Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 5:48:56 AM EDT
I'm ready to purchase a semi-MP5 clone and I need insight as to which path to take.  I am debating either a Bobcat Weapons BW5FS or a custom build by I.G.F. on a Special Weapons receiver with a Top Notch kit.  The I.G.F. build would be better, I know, but it's gonna be a couple of hundred more bucks and I'm impatient.  I don't really want to wait to get my firearm.  So what do you guys recommend?  I know that the Bobcat BW5s have been doing well recently, seems that the quality is improving.  I guess I'm wondering if the I.G.F. build would be worth $200.00 more and a wait versus the Bobcat.  I know Jayson does excellent work and I'm only about 2 hours from him, I could drive up and get it in person.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the receivers and parts are the same-the kit would be from Top-Notch and the receiver a Special Weapons if I went with the custom build.  So, what you you do?  Thanks very much for all opinions!!  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK,
Top Notch sent all the kits back to SW to build 200 full guns.

BW will not make guns on SW Receivers anymore.

soooo Bobcat is your choice for now.

OTOH, Jayson is one of the best out there and he's reasonable priced.

I'll try to get info on this deal between Bobcat & SW

Y
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want a BW5, get it NOW.

Bobcat is no longer making them.  The stock in dealer hands is all that is now, or will ever be available.

(I'm just repeating what BW and several dealers told me)

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you want a BW5, get it NOW.

Bobcat is no longer making them.  The stock in dealer hands is all that is now, or will ever be available.

(I'm just repeating what BW and several dealers told me)

I just got off the phone with Bobcat, they have parts to build 250 more rifles and they have some instock now!!

They even have collapsible stocks available!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Then I would get a BW5.  I love mine and I've only shot it once (yesterday).

You really can't beat a transferrable, lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Vecter is going to start making them so whats the big rush to run out and buy one of the the last bobcats?

If vector builds them as well as there 51 and 53's which I'm sure they will I would much rather have a vector over anything else as far as the clones go!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
How long is Vector going to take?  A year, maybe two?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Vecter is going to start making them so whats the big rush to run out and buy one of the the last bobcats?

If vector builds them as well as there 51 and 53's which I'm sure they will I would much rather have a vector over anything else as far as the clones go!

Vector doesn't make the MP clones(.40 S&W, .357 Sig, and 10 mm) they offer for sale now, so I doubt they will be the actual maker of the 9mm version.  I would wait and buy a 9mm from them if they would build it themselves, but I think it's Cohair that makes them for Vector.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vector doesn't make the MP clones(.40 S&W, .357 Sig, and 10 mm) they offer for sale now, so I doubt they will be the actual maker of the 9mm version.  I would wait and buy a 9mm from them if they would build it themselves, but I think it's Cohair that makes them for Vector.  ARKAR

From what I heard it was going to be built by vector and not coharie and this info was from the office girls but which one I don't know I think michelle but don't quote me on that !

here is a quote from are buddy over on the alli hacked site  and he does say kits and not guns so who knows!

SW has agreed to sell Vector 200 sw89 pistol kits made of both large and short K pistols this is a one time deal NO exclusive at all.

we are also selling them 50 SD kits

As we have stated Coharie arms is buying me out and will own the 9mm receiver tooling over the next 3 months, in addition there is NO deal or plans for Cohaire arms to sell any additional kits or guns in the 40 cal version to vector.

Even if CA decided to sell receviers to vector I am the own who will still own all the tooling to build the gun, they just own receiver and ejector the rest is and will be SW so we can selll parts to others. I do not see a need in selling any additional parts as kits at this time, I am working on the MP10-40 cal and should have that coming out in June or july making and selling additional 40 cal kits would compete with that business and I do not want to do it.

However, the all knowing internet jackasses feel they and pray to Ala and get vector to pull something out of the air.

Rumors of Vector building 40 cal is totally false. If you want to wait for Vector mp5-40 guns you will be waiting a very very very long time.

To sum up

Vector 200 v89 pistols
Vector 50 v5 sd rifles

200 more CA 40 cal guns

NOTHING else.

PS bobcat has 200 more BW5 fs guns and that will be it for them.

I will wait to see these jack offs to hope Hesse builds ones after they miss the CA boat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How long is Vector going to take?  A year, maybe two?

from what I heard it's this summer !  the best thing to do is call vector and ask I call them all the time and ask for updates !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top