Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 10:00:29 PM EDT
have a couple of quick questions for the hk gurus,cant seem to find what i am looking for. first,do i have to remove my rollers to remove my extractor/extractor spring? also,should there be play in my recoil spring guide,or do i need a new assembly?thanks and good shootin
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
do i have to remove my rollers to remove my extractor/extractor spring?

No.

should there be play in my recoil spring guide,or do i need a new assembly?

Define "play" and, which model HK do you have?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks osprey, great detailed pics,thats the ticket.my weapon is a sw3 with american made stock,but not sure of metal end. my guide rod just wiggles a bit,and not sure if it should be ridgid? i said ridgid.anyways,could i have probs with a guide rod that is not solid and the bolt carrier is not recoiling in a straight line on the guide rod? is there acceptable play?  my bolt carrier is german also if that helps.thanks. i had some ejection/extraction hangups at the range the other day and want to troubleshoot the best i can.always good to know your weapon.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
To add a little info

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my guide rod just wiggles a bit,and not sure if it should be ridgid?

A small amount of 'play' is acceptable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top