Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
I just picked up an Omega MP5SD pistol as a sear host. I have looked at hkpro and still am not sure which manufacturer to buy a suppressor from. RDTS? RCM?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
TPM
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
TPM
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
TPM
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Love my RDTS.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what price point you want. I have fired RCM, RDTS and TPM. All are excellent and all built by solid guys.
Can't go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
TPM, but I am really really biased.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Battlefield Vegas uses TPMs I believe. Cans with six digit round counts and still work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
No complaints about my tpm. Always wondered how the kac and b&t sound. Part of me still wants a kac for no good reason.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Love my Curtis Tactical can. Shielded baffles out of 17-4. The one downside is that it's a heavy beast.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#10]
TPM
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the replies. I sent an email to RCM and have not received a reply.

I have a dummy can from Title II on it right now. With a standard locking piece and the Fleming sear it works beautifully. Just loud. 

I will be sending an email to TPM. I like that their cans can be serviced.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a dummy can from Title II on it right now. With a standard locking piece and the Fleming sear it works beautifully. Just loud. 

View Quote
RCM's cans are user-serviceable as well. I have owned an RCM can for a while, and currently have a TPM SD can inbound on Form 3.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
RCM's cans are user-serviceable as well. I have owned an RCM can for a while, and currently have a TPM SD can inbound on Form 3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. They are sort of local. They haven't replied to my emails. 

The Omega is actually a pretty cool host. Thanks Atlantic. 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been looking at all the cans for SDs out there...

RDTS - I think they use a slightly different thread than the standard SD threads on the barrel.  I've heard they are really good cans, stainless steel and a little heavier than the rest.  Since they are SS versus aluminum, they have a lower pitched sound.  Sounds like they also drill holes in the barrel differently than HK did.

TPM - Aluminum cans, user serviceable.  Seems to be a great company with lots of knowledge of the SD system.  Can seems to be one of the less expensive ones out there.

B&T - Still trying to get some more info on these.  Built in the US using materials and designs from Europe.  Little more expensive than other models and I think you can get them through Dakota Tactical.  

KAC - Limited runs of these.  Heavy cans, smaller OD than the others, built like tanks.  Most expensive SD cans I can think of.

RCM - Haven't looked into these very much at all.  Heard good things about their other parts (I think TPM uses a lot of RCM parts on their builds).
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

RDTS - I think they use a slightly different thread than the standard SD threads on the barrel.  I've heard they are really good cans, stainless steel and a little heavier than the rest.  Since they are SS versus aluminum, they have a lower pitched sound.  Sounds like they also drill holes in the barrel differently than HK did.

TPM - Aluminum cans, user serviceable.  Seems to be a great company with lots of knowledge of the SD system.  Can seems to be one of the less expensive ones out there.

B&T - Still trying to get some more info on these.  Built in the US using materials and designs from Europe.  Little more expensive than other models and I think you can get them through Dakota Tactical.  

KAC - Limited runs of these.  Heavy cans, smaller OD than the others, built like tanks.  Most expensive SD cans I can think of.

RCM - Haven't looked into these very much at all.  Heard good things about their other parts (I think TPM uses a lot of RCM parts on their builds).
View Quote
This is pretty much what I have found. 
Thanks. Still researching.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is pretty much what I have found. 
Thanks. Still researching.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I have both the rcm and B&T cans. Love em both. RCM is stupid lightweight. B&T is solid and good to go, definitely heavier but still good balance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Spooky130

Spoke with a gentleman  one late afternoon at B&T down in Tampa, I think it was, about their SD can.
He told me the blast baffle was stainless steel but the rest of the baffles were aluminum and the think
he said the tube was, too.  
I called to see if there was a manual as well as to find out if it was user serviceable, no manual and it is not user serviceable.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Spooky130

Spoke with a gentleman  one late afternoon at B&T down in Tampa, I think it was, about their SD can.
He told me the blast baffle was stainless steel but the rest of the baffles were aluminum and the think
he said the tube was, too.  
I called to see if there was a manual as well as to find out if it was user serviceable, no manual and it is not user serviceable.
View Quote
How recently was this conversation?  I know for the longest time you weren't able to get their suppressors because they were built overseas - now they are built here.  Not sure how similar the European cans were/are to the current US produced suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Spooky130

Spoke with B&T guy about 2 weeks ago.  I have a American made one from a group
buy that Michaels Machine had about a year ago, now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like silencerco just announced a super-short SD can to compete with TPM/B&T etc.    claimed noise reduction is better than the standard cans despite the super short length
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks like silencerco just announced a super-short SD can to compete with TPM/B&T etc.    claimed noise reduction is better than the standard cans despite the super short length
View Quote
I believe they metered it against a factory HK can (heavy, old, loud) - not against anything remotely comparable like a TPM can.

