Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 12:09:14 PM EDT
Does anyone know if HF 416 sights are available to the public??  If so, where?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They ARE available.  

There is/was a guy on Sturmgewehr.com selling them for about $300 a set.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Check in the ar15 forum there is a guy who is about to machine some. his thread is named, "Would anyone be interested in these if I made them" or something like that. It as about 10 pages of replies and is usually at the top of the ar15 forum or on the second page. Hope that helps.
-jls7

Edit: I just looked on the ar15 forum and cant find the thread that I mentioned, it might have gone down past page five... post this question in there and someone will reference you to the correct thread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Be advised that you will need specific front sights for this particular rear sight aperture.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Be advised that you will need specific front sights for this particular rear sight aperture.

Best bet is to get a set from HK to avoid problems.  I think the sights are 3/8" shorter than standard AR sights because the rails on the 416 are 3/8" higher to fit the piston works...  So, used on a 416 everything is normal-normal.  Used on a standard AR these sights are a bit short and require you to move your head...  

I'd like to see the other guy's sights in person before being completely convinced.  I know that anything with HK on it from HK themselves will be top notch, no questions asked - this guy is an unknown quantity at this time...

Spooky
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top