@goloud
View Quote

So hot. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Is that optic mount integrated into the hand guard? Trying to decide which hand guard to get, the Midwest Industries has my eye at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is that optic mount integrated into the hand guard? Trying to decide which hand guard to get, the Midwest Industries has my eye at the moment.
View Quote

It’s an add on to the KAC rail. Want one but can’t find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]

@AKSU
Does the Aimpoint Pro in that KAC Mount Co-Witness with the Front Sight Post?
How does the overall weight feel when shooting, do your arms get fatigued?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Want one but can’t find them anywhere.
View Quote

@goloud

I bought that KAC MP5 RAS from Charlie’s Custom Clones and the optic mount from Operation Parts last December. They are pretty rare currently.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@AKSU
View Quote

@FastCar

Sure does. That’s the reason I purchased it.
Weight isn’t bad but the RAS is wide compared to the OEM hand guard. No regrets.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@FastCar

Weight isn’t bad but the RAS is wide compared to the OEM hand guard. No regrets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AKSU

@FastCar

@AKSU
I have to admit, the 99048 looks good on your setup.
Do you know if the 99049 will Co-Witness with a T2 in a factory low mount?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@AKSU
I have to admit, the 99048 looks good on your setup.
View Quote

Not the answer you are seeking but an alternative-I run a micro in a Scalarworks absolute mount. Iron sights are visible through the mount and the RDS clears the irons. Best of both worlds IMO.

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@AKSU

View Quote

I have a 99049 and I don't think a T2 in a factory Low mount will cowitness. if it does, it will be it the very bottom of the glass. I think I recall too that this setup will put the dot directly into the top of the front sight hood.

The only T2 cowitness I have seen is the factory low mount on a Battle Steel HK claw mount, or the B&T Low mount. Even then I believe those are closer to lower 1/3rd style witness with the dot in the lower segment of glass.

The 99049 sits higher than both those mounts.

That said, I am using that rail with a MRO in a Scalarworks "absolute" height mount. The dot clears the front hood, and the hood is only visible in the very bottom of the glass. You can also look through the sight and use the irons, tactical fudd style.

@Outrider, as always, good taste my man. I'm waiting on my F1 to clear so I can ditch the brace and also run a whiteryno stubby with terminator handstop. Such a clean look on the RAS

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a 99049 and I don't think a T2 in a factory Low mount will cowitness. if it does, it will be it the very bottom of the glass. I think I recall too that this setup will put the dot directly into the top of the front sight hood.

The only T2 cowitness I have seen is the factory low mount on a Battle Steel HK claw mount, or the B&T Low mount. Even then I believe those are closer to lower 1/3rd style witness with the dot in the lower segment of glass.

The 99049 sits higher than both those mounts.

That said, I am using that rail with a MRO in a Scalarworks "absolute" height mount. The dot clears the front hood, and the hood is only visible in the very bottom of the glass. You can also look through the sight and use the irons, tactical fudd style.

https://i.imgur.com/bu2bsqf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RsFPKc4.jpg

@Outrider, as always, good taste my man. I'm waiting on my F1 to clear so I can ditch the brace and also run a whiteryno stubby with terminator handstop. Such a clean look on the RAS

https://i.imgur.com/8tuOj9P.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rnKAg04.jpg
View Quote

I like your style as well!
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Video says they're available now... but I can't find it anywhere online. Fingers crossed I can find one at or even below MSRP somehow.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#16]
OMFG.... Now it all makes sense why AU dumped all those euro SP5Ks. Can’t wait to get one!
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OMFG.... Now it all makes sense why AU dumped all those euro SP5Ks. Can’t wait to get one!
View Quote

Exactly! I said the same thing when AU listed that batch..
How sick do you think the poor guy that paid 10k for one of those is now?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope to find one. I already have a spare rear diopter drum sight for it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what.... I remember you saying that now! Haha. It will be very interesting to see how this impacts the prices of the Euro SP5K’s.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Hells bells...my SP-5 is going to have a little brother soon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#22]
$2800? I think you mean $5600

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just took the plunge into the world of the MP5.

