Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2017 4:24:24 PM EDT
I just got a Zenith Z5-RS and now I want to dress it up.

For some reason I really like the look of the C-More railway sight on the MP5. Something like this. (Not my picture)

I plan on using an MFI low mount.

Is there anything other sighting system I should be considering?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using n aimpoint micro. This seems to be working out very well for me. Using the B&T 21241 mount I get lower 1/3 cowitness and lots of adjustment for rail location.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I highly recommend this mount:
https://www.botach.com/kley-zion-hk-mp5-ultra-low-profile-aimpoint-mount/

and any small red dot of your choice like a Bushnell TRS25, Primary Arms micro, or Aimpoint T-1/H1. The Kley Zion mount is a very good, quality copy of the B&T low mount, but MUCH cheaper. Since the MP5 platform is by design a compact, short range weapon, you don't want to put a big, full size optic on it. The Kley Zion mount and any of the above listed micro sights will give you a true co-witness and will serve you well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't like it at first, in fact, I had listed it to sell here but the Zeiss Zpoint is growing on me and I think it has a pretty permanent home on my Omega.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. You've given me food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine with a Romeo 4, like the dual retical.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally find the micro red dot in a low mount to give an overly cluttered view due to the co-witness with the diopters. For this reason I prefer the 30mm tube aimpoint Comp series on a mp5 in a low mount. Even better if you mod the front sight by cutting off the top of the hood.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't like it at first, in fact, I had listed it to sell here but the Zeiss Zpoint is growing on me and I think it has a pretty permanent home on my Omega.https://puu.sh/vQWDZ/7676001978.jpg
View Quote
That looks like it has nice clearance of the iron sights and gives a reasonably uncluttered view through the optic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot a sbr's ar15 with a C-more red dot 3 years and fell in love with it.  ive shot other red dots and like them, but the c-more i just loved.  I just dont love their price tag  and imo, the only 1 worth it is the 1 with the Alum. body.  Right now i have some cheapy amazon red dot  that works, but 1 day ill get a c-more.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Aimpoint Micro (whichever one you like) on a Daniel Defense Gen2 mount w/o the spacer. Hole in the bottom let's you use the irons if needed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I just saw where someone was using a Holosun 510C. I might have to try on for my MP5K clone.

http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=65
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
This is relevant to my interests.  I have not found a combo yet that i like.  The front sight and ring seem to clutter the sight picture a bit too much for me.  I'd like to get a combo that puts the red dot above the front sight ring

The C-More and the Holosun both look like viable options
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I personally find the micro red dot in a low mount to give an overly cluttered view due to the co-witness with the diopters. For this reason I prefer the 30mm tube aimpoint Comp series on a mp5 in a low mount. Even better if you mod the front sight by cutting off the top of the hood.
View Quote
This.  I had an Aimpoint Micro on mine and ended up swapping it with an Aimpoint M2 for that exact reason.  Huge difference.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is relevant to my interests.  I have not found a combo yet that i like.  The front sight and ring seem to clutter the sight picture a bit too much for me.  I'd like to get a combo that puts the red dot above the front sight ring

The C-More and the Holosun both look like viable options
View Quote
I use a T1 in a Larue HK height mount. I have posted photos but they are likely gone now due to photobuckets BS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got the holosun 503GU on a key zion (bt 10266 clone) ... it gives a great cowitness setup if thats what youre looking for.. and one of the best things about the 503gu is its auto on and off..if cowitness is not what you want this same setup but add a see thru riser .
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Added a cheap QD riser mount to the stock Zenith mount. Puts the red dot above the front sight ring and if the red dot goes down, the QD mount leaves easy removal for iron sight use.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I personally find the micro red dot in a low mount to give an overly cluttered view due to the co-witness with the diopters. For this reason I prefer th
e 30mm tube aimpoint Comp series on a mp5 in a low mount. Even better if you mod the front sight by cutting off the top of the hood.
View Quote
Yup, I have a Comp M2 on my SW5.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you post a pic of your gun with optic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just got a Zenith Z5-RS and now I want to dress it up.

For some reason I really like the look of the C-More railway sight on the MP5. Something like this. (Not my picture)
http://www.viggovomfasanenbuschel.nl/pics/weapons/MP5-5-upgrade.jpg

I plan on using an MFI low mount.

