BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got lucky and was able to swap a SP5 for a PDW version. Now I have one of each.

View Quote

Bastage!!

Good for you, dude.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
It was mostly luck. My local FFL became an HK stocking dealer right before COVID hit. He has only got 2 SP5s and one PDW in the last 1-1.5 years. He was asking way over MSRP and I didn't want to pay that. Due to the this thread I was able to snag a SP5 from Scheels a little while back. The PDW he just got in and another customer of his wanted a SP5 and was willing to pay a premium. So I offered a trade of my SP5 plus a old Shield pistol I had that I paid $175 for. The dealer accept the trade and was happy as he gets a premium plus a Shield pistol he can sell and I get the PDW I wanted. It all worked out well and I ended up only paying slightly over MSRP for the PDW.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the pricing on these right now? I think MSRP is $2,800 for the SP5 and $2,900 for the PDW, yeah? What's the price difference out of the market? Which seems to be the more sought after?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's the pricing on these right now? I think MSRP is $2,800 for the SP5 and $2,900 for the PDW, yeah? What's the price difference out of the market? Which seems to be the more sought after?
View Quote
The PDW is more sought over with sometimes a $1000 market price over the SP5.

Why??? The SP5 is a better shooter. But it's been out longer and more on the market than the PDW.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
MSRP was raised this year. Both models are now $2949.

As of right now, the PDW version commands a $500-1000 premium over the regular SP5.

I'm done buying these for a while.  Below are my two factory HKs and Omega SBR clone.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Question:

I called Scheels in my area 77053 pasadena tx. Just to see how this all works. I work offshore 28 on 14 off. The lady said she only gets some in every 2-3 months but they do not keep lists. So What would be the best way for me to get one if ever? I am going to guess that Gun broker is going to be my only option but open to ideas.

I don't know who keeps lists and not sure if it would even matter if shops only get 2-3 a year.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The PDW is more sought over with sometimes a $1000 market price over the SP5.

Why??? The SP5 is a better shooter. But it's been out longer and more on the market than the PDW.
View Quote

The PDW is listed as a "limited production" gun on the HK website.  Less are made.  Only 1,000 a year are made and who knows how long they will be making them.  With HK you never know and especially with our current political climate.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The PDW is listed as a "limited production" gun on the HK website.  Less are made.  Only 1,000 a year are made and who knows how long they will be making them.  With HK you never know and especially with our current political climate.
View Quote

Yep, the one I just got was serial 1,2xx.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, the one I just got was serial 1,2xx.
View Quote

Got mine a couple months ago, 14**
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Question:

I called Scheels in my area 77053 pasadena tx. Just to see how this all works. I work offshore 28 on 14 off. The lady said she only gets some in every 2-3 months but they do not keep lists. So What would be the best way for me to get one if ever? I am going to guess that Gun broker is going to be my only option but open to ideas.

I don't know who keeps lists and not sure if it would even matter if shops only get 2-3 a year.
View Quote

The only scheels in tx is in the colony , not pasadena (im from hou), and the scheels i got it from had 12. I ordered 2
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok can you help me answer the question I had or just correct me and rub shit in my God damn face? I have had people quote my post to bitch but not help  answer the question I had.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#13]
What I did was subscribe to this thread and watch for email notifications like a hawk. Someone posted that a scheels had a few in stock left after they got theirs and I got lucky.

With these scheels I would probably get a list of each store with a number on a notepad or paper and when they start getting them in just go down that list till you nab one.

My pdw I had to pay 4k for on gunbroker and the sp5 I got from scheels was 2900. I got a sp5 on order from my LGS since they first announced it and still waiting for them to get one.

Quoted:
Ok can you help me answer the question I had or just correct me and rub shit in my God damn face? I have had people quote my post to bitch but not help  answer the question I had.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watch here and HKPRO's heads up forum.  Usually after somebody scores one for themselves they post where they got it from. People were posting all over the place when the last shipment arrived. Between my friends and I we picked up 5.  For me the "Notify Me's" always arrive after the guns are gone.   Scheels was super easy to deal with.  I paid over the phone and they shipped to my local store
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Calm down, man.  Lashing out like that is not really the best way for someone in the know to help you.    It's simply a frustrating experience unless one has an unlimited budget.  

These things are tough to come by and might literally be the most sought after production gun on the market at the moment.  Timing and perseverance are the keys.  Many on this thread actively monitor(ed) the thread and start working the phones the minute someone posts availability or a source.    That's exactly how I got mine.   And it took multiple tries over months to finally get the timing right and call the right place with one in stock.  They are simply flying off the shelves.  