I was at Bass Pro and they had an SP5 sitting in the case for $2,599.

As soon as I picked it up I knew it had to be mine but I needed to run home and grab a credit card so I had them hold it in the back for me.

When I returned and asked the guy to get it he came back out and said "I grabbed you the one we didn't have on display".

I kind of just stood there like an idiot for a second as my brain struggled to process what I just heard but I finally managed to croak out "You mean you have two?"

Currently in day two of what should hopefully only be a three day wait for the background check to clear.

After stacking the military discount they offer, the discounted Raise gift cards I bought and the cash back from the credit card I used to buy the gift cards, I got the pair for right at 5k out the door.
View Quote
I don't know if I've ever heard a more beautiful story. I might have choked up a bit there at the end when I read the word "pair".
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:20:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just brought them home.

https://i.imgur.com/9GxHDFY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

10 round mags because fuck CO.
View Quote
Wait! CO is 10 round max? I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:36:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup... I think they have something like a 15 round magazine limit for rifles. I've been to Colorado once and loooooved it. Actually going to make my second trip out there next month, but I'd never move there now due to their BS gun laws.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is HK subcontracting to a guy named Todd?
View Quote

betting not many remember....
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

..and by 'dumping' you mean selling at full retail?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yup... I think they have something like a 15 round magazine limit for rifles. I've been to Colorado once and loooooved it. Actually going to make my second trip out there next month, but I'd never move there now due to their BS gun laws.
View Quote
Correct, Colorado passed HB1224 in the wake of the Aurora Theater Shooting that went into effect on July 1st 2013.   All magazines greater that 15rd capacity have to be owned prior to the date of enactment.

I had the joy of moving  a couple hundreds of magazines (including ~two dozen MP5 mags) from Texas to our place in Colorado in May 2013 after the law was passed but before the law went into effect as nobody knew what would happen long term in terms of grandfathering and enforcement.

The common narrative 7 years later is that the mag ban is generally not enforced and that some shops sell disassembled magazines in "kit" form.

In my travels to Colorado I have never come across a kit for sale (not saying they don't exist), that said I have never been stopped or questioned about the greater than 15rd mags in my possession in Colorado over the past ~7 years either.

However, I do only use the mags I have documented in State before the laws enactment just in case it ever becomes an issue.

Its really unfortunately as its a great State and they are stuck with this magazine capacity restriction law.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were me I think I would have to go through a grieving process like a death occurred or something
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
$2800? I think you mean $5600
http://www.imfdb.org/images/a/a4/MatrixMP5K-3.jpg
View Quote

thats the non 3lug version. Neo played a big role in why I have 2 of them lmao
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If it were me I think I would have to go through a grieving process like a death occurred or something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s likely a young ANTIFA member with blue hair. Anyone  that does 10min of Google research can figure out that gun is in no way shape or form worth 10k....
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It’s likely a young ANTIFA member with blue hair. Anyone  that does 10min of Google research can figure out that gun is in no way shape or form worth 10k....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That 10k sale never made sense to me tbh. Since the PDW announcement the prices of the euro sp5k plummeted. Everyone changed their prices real fast.

If i had to guess the value will go down big time short term but 3 or 4 years from now they will be worth a lot due to the small amount imported
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Correct, Colorado passed HB1224 in the wake of the Aurora Theater Shooting that went into effect on July 1st 2013.   All magazines greater that 15rd capacity have to be owned prior to the date of enactment.

I had the joy of moving  a couple hundreds of magazines (including ~two dozen MP5 mags) from Texas to our place in Colorado in May 2013 after the law was passed but before the law went into effect as nobody knew what would happen long term in terms of grandfathering and enforcement.

The common narrative 7 years later is that the mag ban is generally not enforced and that some shops sell disassembled magazines in "kit" form.  

In my travels to Colorado I have never come across a kit for sale (not saying they don't exist), that said I have never been stopped or questioned about the greater than 15rd mags in my possession in Colorado over the past ~7 years either.  

