@BabyYaga777 could you post a pic of your setup? Thanks

@ti_27

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
512-263-1888 Sportsman's finest in Texas.
Price is not something to be proud of @ $3499 + $45 shipping. But it is an option that is $500 less than GB
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@MP15T just got an email update HKparts has the diopter sight in stock. Good luck.
View Quote
Thanks but I missed out
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Price is not something to be proud of @ $3499 + $45 shipping. But it is an option that is $500 less than GB
View Quote

@oozie

Dammit.  I'm in Texas so they'd charge me tax.  But I sincerely appreciate you posting in the thread for someone else to take advantage of.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks but I missed out
View Quote

Don’t feel bad. Apparently it was the US version. I don’t know why I got an alert for it, I only set one for the German one..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you tell a U.S. made sight from HK OEM? I’ve got one and don’t see any markings.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How do you tell a U.S. made sight from HK OEM? I’ve got one and don’t see any markings.
View Quote

The diamond shapes of the knurling are recessed in the German version.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The German-made diopter has a matte black finish while the US-made diopter has a slight shine to it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They sold out yesterday.  FYI.

I'm still looking for $3500 or less, to beat GB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They sold out yesterday.  FYI.

I'm still looking for $3500 or less, to beat GB.
View Quote

@SvenDOIsen

You can try Evan’s Firearms in Lexington, KY. They had one started at $4500, reduced to $4000 a week or two ago. I’d be shocked if it’s sold, may try and offer them $3500. We all know they paid less than $2799 for it so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@SvenDOIsen

You can try Evan’s Firearms in Lexington, KY. They had one started at $4500, reduced to $4000 a week or two ago. I’d be shocked if it’s sold, may try and offer them $3500. We all know they paid less than $2799 for it so.
View Quote

Also sold.   They do still have a DJ Getz clone for $1999.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Also sold.   They do still have a DJ Getz clone for $1999.
View Quote

Oh wow I’m surprised. It sat there for weeks. And yeah every time I’d ask about the Hk they would hawk the shit out of that Getz, I know it was on consignment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The German-made diopter has a matte black finish while the US-made diopter has a slight shine to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any difference in quality? I’m not opposed to a US part as long as it’s in spec.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is there any difference in quality? I’m not opposed to a US part as long as it’s in spec.
View Quote

It has been reported that some of the US versions do not fit/screw on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugghh, alright. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have def had an issue with hkparts usa diopters fitting my zenith guns but my hk guns the fit was flawless although they sport hk diopters now. I have a z5p with an mke diopter so that is another choice if you can find one....the finish is close to the hk’s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I have seen a US diopter with the holes slightly off center.

Also the reason the HK sight is  by matte is to reduce the shine when your eye is up to it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#18]
CDNN has an SP5 up for auction on GunBroker. Current bid $3625
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The diamond shapes of the knurling are recessed in the German version.
View Quote

The older ones were made that way. The newer ones i’ve been seeing have a different machining process.

Older, from demilled kit:

Newer, from HK:

I went through it all: German demilled kit, US HK Parts, PTR, and then new production from HK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to an arfcommer giving me a heads up, I was able to snag an SP5 locally.  A few things:

My Rugged Obsidian .45 doesn’t fit using the 3-lug mount.  It is 1-2 millimeters shy of clearing the lugs on the barrel.

Where are all of you finding diopter rear sights?

I’m definitely going to submit a form 1 on this guy.  What have you been putting down for overall length?  I think I’m just going to go with an A2 stock because it’s the cheapest option, and I don’t think I’m ready to swallow $5-800 for an A3 or F stock, even though that’s what I really want.

Magazines.  I’m considering getting 2-3 more genuine HKs and then 4-5 Korean metal mags.  Is hkparts a good site for them, or are there deals to be had out there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Still looking for an SP5 too!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks to an arfcommer giving me a heads up, I was able to snag an SP5 locally.  A few things:

My Rugged Obsidian .45 doesn’t fit using the 3-lug mount.  It is 1-2 millimeters shy of clearing the lugs on the barrel.

Where are all of you finding diopter rear sights?

I’m definitely going to submit a form 1 on this guy.  What have you been putting down for overall length?  I think I’m just going to go with an A2 stock because it’s the cheapest option, and I don’t think I’m ready to swallow $5-800 for an A3 or F stock, even though that’s what I really want.