Scheels seems to be the most reliable source that isn't ass-fucking customers on pricing.   PDWs are even more difficult to find/obtain.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well good luck to you then.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And bless your heart
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, ive also heard that you can camp outside scheels, or your local gunstore at least an hour before opening every day before they open to see if they have any. Like the people who wait outside academy on ammo truck days. If you do this for 30-49 days straight you may land a sp5 at msrp
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Luck.

I stopped by my LGS and they had an SP5 for $3999.

I magnanimously passed and allowed another lucky shopper have it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#21]
my situation exactly last month...$3,999 seems to be the 'street-price' from LGSs in my area as well. Problem is, people are paying it (apparently)!

d
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#22]
My LGS that I've been on the PDW list since last fall hasn't ever gotten one.  They are supposed to be a direct HK dealer too so Scheels definitely has it going on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quick update here...spoke with the folks at Scheels today...I was told that HK has raised their distributor prices to Scheels by $300 per unit. Consequently their retail price is now $3099.99. Looks like HK has figured out that they can get more $$.

FYI

dh
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Just walked out of Scheels in The Colony.  They had one on display for $3099.  Thought I saw 2 guys walking out with boxes that looked like SP5s.  Was tempted to get the one on display but lots of booger fingers touching it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just walked out of Scheels in The Colony.  They had one on display for $3099.  Thought I saw 2 guys walking out with boxes that looked like SP5s.  Was tempted to get the one on display but lots of booger fingers touching it.
View Quote

Too bad they don't ship - that sucks.

Well, hopefully somebody snags it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking of going by on my way home. Guess that was a mistake.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the only thing worth stopping for today.  Not really much ammo.  No reloading components.

I walked up and thought they were looking at one of the Century MP5 turds and my head whipped around when he said SP5.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@wayfaerer320

They do ship. I got mine shipped from Scheels. I live in KY.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@wayfaerer320

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@wayfaerer320

The woman I talked to on the phone said they won't ship - this was The Colony, TX location. I guess each Scheel's is different?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The woman I talked to on the phone said they won't ship - this was The Colony, TX location. I guess each Scheel's is different?
View Quote

Perhaps, although that would be odd. I did get mine from Iowa City though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#31]
The one in springfield, IL shipped a sp5 to KY for me if that helps.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess is that its alot easier for them to sell it local considering The Colony is in a major metroplex and its TX.  Now if it was some turd of a gun that people arent buying often, probably makes sense.  But SP5s at a decent price, yeah just tell them we dont ship, someone will be by shortly and buy it local.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#33]
You're right, they'll sell it regardless. Some people was saying certain stores wasn't willing to ship and was in-store only. One I listed didn't have that policy, so it wouldn't hurt to call this one or others around it if you know sp5's coming in.

Quoted:

My guess is that its alot easier for them to sell it local considering The Colony is in a major metroplex and its TX.  Now if it was some turd of a gun that people arent buying often, probably makes sense.  But SP5s at a decent price, yeah just tell them we dont ship, someone will be by shortly and buy it local.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Someone on “another forum” mentioned that some scheels are starting to get some in. Start calling around next few days. And no, i do not have a lead on one, I bought mine last batch
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone mentioned scheels in lincoln ne had some this morning
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Thank you, MJ!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Thank you, MJ!  
View Quote

Did you get one? Theyre sold out now apparently
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I did, thank you! I think I got the last one they had.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I was able to get one at the Scheels here. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Were you charged the $3099 price increase or did they still honor the former $2899?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Were you charged the $3099 price increase or did they still honor the former $2899?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid $2899.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I paid $2899.
View Quote

Awesome, congrats..so I guess they’re not all marking up the prices across the board just yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Awesome, congrats..so I guess they’re not all marking up the prices across the board just yet.
View Quote

Ofher people reported success getting them to pricematch the other stores, even after they placed order. Try that
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I snagged one at a Scheel's in CO - $2899.

My Mp5 dreams are becoming a reality.

Holy shit am I excited.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Holy shit am I excited.
View Quote

Which one?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Holy shit am I excited.
View Quote

Is that the 10-rounder version?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit am I excited.

They come with 30-rounders.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They come with 30-rounders.
View Quote

Most do, but 81000478 is a 10 round mag version for states that have mag capacity limits. CO has mag capacity restrictions
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Most do, but 81000478 is a 10 round mag version for states that have mag capacity limits. CO has mag capacity restrictions
View Quote

This is correct.  Will be interesting to see if Scheels sold him the package with 30 round mags out of CO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is correct.  Will be interesting to see if Scheels sold him the package with 30 round mags out of CO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah - had forgotten about the mag restrictions in CO.

More than likely it's coming with 10s then I'm sure. I actually didn't ask - I was just happy to pay $2899 for an SP5.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top