I could be wrong, but that's what the video looks like to me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I know there is a a class 3 forum but I need to ask. How do I order a suppressor from either TPM or RCM? Do I go to my local dealer and have them order it from the manufacturer? 

I ask this since every transfer I have done before was through a dealer and what they had in stock.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know there is a a class 3 forum but I need to ask. How do I order a suppressor from either TPM or RCM? Do I go to my local dealer and have them order it from the manufacturer? 

I ask this since every transfer I have done before was through a dealer and what they had in stock.

Thanks.
View Quote
Just call TPM.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just call TPM.
View Quote
Email [email protected].

They are running a really good deal on their cans.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks, guys. 

I will give TPM a call on Monday.

Let the wait begin. 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Brugger & Thomet
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Family and financial setback. I have to wait a bit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered a TPM can.

Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I ordered a TPM can.

View Quote
8" or 12"?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

8" or 12"?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8" or 12"?
12" 
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Surprised there aren't many recommendations for the Knight's...
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Have you checked price or availability?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Surprised there aren't many recommendations for the Knight's...
View Quote
Lol, it's only ~3-5x more expensive and looks like hammered shit. Plus, it can't be disassembled AFAIK and has a goofy small diameter for no apparently good reason.

Really, you're surprised?

Congrats on the purchase, OP. TPM's can is super light, quiet, and inexpensive.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I've had an RDTS since late 2011. They do drill the holes out rather than all near the throat. My barrel is actually an sp89 barrel and the host is one of the first MKE guns imported. It's really been a geat conversion. I shoot it all the time. Not a single issue yet. The can itself is heavy because it's all steel to my knowledge.

Ralph at RDTS will take the time to talk with you. Just call him up. Also they make shorter SD cans if you need. They even do an MP5sd-K

I posted this in a GD eariler.

Also anyone know what's up with the SP5k not begin available? I have one but my buddy wants one. I've read they are shipping soon and then I saw eurooptics discontinued page so IDK.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol, it's only ~3-5x more expensive and looks like hammered shit. Plus, it can't be disassembled AFAIK and has a goofy small diameter for no apparently good reason.

View Quote
I can assure you, the new TPM cans are going to be awesome and of the highest quality.

There is even an adapter to allow 1/2×28 thread so the can isn't just stuck on one gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
12" 
View Quote
I'm having the hardest time deciding... what made you go with the 12" over the 8"?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have to admit, the ability to service the other cans is definitely a huge plus.  Don't you have to clean the SD can every 300-500 rounds or something?

As for the cosmetic part, I don't think it looks like hammered shit.  The dimple things on it are classic KAC.  Even though it's heavy, I bet it's built like a tank.  It's kinda like an NT4...maybe not the greatest can anymore, but still a fine option
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Have to admit, the ability to service the other cans is definitely a huge plus.  Don't you have to clean the SD can every 300-500 rounds or something?

As for the cosmetic part, I don't think it looks like hammered shit.  The dimple things on it are classic KAC.  Even though it's heavy, I bet it's built like a tank.  It's kinda like an NT4...maybe not the greatest can anymore, but still a fine option
View Quote
It's really not a great option, honestly. The price alone is a non starter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Have the 12” TPM but I'm picking up a 8” TPM soon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think you jinxed yourself again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm having the hardest time deciding... what made you go with the 12" over the 8"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12" 
I was hoping for the classic MP5SD profile. 

I saw my can while I was doing the paperwork. 

Beautiful. I cannot wait until the stamp comes in. 

The TPM is very, very nice. 

Eta: No fitting issues on my Omega SD upper. 
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think you jinxed yourself again.
View Quote
Lol. Wait.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Check sent, check cashed and now waiting for Form 3 transferring 8" TPM SDk suppressor to
my Class III. Then the real wait will start!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Check sent, check cashed and now waiting for Form 3 transferring 8" TPM SDk suppressor to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It only took a couple of days for my suppressor to arrive at my dealer's store. The TPM can is really nice. 

I am now on the waiting leg of the process.

Thanks to everyone that recommended TPM. 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It only took a couple of days for my suppressor to arrive at my dealer's store. The TPM can is really nice. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll love it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Why not Silencerco Omega 9SD?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why not Silencerco Omega 9SD?
View Quote
It's way more expensive and not serviceable and offers no performance improvement or any sort of significant weight or length savings.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top