Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2017 5:31:55 PM EDT
Does anyone here have a PTR 32P 8.5" SBR'd? I was wondering what the recoil, accuracy & reliability was like?

I'm thinking about getting one but then I saw Ghilliebears 52 on a one pin receiver and like the looks of that much better, only problem is it's over $3k. I asked PTR if they were considering using the HK93 receiver and they said no. Maybe I'm just picky but I think the 32 would be much better built on a one pin 93 receiver, but more than likely it would cost more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with double pin receiver?
Are you concerning about the weight?
IMHO, it's not worth near $2K difference for single pin.
Yes, I've 3 - 32s and love them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's wrong with double pin receiver?
Are you concerning about the weight?
IMHO, it's not worth near $2K difference for single pin.
Yes, I've 3 - 32s and love them.
View Quote
Not the weight, as I doubt you would be able to tell, just mostly aesthetics and would be slightly more compact.

I agree, that it would not be worth the extra $2k.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Works for me!

Recoil is negligible. About 500 rounds of Golden Tiger and Tula 8M3 with no issues. Sighted in with the aimpoint off hand so it basically minute of man with the current setup.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Works for me!

Recoil is negligible. About 500 rounds of Golden Tiger and Tula 8M3 with no issues. Sighted in with the aimpoint off hand so it basically minute of man with the current setup.
https://s26.postimg.org/z8luzxk21/PTR32.jpg
View Quote
Very nice! I will more than likely end up getting one soon, need to get a couple suppressors first.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Runs great
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome! What can is that?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Awesome! What can is that?
View Quote
SilencerCo Saker 762 with the Trifecta MAAD mount. I am switching it to the Dead Air mount, now that the Key-Mo system is out, but both mounting systems have worked well for me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SilencerCo Saker 762 with the Trifecta MAAD mount. I am switching it to the Dead Air mount, now that the Key-Mo system is out, but both mounting systems have worked well for me.
View Quote
Nice. I just put an order in for the 5.56 Sandman K and have the Dead Air brake/mount, it's being pinned/welded to a 14.5" barrel at the moment. Will probably get the Sandman K in 7.62 later, although you can swap the end caps but I don't think I'm gonna want to do that everytime I wanna shoot a different caliber.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice. I just put an order in for the 5.56 Sandman K and have the Dead Air brake/mount, it's being pinned/welded to a 14.5" barrel at the moment. Will probably get the Sandman K in 7.62 later, although you can swap the end caps but I don't think I'm gonna want to do that everytime I wanna shoot a different caliber.
View Quote
Run that by me again... Sandman-K only comes in 7.62... Sure you didnt mean the Saker 5.56K ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Run that by me again... Sandman-K only comes in 7.62... Sure you didnt mean the Saker 5.56K ?
View Quote
I had that backwards. Dead Air told me that suppressor will suppress both 7.62 and 5.56 and will have an end cap for 5.56 to maximize suppression.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does anyone here have a PTR 32P 8.5" SBR'd? I was wondering what the recoil, accuracy & reliability was like?

I'm thinking about getting one but then I saw Ghilliebears 52 on a one pin receiver and like the looks of that much better, only problem is it's over $3k. I asked PTR if they were considering using the HK93 receiver and they said no. Maybe I'm just picky but I think the 32 would be much better built on a one pin 93 receiver, but more than likely it would cost more.
View Quote

Was that the wood furniture PCS 32K he posted on FB? Man that gun is SICK!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had that backwards. Dead Air told me that suppressor will suppress both 7.62 and 5.56 and will have an end cap for 5.56 to maximize suppression.
View Quote
Ahh. That's what I did also. Sandman-K with a 5.56 endcap for my 7.5" 5.56 SBR, but I can run it on a ton of other weapons as well. The Saker 5.56K is a good choice too. Happy with that one as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top