Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2017 2:01:38 PM EDT
Do the B&T Mp5k stocks "lock" in the folded position? I've handled a friend's Choate and aside from the wobble, the other turn off was the stock would flop open if the gun is turned on its side with stock in closed position. Nitpicky I realize, I just didn't like it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No they do not lock folded
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They do not lock closed, but they aren't loose either (at least mine are not)
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Neither my Choate nor B&T stocks flop open. I don't see how a Choate could flop open; it's spring loaded.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The Choate stock has a wedge and spring, which give it a mechanical bias to remain in the folded position. They generally will not start to open if held sideways with the stock down, but will move if shaken. This also allows for one-handed deployment of the stock (without actually touching it) if you create enough centrifugal force to swing it open. It does, of course, lock in the open position (as we all probably know). 

Either stock can also have some paracord tied to it which will unfold it upon deployment from the Eagle Industries (HK) shoulder rig/holster. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My B&T flopped open.  I tightened the Allen screw a bit and fixed it right up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I never realized they could be tightened. The one I got stays solidly in place in folded position. But it's nice to know it can be tightened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top