Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot mine today.  Seemed to run ok with the promags. Had a few double feeds with one mag but otherwise all ok. Seems accurate, as good as my old eyes with the diopter sights can do.

It's a filthy pig, 5 rounds and the mag is full of gunk
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a guy that offered me $750 for mine. Kind of hard pressed to not take it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a guy that offered me $750 for mine. Kind of hard pressed to not take it.
View Quote
One just sold on GB for $879 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789553318
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

One just sold on GB for $879 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789553318
View Quote
That is better. I don't have a GB account nor post stuff on there. Figured $750 was a decent return. But yeah $879 is better.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The hand guard looks straight, but the hand guard retainer? sure doesn’t look straight.

ETA. Should the cocking tube be loose in the triple frame?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

YES! The front sight / triple frame is mounted to the barrel, the handguard is mounted to the cocking tube. This results in a free-floated barrel. The cocking tube just enters the triple frame to provide protection from getting bent.
View Quote
Thx!
How about the hand guard retainer being cocked over?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ordered mine on July 29th.  Showed up at my FFL today.  I am the GM at said FFL.  Rifle, fit and finish looked nice, but upon closer inspection, my excitement quickly faded...

In the all the way forward position, the hole on the cocking handle is supposed to sit with that stud on the cocking tube inside it, to retain it while it is in the forward-most position.  Well my charging handle is at a visibly upward angle, and does not sit on that stud.

E-mailed PTR and they are sending me a shipping label and it is going to be taken care of, but their response of "We are all human, mistakes happen" didn't sit too well with me.  Yes, I am glad it will be taken care of, but there is NO WAY that should have made it out of quality control.  Either the charging handle is bent, or the cocking tube was not installed correctly.

Nothing quite like waiting over 3 months for it to be delivered, and having to send it for warranty work before I even get to take it home...
View Quote
If you are a GM at a FFL you should know this stuff happens and the far more important part is how they handle it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine moved to shipping status today.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mine moved to shipping status today.
View Quote
Same with me. I ordered on 7/31 and at the rate things were going didn't think they'd get to me until January, so this is encouraging. Sorry to any early adopters out there but for all of us laggards, don't worry, there's hope!
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot mine today, what a nice experience. Had never shot these HK style rifles before, I found the recoil impulse very, very mild and very comfortable to shoot. Much different than the AR platform, I think it is a much longer recoil pulse and less sharp than the AR. That's my impression anyways, you guys who have experience with them may or may not agree.

Bottom line? Very pleased. It's a nice rifle, especially for the cost. Perfect truck gun.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered mine on 7/30, shipped today.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That doesn't seem normal. When the handgaurd is attached, is it centered?
View Quote
Looks ok.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ordered mine on 7/30, shipped today.
View Quote
Ditto
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you are a GM at a FFL you should know this stuff happens and the far more important part is how they handle it.
View Quote
I agree.  I understand things happen.  But you can also understand why I might be a little perturbed with having to send it back immediately, after waiting 3 months to get it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Xp62hZp.gif

Took the C93 to the range today with both the original trigger housing and the clipped and pinned SEF housing and had zero malfunctions out of 130 rounds fired. I shot 70 rounds of Federal XM193 with the original housing and 30 rounds each of Federal XM193 and Wolf Gold 223 with the c&p SEF housing. And this was using the 40rd aluminum mag and both 30rd HK steel mags (which continue to seat and lock-in without issue now). My guess is either the extractor spring was already bent prior to me receiving the rifle and/or me cleaning out the carbon build up in the extractor slot on the bolt itself fixed my failure to eject issue. I was able to get the rear sight screw to work again by removing the lock washer so what threads not stripped were able to get some bite. I'll be replacing the old extractor spring that I bent back in position and the rear sight screw in the future though.

And here she finally sits, a working HK 93 clone:
https://i.imgur.com/PClPQsc.jpg
View Quote
Thx again Aphex.  I just ordered from RTG:

- new HK ejector spring
- new HK extractor spring (and will clean the extractor)
- new +2 rollers (my gap is around 9 to 11 instead of 16-18 they suggest.

Since I was there, I also ordered the HK rear sight screw kit, as that seems to be an issue with the Century built gun.

Wil be a few weeks until I get out to the range to test.  BTW, my C93 didn't actually come through Buds/PTR so it's on me to fix it.

Thanks again,

D
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked mine up. Whole thing is very clean and heavily-oiled. Has the forward assist finger cut in the bolt, and the carry handle. Finish on the receiver looks great. Both the 40 rounder it came with and the 40 I bought as surplus lock in easily and with no wobble at all. Promag 30s I bought lock in easily but are loose (like AK-without-mag-dimples loose). They cycle the snap caps fine by hand though we'll see what happens at the range. Don't have any other mags to speak of so that's all I can attest to on that front. Buttstock is SUPER tight but came off after lightly tapping on the top and bottom of it for awhile. Went back on with just a whack from the hand.

All in all seems like a tremendous deal. We'll see if I have any issues with the rear sight as others seem to have had at the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree.  I understand things happen.  But you can also understand why I might be a little perturbed with having to send it back immediately, after waiting 3 months to get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done it a bunch. Of course it sucks but it doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Picked mine up yesterday. Shot about 200 rds today. No issues. Shot Federal MSR and Wolf Gold. The 40 rd German mags I have all fit perfectly. I actually like the feel of the CAI lower but I'll probably end up replacing for aesthetics. PTR did a great job.