Magazines.  I’m considering getting 2-3 more genuine HKs and then 4-5 Korean metal mags.  Is hkparts a good site for them, or are there deals to be had out there?
View Quote

My stamp came in months ago. I used the specs from the Hk factory website. Overall length 17.8 inches, barrel length 8.86 inches

Here's the link

I went with an A2 also, just because that's my favorite look. I'll probably get an A3 or F later on because I've fantasized about all the different combinations my whole life so fuck it, nows the time
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My stamp came in months ago. I used the specs from the Hk factory website. Overall length 17.8 inches, barrel length 8.86 inches

Here's the link

I went with an A2 also, just because that's my favorite look. I'll probably get an A3 or F later on because I've fantasized about all the different combinations my whole life so fuck it, nows the time
View Quote

Don’t you have to list the overall length with whatever stock you plan to have attached? 17.8 would be the length of just the pistol, without the stock?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don’t you have to list the overall length with whatever stock you plan to have attached? 17.8 would be the length of just the pistol, without the stock?
View Quote

I don't believe so because you could swap stocks at any time you wanted and you won't have to go through the paperwork again if you do. It's just the length of the firearm itself, the stock is an accessory
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#25]
For an ATF Form 1, they want the overall length of the SBR with the stock attached and extended.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For an ATF Form 1, they want the overall length of the SBR with the stock attached and extended.
View Quote

Oh. Well I didn't do that. How that supposed to work if you change stocks? I guess with mine it could have been I just intended to add a vertical foregrip
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that’s what I thought but has been a while since I did my first SBR.

Kind of makes it tough to figure out the total length when you don’t have the stock yet. I looked mine up online based on what the manufacturer had stated but couldn’t actual measure myself because I didn’t have it at the time I submitted my form
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh. Well I didn't do that. How that supposed to work if you change stocks? I guess with mine it could have been I just intended to add a vertical foregrip
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@BabyYaga777

Lifted from a gun trust site:

Important Note: Do not request the ATF to replace the existing configuration with a new configuration. Instead, request the ATF to amend your existing registration to include a new additional configuration.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#30]
The overall length on a Form 1 doesn’t have to be exact, and changes to this length resulting from “non-permanent” configuration changes do not need to be approved or noted. As long as ATF approves your Form 1 with whatever overall length you listed on the form, you are “good to go” for other stocks, and the resulting differing overall lengths as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I’d like at least one straight magazine (just for aesthetics), and it looks like What a Country is selling sets of three, along with a mag pouch and an old school 3-point sling, for $330.  Is this a decent deal?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’d like at least one straight magazine (just for aesthetics), and it looks like What a Country is selling sets of three, along with a mag pouch and an old school 3-point sling, for $330.  Is this a decent deal?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/438110/5C98F0B6-C57C-4FD3-90D8-0D330BA0187B_jpe-1797510.JPG
View Quote

Yup, thats a good deal--the stick mags usually go for a 100 a piece.  Got a link?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup, thats a good deal--the stick mags usually go for a 100 a piece.  Got a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/438110/5C98F0B6-C57C-4FD3-90D8-0D330BA0187B_jpe-1797510.JPG

@sgwlower

Thanks for the input.  I just placed an order.

https://whatacountry.com/hk94mp5magazinepouchsetwsling.aspx
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#35]
for the past six moths whenever they have popped up they have always been around 90-100 bucks..here and the hk forum, as well on vendor sites. You were sitting on a gold mine and didnt even know it. You got enough to almost buy a new PDW.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#36]
If anyone has a source on an SP5 it would greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Holy Yikes!

I have probably 40 of those straight mags that I paid $17.95ea for back in the day from Coles Distributing.  (gets out calculator)
View Quote

Yikes,  is right, I don't have 40 but I bought a dozen or so for $35.

Crazy today what they are brining.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I got an email from gunprime this morning, SP5K PDW for $6000.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@sgwlower

Thanks for the input.  I just placed an order.

https://whatacountry.com/hk94mp5magazinepouchsetwsling.aspx
View Quote

OOS
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, the PDW prices are ridiculous....I had a tool bag on HKPRO, offering to trade my two new SP5’s for his one new PDW....not cool trying to capitalize on fellow members. Told him to pound sand.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yep, the PDW prices are ridiculous....I had a tool bag on HKPRO, offering to trade my two new SP5’s for his one new PDW....not cool trying to capitalize on fellow members. Told him to pound sand.
View Quote

Any chance you’re still selling one of your SP5s?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep, the PDW prices are ridiculous....I had a tool bag on HKPRO, offering to trade my two new SP5's for his one new PDW....not cool trying to capitalize on fellow members. Told him to pound sand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, the PDW prices are ridiculous....I had a tool bag on HKPRO, offering to trade my two new SP5's for his one new PDW....not cool trying to capitalize on fellow members. Told him to pound sand.
That's not cool. I really want a PDW as well and would love to trade my SP5 for one plus a little cash but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Is this a PDW version?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#45]

No. That is an abomination
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#46]

That was the K HK brought in last year or so.   Funky configuration.   But if probably best to snag one if you can find it at a reasonable price.

I'm actively hunting for an SP5 like others.  Just missed one a couple weeks ago by 30 mins.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:31:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That was the K HK brought in last year or so.   Funky configuration.   But if probably best to snag one if you can find it at a reasonable price.

I'm actively hunting for an SP5 like others.  Just missed one a couple weeks ago by 30 mins.  Sigh.
View Quote

Whats reasonable for the K? He's asking $3500.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

People do that here on a regular as well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#49]
If just wanting a sp5k you can keep an eye on armsunlimited. They've gotten a couple shipments in the past month going for 3k I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:41:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Any chance you’re still selling one of your SP5s?
View Quote

Sorry, not right now as I’m deciding to SBR some and brace-pistol the others with different setups and suppressors etc.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top