However, I do only use the mags I have documented in State before the laws enactment just in case it ever becomes an issue.

Its really unfortunately as its a great State and they are stuck with this magazine capacity restriction law.
View Quote

Well I'm really glad it's not enforced for y'all because that's a horseshit gun law. However as a nonresident who may be travelling through Colorado... I don't think I'm going to get away with claiming my 30 round standard capacity magazine was grandfathered in since I'm from out of state lol.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The state law is 15.

Boulder, because they're a special little snowflake, decided even that was too much and limits it to 10.

I don't know if they ship a SKU for the SP5 that has 15 rounders but BassPro probably just buys the 10 so it's legal everywhere in the state.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just took the plunge into the world of the MP5.

I was at Bass Pro and they had an SP5 sitting in the case for $2,599.

As soon as I picked it up I knew it had to be mine but I needed to run home and grab a credit card so I had them hold it in the back for me.

When I returned and asked the guy to get it he came back out and said “I grabbed you the one we didn’t have on display”.

I kind of just stood there like an idiot for a second as my brain struggled to process what I just heard but I finally managed to croak out “You mean you have two?”
View Quote

The Denver Bass Pro must be a honey hole...me and a friend went in today for fishing supplies and decided to swing by the shooting section for giggles...ammo shelf empty, plenty of 12 shotgun gauge offerings, to include lever actions in a variety of  calibers.
It begins; he spies an SP5 in the far display case for $2,599 and claims it like a Klondike gold mine stake on opening day! ??
Then the hammer Of opportunity drops like a bolt of lightning from the sales dude, “You want the other one in back too?”

Yup, use your imagination! His wife is gonna have his @ss in a sling ??
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#36]
SP5K-PDW get it while it’s hot!

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/876655124

$5500 with a day to go
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

$5500 with a day to go
View Quote

That’s called the stupid tax.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$5500 with a day to go

Yep..That’s the same group of people paying $1300 for A3 stocks
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well...if I didn’t like my SP5 so much I’d sell my A3 stock for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well...if I didn’t like my SP5 so much I’d sell my A3 stock for that kind of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that new SP5K goes to north 10k (an old model SP5K did a few weeks back) . We’re in the middle of a perfect storm. Firearms, accessories and ammunition are at price points that 12 months ago would have been laughable insanity.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that new SP5K goes to north 10k (an old model SP5K did a few weeks back) . We’re in the middle of a perfect storm. Firearms, accessories and ammunition are at price points that 12 months ago would have been laughable insanity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s crazy. I like my SP5K but for anywhere near $10k it’s gone.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/upqOkA4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get some glamour shots of your SP5K ready

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes this is getting ridiculous with peoples pricing for sure. I saw that AIM has them back in stock now listed for $2999 again btw..
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/70277BB6-3063-4F2E-A9C4-976F96C1BE6A_png-1545934.JPG

Time to sharpie out the warning label I guess. Over $10k is just insanity, I did a quick check and that’s about 1/4 of the way to a full auto HK.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Time to sharpie out the warning label I guess. Over $10k is just insanity, I did a quick check and that’s about 1/4 of the way to a full auto HK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/70277BB6-3063-4F2E-A9C4-976F96C1BE6A_png-1545934.JPG

Yes, it’s completely nuts. Heck, you do a little shopping around, you can get a registered receiver MP5 MG for under 30k.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Almost a year after this thread's inception, I finally purchased an SP5 this week. I was aware when all the genuine HK MP5 rear sight drums were dropping on Gunbroker, but didn't jump because I wasn't sure I'd ever own an SP5. So, if anyone has a spare one at a fair price, please send me an IM. Also, for you guys who started with an SBT5A and progressed to an SBR, I'm looking for one of those, too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Very nice pair!......FYI, if you happen have a sear pack, TSC makes a modified carrier that will work in the SP5 in spite of the carrier block. I got one for mine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Great pic!!  My eform for my Sp5k pdw should be back soon I hope but now I want a real Hk sp5 so bad to go with it!  I have a couple mke full size too but the real deal is hard to beat.  Great looking pair you have!
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top