What a great buy. It's a fun blaster and 40 rds last a long time. Anybody who cancelled theirs is a fool. This was a steal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I actually like the feel of the CAI lower but I'll probably end up replacing for aesthetics. PTR did a great job.

This was a steal.
View Quote
Glad I'm on the only one! I think the feel of the Century lower is better than the factory lowers I have on my other roller lockers, the grip is slimmer, the trigger guard doesn't dig into my middle finger  and it's very AR15 A2ish in profile. Of course it looks like pure ass which is why I ditched it  

I agree this was such a steal I've seen the haters come out on social media. It's pretty funny actually.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone heard from Buds if there will be a second round for sale once they catch up on back orders?

I missed out on the preorder by a couple of hours and can't bring myself to pay 1k on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard from Buds if there will be a second round for sale once they catch up on back orders?

I missed out on the preorder by a couple of hours and can't bring myself to pay 1k on gunbroker.
View Quote
A few months ago someone said they spoke or emailed Buds and was told they held some back for sale later presumably at a higher price.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Took the PTR C93 out one last time before ranges close for gun deer season. I had two failures to eject out of 100 rounds fired. Tension on the extractor spring is still strong so I might replace the ejector and/or ejector spring in the future.

Good news is I was ringing steel plates out at 200 yards with irons after sighting them in.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I dun did it, just payed for a new one off of GB.  I've just been out of my AR/AK phase for awhile, and I'm coming down with roller lock fever.

I know I'm going to want a collapsible stock, but this looks like a sizable investment.  2 options in the mid 200s seem to be the ATI F-style, or the POF A3
 Any input there?  Worth it just to save for the real deal?

Also, are there any issues to look for when trimming down the barrel length?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, I dun did it, just payed for a new one off of GB.  I've just been out of my AR/AK phase for awhile, and I'm coming down with roller lock fever.

I know I'm going to want a collapsible stock, but this looks like a sizable investment.  2 options in the mid 200s seem to be the ATI F-style, or the POF A3
 Any input there?  Worth it just to save for the real deal?

Also, are there any issues to look for when trimming down the barrel length?
View Quote
This is what I bought from Numrich for $315. HK Stock, A3, Collapsible, Type F, New Factory Original  You should buy an A3 Type F which is longer and I believe has a heavier buffer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#28]
There a difference between the RTG and the hkparts extended cocking handle?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Knowing HKparts, probably about $30:)
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Man, I'm really sorry that I missed one of these to use as a cheap host.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Man, I'm really sorry that I missed one of these to use as a cheap host.
View Quote
They're back up if truly interested. Happy black Friday.

Buds 93

Looks like a stellar deal, but I don't need any additional 5.56 rifles.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Buds coming in clutch, nice Black Friday gift!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I had to buy one after seeing the positive reviews. I can't wait to try it, but I'm not loving the mag prices.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Missed out the first time, I'm not making that mistake again. Worst case if I don't like it I can sell, break even or do better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Stock is dropping like a rock, but really no telling about many more PTR is going to kick out.

Went from 57 to ~30 in an hour.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I snagged one. TY Reddit.

25 Left.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Dammit arfcom, I though I was done. Honestly this is an incredible deal, can’t believe there was still stock left.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Whats nice is that these are actually listed as "in stock", no 3 month wait like last time :D
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They're back up if truly interested. Happy black Friday.

Buds 93

Looks like a stellar deal, but I don't need any additional 5.56 rifles.
View Quote
Can’t thank you enough, been wanting one for years. I pulled the trigger about 10 mins ago, probably got one of the last in inventory. Their already sold out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Finding mags for these is going to be really interesting... and I thought my 3rd gen S&W .45 mags were bad enough.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for the heads up on these. I managed to snag one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up on these. I managed to snag one.
View Quote
Glad to hear you nabbed one.

After talking to chat, without specifics it sounds like Buds may receive additional shipments on PTR's schedule.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Someone posted on the AK Files that he went into Buds storefront and he saw a pallet of these C-93s for sale. I’m guessing they will list more for sale in the future.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Ended up getting one too. They sold out in just a few hours. Glad I didn't wait! First roller locked gun for me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn it. MISSED IT AGAIN!
How much were they this second time?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#47]
They have about a dozen of them at Bud's in Sevierville TN, picked one up at 549.00 a couple hours ago.  Not sure if they ship or not.

Looks better than my old C93, some really nice welds on the receiver and the shelf on this one is welded all the way around.  My old C93 it was just welded on the ends and was cracking the weld.  PTR inspection sheet was dated 11/18 so pretty fresh I guess.  Everything looks good except the rear sight drum wont turn, looks like new surplus sight, will take it apart later.

Looks like a century hammer and cocking handle.  Bolt and carrier match, new locking piece, bolt gap at .021.  Will fire it tomorrow.

I paid less for this than I sold the old C93 for a few months ago :)

Edit, rear sight detent spring/channel packed with grease, cleaned it out and its good to go.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Damn it. MISSED IT AGAIN!
How much were they this second time?
View Quote
$549. I have a feeling they'll be receiving additional stock as PTR delivers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Surprised (and impressed) they didn't raise the price for round 2, to get the customers who missed the boat, now that we know PTR is shipping a good product.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I bought one when the came back in stock. Wow! This rifle is very nice. If they come back in stock I might buy another.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top