Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Will the BT light work with a trilug tirant9 suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If someone sends me one I’ll let you know?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the BT light work with a trilug tirant9 suppressor?
View Quote
I would guess it would. The Tirant 9 is 1.38in in diameter and the obsidian 45 is 1.37in in diameter and it fits with a little room to spare.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Ran a few hundred rounds through the SP5 yesterday and didn't have a single malfunction. Tried a variety of IMI 158, Lawmen 147, Fiocchi 147, AE 147, and Blazer brass 147. Everything seemed to be subsonic yesterday though it's hard to tell when a dude shows up next to you with a Desert Eagle. I couldn't be happier with how smooth it shoots. Time to get the form 1 started.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone filled out their Form 1 for one of these yet in this thread?  I'm ready to eFile mine, what are you doing about 922r? Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or d. Model (As marked on firearm) Importer of Firearm - You guys putting GA or Germany?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has anyone filled out their Form 1 for one of these yet in this thread?  I'm ready to eFile mine, what are you doing about 922r? Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or d. Model (As marked on firearm) Importer of Firearm - You guys putting GA or Germany?
View Quote
I filed mine today. Model SP5. Heckler and Koch Gbmh Oberndorf, Germany.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Offering a small finders fee:

If anyone can help me find an SP5 for a reasonable price (at or below MSRP), I will ship you a new in wrapper genuine factory HK MP5 30-round magazine as a thank you.  IM me any leads and if I am lucky enough to snag one, I will honestly send you a free magazine (see my feedback rating).  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Offering a small finders fee:

If anyone can help me find an SP5 for a reasonable price (at or below MSRP), I will ship you a new in wrapper genuine factory HK MP5 30-round magazine as a thank you.  IM me any leads and if I am lucky enough to snag one, I will honestly send you a free magazine (see my feedback rating).  Thanks guys.
View Quote
Brownells has them back ordered for $2599.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/sp5-9mm-tri-lug-threaded-muzzle-8--prod133352.aspx

If you wait until they run a 10% coupon, you can get it for about $2250.  It just might take a few weeks to fill the order.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#9]
That’s a good deal, if they get them in the near future, I’d be tempted to grab one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Brownells has them back ordered for $2599.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/sp5-9mm-tri-lug-threaded-muzzle-8--prod133352.aspx

If you wait until they run a 10% coupon, you can get it for about $2250.  It just might take a few weeks to fill the order.
View Quote
It says backorder unavailable for me. I think you'll be hard pressed to find the timing work out on the backorder and a 10% coupon for the SP5. I could see those orders never being filled just due to sheer demand.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It says backorder unavailable for me. I think you'll be hard pressed to find the timing work out on the backorder and a 10% coupon for the SP5. I could see those orders never being filled just due to sheer demand.
View Quote
Weird. I could have sworn I saw a back order button last night. My fault.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I appreciate the help anyways man.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#13]
they probably took so many back orders that they will never fill.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Got to join the club yesterday

I think I am going to change the optic to a low mounted T2 or RMR or something. I like the look of the big Aimpoint comp, but it requires an uncomfortable chin weld to use.

Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think I am going to change the optic to a low mounted T2 or RMR or something. I like the look of the big Aimpoint comp, but it requires an uncomfortable chin weld to use.

https://i.imgur.com/496s3iv.jpg
View Quote
I have one of these in a box waiting for me to find an sp5 at a decent price...

It supposedly allows a cowitness.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Based on internet photos, that looks like it might solve my problem. It looks to lower the optic quite a bit as compared to where it is sitting now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good looking setup!

It kind of depends on how you want it set up. I'm used to 1.93" high micro mounts for my ARs for more "heads up" shooting so I don't mind the lower cheek/chin welds. I also prefer an uncluttered sight picture. My current setup is a micro in a Scalarworks absolute cowitness height. It clears the front sight hood and irons can be used through the sight which is nice. It's probably a little higher than I'd like but I do enjoy uncluttered sight picture and being able to use irons. I may keep an eye out for a slightly lower mount that still remains "open" for iron use but that may be hard to find. I efiled to SBR it so I hope a true stock helps from a sight picture and cheek/chin weld standpoint.

Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, yours looks great as well. This is my first experience using a 3 lug suppressor adapter as well and I am thoroughly impressed so far. It is a great mounting system and the 9K is the perfect size for this platform IMO
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks, yours looks great as well. This is my first experience using a 3 lug suppressor adapter as well and I am thoroughly impressed so far. It is a great mounting system and the 9K is the perfect size for this platform IMO
View Quote
3 lug is the best for sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
B&T low mount and the aimpoint 12243 SPR -L will get you there with a full size aimpoint as well.

On your set up try the 12243 SPR-L and I think you might be where you want to be.
Attachment Attached File

The lowest appears to be the battle steel mounts that you can bolt a T1-H1
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know when the next batch is coming or when they are taken off allocation?

Edit
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

B&T low mount and the aimpoint 12243 SPR -L will get you there with a full size aimpoint as well.

