Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Speculation on the reason why HK would not just do a two pin lower in spirit of the original?
View Quote
Because it would cost money to change what they have already been doing for 30 years?
Because the design has been approved both for export from Germany, and import to the US without a front push pin?

I just would like to add to this that all of you that have been saying HK didn't import MP5s into the US with paddle magazine releases because it was illegal can now commence to consume cocks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought I was happy with my SP5K now I hear about this.  This info is not good for the wallet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys, I could have told you this was coming.  It's always my luck.  I finally get my grail gun, an MP5 type although a PTR and then H&K finally brings them to market.  Just like getting in the check out line.  No matter which line I get in, it's going to slow down.   This shit is all my fault.

But then again, I might have finally found the excuse to dump all of my photography gear I've been packing on trips.    I still want a K model.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Guys, I could have told you this was coming.  It's always my luck.  I finally get my grail gun, an MP5 type although a PTR and then H&K finally brings them to market.  Just like getting in the check out line.  No matter which line I get in, it's going to slow down.   This shit is all my fault.

But then again, I might have finally found the excuse to dump all of my photography gear I've been packing on trips.    I still want a K model.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat. FINALLY bought a PTR MP5 like last week...then this news comes out
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not terrible if it forces the clone builders to innovate by bringing other models to market.  And, more MP5s on the market means the parts market should remain healthy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
its true
View Quote
I've never been so excited to be told that my gun money for the next couple of years is already allocated....  I've literally been waiting for this moment for over 25 years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Not even a year after I get my Zenith/MKE

I really don't want to have to buy both.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yes but we may only see one every couple months
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you will be stocking them?
yes but we may only see one every couple months
That's good news you will be stocking them but bad news if supply will be so low for big dealers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Just pulled my MKE Z5RS out of the safe, who am I kidding it's flawless, one of the good ones. I paid around 1600.00 for this back in 2016 and as cool as it would be to own a real HK I can't see dropping 2700ish bucks on one. Maybe if I a get a sudden windfall but realistically my MP5 is an expensive range toy and as much as I'll be jealous of all of you that get a real HK I just can't justify it right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
So what's the street price going to be?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I’d bet inline with the sp5k. $2500-2800 when they first come out but drop when supply steadies out to $2000-2300. Some people got deals of $1800 on sp5k.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Germany's Euro trade zone rules are different than those for the US.  The German police approved this 2-3 years ago, not 15.
View Quote
HK sure.

But the fact that the German equivalent of the ATF technology approved MP5 clones years ago tells me the issue isn't the German Gov't, but HK.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I was getting all geared up to buy a PTR. I'm honestly not sure this changes my calculation. Why is an 'HK' stamped on the side worth an extra $1,000 or so?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was getting all geared up to buy a PTR. I'm honestly not sure this changes my calculation. Why is an 'HK' stamped on the side worth an extra $1,000 or so?
View Quote
If you have to ask that question then I would stick with the PTR guns...
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Skip the PTR. Buy a MKE/POF/or now H&K.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
If what AIM Surplus says is correct and large gun stores are only going to be getting one a month, I'd wager well over MSRP with most of them ending up on Guntoker.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The All German HK will command that $1000 premium. People want ORIGINAL. I like my PTR a lot. if someone told me they would swap my PTR for a real OEM MP5 for $1000 I wouldn't be able to get to my wallet fast enough.

PTR makes a good clone as far as I am concerned. Thats the thing still... its a CLONE that is close, but not the actual real deal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#18]
If they can be bought in the mid/low $2k range I will definitely be a buyer. I was looking at the PTRs the other day and would rather have a factory Hk for slightly more.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]
The German made MP5 won’t have the common issues/problems that all of the others occasionally have, such as magazine wobble, misshapen magazine wells, canted front, rear, or both sights, mis-timed 3 lugs on the barrel, poorly made/out of spec. internal parts, and crappy/missing finish on the firearm.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Wow! Awesome! Didn't see the post on social media.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

This picture was posted on another site, looks freaking nice.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ll take two please.  Of each model that is.....

18Z50.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Zenith, but I would be in for the K model
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Why even get excited? Everyone wants one and there will only be enough for 5% of people to have one. What a depressing announcement lol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Will probably be for sale around me $2500

Then $5k++++ when they're all scooped up and put out for resale by gougers
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not really . This isint "back in the day" anymore.  Mp5s are basically like AR15s now. Do you really give a shit if yours is Armalite?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’ll take two please.  Of each model that is.....

