Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:19:51 AM EDT
Has anybody ever had any luck bump firing a BW-5, or other MP5 clone?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I am a Bonehead, but can you explain what "Bump Firing" is?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
After having my trigger cleaned up by Bill Springfield, I am able to bump doubles from the shoulder with my SW5 PDW.....I just need to try harder...if I can get doubles, I should be able to do more.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#3]
"Bump Firing" consists of holding the weapon with both hands.  The hand that pulls the trigger is held loosely, while the forward hand pulls the forward handguard towards the muzzle.  It takes some practice, but you wind up with a "recoil assisted" trigger pull.

A lot of people can make this work firing from the waist and some can make it work at the shoulder.

The "Hellfire" trigger doo-dads work on this principle, more or less.

From the waist you are just blasting (like that's bad), but if you can make it work from the shoulder, you can get off aimed bursts, similar to a full auto.

Note that you are physically pulling the trigger for each shot, so it can't be considered a "machine gun".

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Also note that with practice, which is never a bad thing to do, almost anybody can get their shot split times down to .13-.15 seconds between shots.  That's accurate, aimed fire with both hands on the gun in the designed locations to completely control the weapon.  Back in my hayday of USPSA/IPSC shooting I could routinely get .12 splits with the occasional .11 split, accurately.

Do the math, that's 5-6 shots per second, accurately, while NOT bump-firing which requires one to hold the gun loosely which could lead to poor weapon retention.

Remember, friends don't let friends bumpfire.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If doubles is all I will ever be able to get out of it...I won't bump it. When I get up to 3-5 round burst and full mag dumps then it will be worth while.

I am not anti-bumping...at all. I just think doing it from the hip and doing it unsafely is a bad joke. Doing it with control from the shoulder (I can do this with my ARs) is when it is fun and safe.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
With an AK, it's no sweat.  I can fire bursts or dump entire mags from the shoulder.  It's about as accurate as a full auto AK.  My 12yo son can do it, hell, my 8yo son can do it.  My 12yo LIVES to dump entire 75rnd drums.

I'm working on the technique for my BW-5.  Then I need to order a Beta-C...

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh what a joy to be had the first time you bump from the hip.....especially if you have never shot a FA weapon.

But not as much fun as bumping from the sholder. I have a 9mm SBR AR and was able to do it last time out.....all I can say is I will continue to get the feel of doing it for controlled bursts....

I have tried numerous times with my BW5.....no way with the stock trigger... to heavy. I am going to send to Bill, not for bumping but just to clean and lighten....then I will have no other choice but try.

Bump on my brother. I will warn that bump firing from the hip can get out of hand.....I have seen many folks shoot over the berms, etc....no real control (point of aim) of the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have tried numerous times with my BW5.....no way with the stock trigger... to heavy. I am going to send to Bill, not for bumping but just to clean and lighten....then I will have no other choice but try.

Who can do work on my BW-5 without violating the (lifetime) warranty?

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]
For the love of God and all that is holy, will everyone here stop bumpfiring as if it will hit anything?

If you want to fire full auto from the hip go join the Rawanda defence force, or the rednecks from the trailer park. Jeeezuz Kherist!

Semi auto accurate fire is more important.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of the nay-sayers are people that can't get the hang of it from the shoulder or they are guys that just spent $15,000 on a machine gun. I don't think it is the same, but if it's done safely, it is a great FA alternative for those of us that can't affoard a FA.

I swear there are people that use the search to find the word "Bump" then come in and dump all over everyone. I don't get why I guess....MarkM will be here soon to call us all retards, I am sure of it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#11]
If some folks don't like bumping, fine, that's their business.

If they go and call me stupid for doing it, they can frack off.  To each his own.

I have always liked rapid fire.  Growing up, I would blaze away with SA .22's.  Now I go to shoots and fire real FA's.  I have several weapons with crank adapters.  I "GASP" bump fire.

It's legal, (if done right) it 's safe and it's fun.  Isn't that enough?

We need a new organization  : ABCA, American Bumpfire and Crankfire Association.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#12]

We need a new organization : ABCA, American Bumpfire and Crank Association.

Count me in!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top