On your set up try the 12243 SPR-L and I think you might be where you want to be.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/185708/2B93C3B9-C0DA-4822-A31A-A4AE8752127C_jpe-1235149.JPG

The lowest appears to be the battle steel mounts that you can bolt a T1-H1
View Quote
I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately it looks like the 12243 SPR-L mounts are discontinued, though it looks like they might have been perfect. I'll have to check out the KAC integrated 30mm ring mount option or one of the super low T1 mounts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#23]
How’s the thread protector feel when you take it on and off?

Mine feels a little stiff, kinda wonky.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How’s the thread protector feel when you take it on and off?

Mine feels a little stiff, kinda wonky.
View Quote
Yep kind of a “”grinding” feeling. Much smoother on my TSC guns
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow this is awesome, I've been waiting for the SP5 and I just now find out it's finally available.  I'm late to this thread, but is a new version of the SP5K still planning to be released?  I just checked HK USA and they just show the original SP5K and it's under the limited production link.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't filled yet, but have filled out the form. I was using "HK INC., Columbus, GA. Is that wrong?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Doesn't anyone know when the next batch is coming or when they are taken off allocation?
View Quote
Mine arrived this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm late to this thread, but is a new version of the SP5K still planning to be released?  I just checked HK USA and they just show the original SP5K and it's under the limited production link.
View Quote
There are rumors that an updated K is coming as well
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Mine arrived this afternoon.
View Quote
Thanks - I’m still waiting for my dealer to be able to get one - he is a small kitchen table FFL
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I haven't filled yet, but have filled out the form. I was using "HK INC., Columbus, GA. Is that wrong?
View Quote
I did the same, I was advised by my FFL to use the US information vs the German, as that could cause issues during the review.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve used Oberndorf Germany on all my HK roller lock guns. On my B&Ts on some I used only the Tampa FL importer address and on others the Thun, Switzerland address and all got approved. A lot of it may depend on the examiner reviewing it though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when the next batch is coming or when they are taken off allocation?

Edit
View Quote
I’d love to know, my dealer checked and all distributors are out of stock. Gunbrker has some gouging a-holes, but I’ll pass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I’d love to know, my dealer checked and all distributors are out of stock. Gunbrker has some gouging a-holes, but I’ll pass.
View Quote
Same - will not pay the Gunbroker prices
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Rainier Arms had one in stock for about 5 minutes.  There seems to be a new wave of them coming in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe the price increase at Brownells today is in anticipation of new stock arriving.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#36]
KAC MP5 RAS in stock at Presample Depot

https://presampledepot.com/shop/knights-armament-mp5-ras-2/
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Got my form 1 approved earlier this week.

I gotta say, I'm not terribly fond of the C-stock. I may try to source the B&T folding stock for range days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/pCqcbBMh.jpg

I gotta say, I'm not terribly fond of the C-stock. I may try to source the B&T folding stock for range days.
View Quote
Nice! I’m planning on rolling with an A2. How long did the approval take you? I filed a week or two ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice! I'm planning on rolling with an A2. How long did the approval take you? I filed a week or two ago.
View Quote
Dec 15 filed, Dec 16 prints mailed, approved Jan 23.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/pCqcbBMh.jpg

View Quote
Did you go HK or POF for the A3 stock?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did you go HK or POF for the A3 stock?
View Quote
Snagged mine from Numrich, I believe it's the HK version.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
KAC MP5 RAS in stock at Presample Depot

https://presampledepot.com/shop/knights-armament-mp5-ras-2/
View Quote
Nice!  Presample Depot is a great company.  I would have bought my RAS from there if they had it in stock when I was shopping.  I did get a CQD Forward Sling Mount from them though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Snagged mine from Numrich, I believe it's the HK version.
View Quote
@hobbez84

Appears they’re out of stock. If you swap to the B&T style and want of sell your shoot a PM my way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Over at Gunsamerica, a company by the name of "Zingers and Flingers" is asking $3,300 for a SP5! Supposedly, they've got ten of them in stock. I sincerely hope they don't sell a single one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#46]
How much play (front to back) do you guys have in your cocking handle when its locked in the forward position?  Mine rattles, maybe just under a 1/4" movement.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How much play (front to back) do you guys have in your cocking handle when its locked in the forward position?  Mine rattles, maybe just under a 1/4" movement.
View Quote
Mine has a little as well, but its normal for an MP5...  Even the actual HK MP5's I've messed with do the same.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mine has a little as well, but its normal for an MP5...  Even the actual HK MP5's I've messed with do the same.
View Quote
Yes, this is normal for mp5’s.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Normal
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#50]
10-4 just wanted to verify.  It is a little annoying as it makes noise, I've read there is a "Fix" by removing the front cap and inserting a piece of vacuum tubing to limit the amount of free movement although that sounds a little hokie to me.  My SP5K is tight, with just a little hint (like 1/2 a mm) of wiggle front to back.  I get it, the receiver is sheet metal so its not going to be near perfect like something that is machined.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top