Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2017 9:37:06 PM EDT
I opened my vault and found that the little tab on the baseplate of one of my HK416 steel magazines had broken, and it squirted the rounds all over the vault.  Does anyone know where I could buy another exterior baseplate?   I don't really want to throw out a $60 magazine for lack of a baseplate.  HKparts on the web only lists complete magazines at about $63 each.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Mines did the same thing and this was a take me home mag gift from another unit.

Looking also
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the magazines because they don't appear to loose any spring tension over time.  A couple years ago, a fellow in one of the east coast "ban" states wanted to trade me one for one for some of my pre-ban standard AR15 mags that were still in wrapper.  Of course I jumped on it, but he only had a half dozen...I still considered myself quite fortunate, but now I am down to five.  If worse comes to worse, I suppose I can make one for myself...I have done plenty of stuff like that before.  If I do end up making one for myself, I will make an extra or two..  

The hard part is the design and initial setup.  Once that is done finishing them up isn't all that difficult.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent an email to HK about 10 minutes ago asking where to get the part.  Hopefully, something positive (other than buy a new magazine) will come from that effort.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I opened my vault and found that the little tab on the baseplate of one of my HK416 steel magazines had broken, and it squirted the rounds all over the vault.  Does anyone know where I could buy another exterior baseplate?   I don't really want to throw out a $60 magazine for lack of a baseplate.  HKparts on the web only lists complete magazines at about $63 each.
View Quote

HKParts has individual floor plates and locking plates in stock.

HK416 Magazine Floor Plate

HK416 Magazine Locking Plate
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Look at Midwest Gun Works or Google search by the HK part #.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Way cool!  Thanks everyone.  Although I could make one, at those prices it isn't worth my work time...for $60 (price for a new mag) I would consider making one though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top