world.

I've bought plenty of parts from both and have never had a problem with either but people seem to love shitting on them for some reason.

Brand new, straight out of the package, US made drum from HKParts. All I did was wipe off the grease/oil/cosmoline that was on it. I didn't wipe the inside.
https://i.imgur.com/7zTzfkpl.jpg

No HKparts is a shady business. They frequently send the wrong parts and claim they are HK. There is well documented evidence of this. I didn't believe it either until it happened to me on an order. And they have sent me the wrong parts entirely, and omitted parts from orders.  Both times I've had to contact them to fix the issue which is annoying. I will say they do tend to fix the issue, but initially told me to ship the wrong parts back at my shipping cost (lol)

Opticsplanet is a reputable business on the other hand. They just have very misleading shipping times

I placed a decent sized order with HKparts a couple years back when I first got my Sp5k and got everything I was supposed to.  I think I also got my CC number compromised.  I tried to order from them again a few months back and my bank auto declined the charge.

I really need a rear diopter drum and the paddle mag kit and as far as I know HKparts is the only one who has drums of any kind in stock and they are the only place I've ever seen the paddle mag kit.  Is there another source for either anywhere?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I placed a decent sized order with HKparts a couple years back when I first got my Sp5k and got everything I was supposed to.  I think I also got my CC number compromised.  I tried to order from them again a few months back and my bank auto declined the charge.

I really need a rear diopter drum and the paddle mag kit and as far as I know HKparts is the only one who has drums of any kind in stock and they are the only place I've ever seen the paddle mag kit.  Is there another source for either anywhere? 
View Quote

I have ordered from them for about 10 years, many large orders and no issues for me.  However, they did have their CC’s compromised once, and HKPARTS  has been ran by various different family members for reasons.  

ETA:  There was a time when stuff was about impossible to find and they would find it.  I haven't forgotten those times.  People forget, stuff was bad for roller locked enthusiasts.  
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top