Is there anything other sighting system I should be considering?
View Quote

The C-More is going to leave the dot very high. I would look to find the lowest dot height you can.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I use a Comp M2 also. I have also cut the front hood.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can you post a pic of your gun with optic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#21]
A TRS-25 in a QD low mount resides on both my MP5 and HK53. I like the set up very much. Any micro dot in a low and preferably QD mount is perfect on an HK IMO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I tired to like MP5's with red dots. I couldn't.

Iron Sights all the way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#23]
This is my AR9 with a Larue tall mount and T2 compared to my HK94 with a HK height Larue mount with a T1. With the HK height mount you don't see the front sight ring.

Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is my AR9 with a Larue tall mount and T2 compared to my HK94 with a HK height Larue mount with a T1. With the HK height mount you don't see the front sight ring.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97147/IMG_2537_JPG-300432.jpg
View Quote
That HK height mount looks like the way to go.

Thanks for the pic
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been throwing around the idea of buying one of these for my Mp5 22, I have the one built by Walther. Is Primary arms stuff OK? do they hold their zero?

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-md-ads
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have been throwing around the idea of buying one of these for my Mp5 22, I have the one built by Walther. Is Primary arms stuff OK? do they hold their zero?

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-md-ads
View Quote
They are actually pretty decent for the price. I have a few and I am happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm also a Micro to 30mm convert, much larger FOV to get around the clutter of the irons.

MFI Ultra-Low Mount + Aimpoint ACO

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I went with the Aimpoint H1 with a B&T low mount on my MP5K clone to make it as compact as possible.  I do agree that the cowitness with the front sight is a little annoying but you learn to kind of look past that while shooting.  I don't care for the larger red dots on compact PCCs but that's just me.  Who knows maybe I'll try it one day and like it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I got a Holosun that I really like for a budget optic. Fantastic features.

That said, I can not for the life of me get any kind of decent co-witness with the front sight.

Love to hear what you guys did, with what optics/mounts that got the co-witness right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a MFI mount with a PA microdot.  With a comfortable cheek weld, it sat on the top of the sight ring, so I had the top of the ring cutoff from the 10-2 o'clock position.  No regrets...
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I had a MFI mount with a PA microdot.  With a comfortable cheek weld, it sat on the top of the sight ring, so I had the top of the ring cutoff from the 10-2 o'clock position.  No regrets...
View Quote
On the one hand, I really want to do that.  On the other, the knowledge that I'm making what is essentially an unalterable change to a pretty damn expensive gun has kept me from doing it so far.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

On the one hand, I really want to do that.  On the other, the knowledge that I'm making what is essentially an unalterable change to a pretty damn expensive gun has kept me from doing it so far.
View Quote
l

I hear ya. Mine was a Coharie clone that ran 100% with a sear so I didn't hesitate to chop it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I used the Kley Zion ultra low mount and a Bushnell trs25. I drilled one of the rear sight drum's holes out until it was the same size as the front sight ring when looking through the sights. It gives me a pretty good field of view and a true co-witness of the red dot. I really don't like a full size optic on an MP5.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:58:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Definitely a 30mm Aimpoint (ACO, PRO, M/ML)

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:29:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dRvpLi4.jpg
View Quote
That looks like it would place the dot on or above the front sight hood.

What mount is that on?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What mount is that on?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dRvpLi4.jpg

What mount is that on?
Looks like an ADM QD mount
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Looks like an ADM QD mount
View Quote

I have the low profile MI mount and it looks pretty close to that as well.

I need a mount/optic cowitness combo that puts the dot on the front sight post. My MI/Holosun combo definitely doesn't do that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What mount is that on?
View Quote
Using the MFI Ultra Low Profile Red Dot Mount and American Defense AD-68-L. I did have to cut the locking lever a little in order for the mount to lock in place. Currently, the front sight hood is in the bottom 1/2 - 1/3 of the sight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone using one of these?

Amazon Product
  • Original Product Made In The USA. 7075 Aircraft Aluminum. Milspec Anodised

I think @undefined posted this up in GD for the RMR review.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone using one of these?

www.amazon.com/dp/B074S8QMQQI think @undefined posted this up in GD for the RMR review.
View Quote
Yep. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97147/IMG_2537_JPG-300432.jpg
View Quote
The Larue HK height set up looks perfect. I don’t get the need for cowitnessing with modern quality optics and qd mounts. What distance is your zero set at? How far off is your POI from POA at 5-10 yards?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top