18Z50.....
View Quote
Me too
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea, I could take out a TSP loan and buy 30-40 units, then pad my retirement off gunbroker sales!  Nah, I ain't a bitch, I'll buy 2 and start hoarding magazines.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not really . This isint "back in the day" anymore.  Mp5s are basically like AR15s now. Do you really give a shit if yours is Armalite?
View Quote
This truly is “back in the day” when it comes to MP5 style firearms. The quality gradient is very steep, ranging from those guns which are barely-functional crap to the ones that are truly stellar in quality, function and appearance. I’m going to place a very safe bet that this German H&K will be at the top of the latter category...
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#30]
If the supply is going to be that low, i really hope you guys start selling off your clones cheap... Really though, why only make 3k of these if they could sell 20k if they made 20k of them?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This truly is “back in the day” when it comes to MP5 style firearms. The quality gradient is very steep, ranging from those guns which are barely-functional crap to the ones that are truly stellar in quality, function and appearance. I’m going to place a very safe bet that this German H&K will be at the top of the latter category...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really notice a difference between my Hks and my zeniths/ptrs. Aside from a bit better finish.

Hilariously enough, I do notice a difference between my colts and kacs though lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#32]
No listing on the distributor websites. If it was as soon as xmas, they would be in the as “0” or coming soon. Of course they may just be going dealer direct. I’ll pay retail for a SP5 and won’t think twice about it.

I emailed a high volume, HK master dealer near me and they have no clue what I’m talking about.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't really notice a difference between my Hks and my zeniths/ptrs. Aside from a bit better finish.

Hilariously enough, I do notice a difference between my colts and kacs though lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PTR doesn't follow the HK TDP/blueprints for the MP5 (9CT) do they?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#34]
If true, I don’t see this happening before Christmas. That being said, I’ll get in line for one. If true, this will also likely have a negative affect on the current value of HK94s and HK conversions.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Is the more feature-rich K model confirmed? I'd be interested in that.

On another note, hopefully HK mag imports will increase too and get mag prices down a bit. I could use more than the 3 I have.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
PTR doesn't follow the HK TDP/blueprints for the MP5 (9CT) do they?
View Quote
considering all the problems with german parts not fitting their bolts, I would say no.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why even get excited? Everyone wants one and there will only be enough for 5% of people to have one. What a depressing announcement lol.
View Quote
Yeah, but of the "everyone" who wants one, only about 6% are willing to actually pay for one.  So market competition won't really be that bad.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, but of the "everyone" who wants one, only about 6% are willing to actually pay for one.  So market competition won't really be that bad.
View Quote
From all the chatter , it will take more than five to six years before the supply catches up to the demands on SP5's . By then the new generation will be buying them after watching Die Hard movies .
So if you want one you will be waiting a long time before you see them below MSRP.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK junkies have a sickness. These will sell out immediately every time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

considering all the problems with german parts not fitting their bolts, I would say no.
View Quote
That's the k's though, not the C's.
The 91's were made from the Hellenic Arms or FMP machines I believe. The 9mm's are more of a commercial conversion like any of the other US builders out there.

Pakistan and Turkey have original HK setup machinery, though of course they're doing their own semi-auto conversion modifications from the original stuff.

Same way the HK is HK, but will probably have the same "won't take MG bolt carrier" that the current one does, plus whatever other mods.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Just heard from my dealer.
He is getting 2 from the first batch.
He is a small, local shop that deals mostly in higher end stuff.
He didn’t have an ETA past “in the next week or two” and he didn’t have a price yet.
One of the two is mine.
He doesn’t price gouge, so I’ll be getting it for MSRP, whatever that is.

Holy shit, this has been an expensive year.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

HK junkies have a sickness. These will sell out immediately every time.
View Quote
Go be poor somewhere else?

Seriously. Though. . . They will be gone crazy fast.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not HK illuminati.    So, if anyone knows a dealer (particularly one NOT in Texas so I can save the sales tax) who is willing to put my name on a list for the K, would you please IM me details?  I'm perfectly happy to wait, I just want a place in line.   Legit buyer and not window shopping.  Thanks.

These are the best of times, men.  Enjoy them and grab what you can while you can.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Was able to secure the only one allocated to my dealer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#45]
MSRP is $2799 according to one dealer, who wanted full payment upfront.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Very interesting news but good news.  They won't be able to build enough in the short term, good luck to all on the scavenger hunt!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I was present when my dealer spoke with the HK rep and it’s confirmed.   First run of guns should be sometime the first week of December and all the guns have been allocated so none for me.   Second run sometime after the first of the year.   I was unable to get a price...but he said expect a MAJOR mark up on the first few runs given the demand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Figures, now that I finally got around to installing a B&T 3-lug bbl on my SP5K.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#49]
As a long time HK fan, this is exciting, and something I would love to have sometime....it doesn’t make me love my PTR any less. It is a fantastic pistol that runs flawlessly, and looks great.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Really on the fence about trying to get a SP5 as I already have a SBR Z-5RS.  Not really interested in it as a pistol, so I’d be doing a Form 1, but then you need to put in US parts, which defeats the all German factory appeal, plus paying around 3K for gun I basically already have.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top