Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:43:46 PM EDT
I took the plunge the other day and cut that stupid fake FH off my pea shooter. Turns out the barrel was already threaded. So I order one of these flash hiders . When it showed up today I went to thread it on, and the barrel appears to be too skinny. The end of the barrel slides right past the threads inside the FH. WTF did I do wrong? Did I get the wrong FH or do I need to have the barrel cut and re-threaded?

Help !!!!

Steve
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:18:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 2:20:43 AM EDT by Zaitev]
obviously the wrong one. You may be violating 922r by putting a foreign FH back on. What is the major diameter of the threads on your barrel?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:28:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 3:29:09 AM EDT by mach6]
If you've got HK pattern threads, you may wish to consider the new US-made SEI G-3 Vortex: http://www.smithenterprise.com/products06.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:12:18 AM EDT
The F/H from JLD is German factory, threaded 15x1.

Your only option, if you still want to use the German F/H, is to have the barrel re-worked.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:56:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 10:23:25 PM EDT by HK94dude]

Originally Posted By Zaitev:
obviously the wrong one. You may be violating 922r by putting a foreign FH back on. What is the major diameter of the threads on your barrel?

I believe I changed enough parts that I don't have to worry about that.....

Originally Posted By osprey21:
The F/H from JLD is German factory, threaded 15x1.

Your only option, if you still want to use the German F/H, is to have the barrel re-worked.

That was not what I wanted to hear. I will post pics later. I just want a FH on there, I can always sell the German one.

Thanks,
Steve

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:42:48 AM EDT
Just did one. This was my third SAR and first where the threads had been milled mown like yours. The stock FH that I ordered slipped over with a little wiggle required to seat past the milled threads. Mag a jig with a wooden dowel to hold it true with the bore axis and used JB weld. Came out perfect. Can sen a pic if you like.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:58:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SBPA:
Just did one. This was my third SAR and first where the threads had been milled mown like yours. The stock FH that I ordered slipped over with a little wiggle required to seat past the milled threads. Mag a jig with a wooden dowel to hold it true with the bore axis and used JB weld. Came out perfect. Can sen a pic if you like.

Very interested to see how it came out. Send that pic and any other details.

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:03:18 PM EDT
Well, I would just the put the gay looking stub back on the barrel and not worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:12:51 PM EDT

good point, warlord.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:30:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
Well, I would just the put the gay looking stub back on the barrel and not worry about it.

Too late, took the dremel to get it off

Steve
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:10:04 AM EDT
My SAR-8 was purchased in '2000.
I removed my brake after the silly ban went away, and added the Vortex hider.
I had full threads with the exception of where the threaded portion was drilled for the retaining pin.
never heard of them being milled off completely.
Top Top