Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 10:31:23 PM EDT
Bottom pin pops right in. its the top pin I'm having troubles with. It goes 2/3 the way in then gets painfully tight
It's almost like the top hole was drilled crooked? It's an Hk sp5k so I'd hope it's in spec

any tips or tricks?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it an HK or a clone? The clones are sometimes out of spec. I have 2 Dakota Tacticals that SB Tactical braces fit perfectly. I have personally seen a my brother's Choate stock not fit his HK Sp5k, he had to tap the lower pin in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an sp5k
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd venture to say the brace is out of spec. SB Tactical should exchange no problem. I'd be shocked if it were the gun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I returned the brace, and ordered a new one. Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck...just a reminder, SB Tactical braces are supposed to come with swivel mounts for a sling. If the swivel is missing just email them and they will send them right out to you. Quite a bit of them were missing the swivel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
i have the sp5k and the brace, to get it to fit i had to dremel the brace sightly. Fits and functions great after that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Where/what did you Dremel? Did you open up the pin holes?

Got my 2nd one today.
Now the top pin fits but the Bottom pin doesn't.
Also the hinge makes a weird popping noise any time you put pressure on it when installing/handling
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd try to tap it in as gently as possible with rubber or wooden mallet..that's just me though, frustrating I know.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm Just having a hard time bringing myself to "hammer" on what I consider to be one of my grail guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top