Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 8:49:36 PM EDT
I seen a 91 rifle on here the other day with a Navy type replacement pistol grip.  Who was it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If your looking for the one the replaces a standard HK grip on a steel trigger assembly, Falcon Industries used to make it, but sadly has discontinued it. You should still be able to find them at gunshows. That's were I got one for my PTR.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, erogrips.net.
I got one and love it! Wish I had bought a few more
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Just  sent an email to Falcon:

Gentlemen,

I'm inquiring about the possibility to revive production of the HK Navy-style grip for HK metal trigger frames, it seems that there's renewed interest in this item being that there are several HK-clone weapons being produced currently.  Thank you-XXXXX

We'll see how they respond, I'll post it if I get an answer.  ARKAR

Edited to add: Wouldn't hurt if Falcon received some more emails from fellow HK enthusiasts expressing interest, most producers seem to value expressed interest in products!!  Maybe they'll produce some more-ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You can send as many emails as you want, they are no longer making them.  I spoke to them many times about this and they have no desire to reproduce them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I both called and emailed them last week when I found out they had discontinued it.  I was told by the nice lady on the phone that the mold they used to make they had problems.  Apparently a lot of the grips broke so they decided to discontinue them even thou they were very popular.  She did not expect them to restart the production.
Too bad as I have one as well and now am sorry I did not pick up another.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Darn! Oh well, thanks for replying guys, it was worth a try.  I was really wanting one of these also.  I might talk to Choate about making one of these, they are just down the road and I know a few folks there.  Anyone interested?   ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
You can talk to them all you want but the bottom line for any mfgr is this...

No appreciable market...  No grip.

and a handfull of guys on this board is not an appreciable market.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can talk to them all you want but the bottom line for any mfgr is this...

No appreciable market...  No grip.

and a handfull of guys on this board is not an appreciable market.

Probably right......they'd have to sell a lot of them just to recover the cost of the mold.  Oh well what the hell.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I seen a 91 rifle on here the other day with a Navy type replacement pistol grip.  Who was it?

Me.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me.

hstrial-caigner.homestead.com/files/navygrip.jpg
hstrial-caigner.homestead.com/files/g3pimped.jpg

Nice ....... who did you get them from?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me.

hstrial-caigner.homestead.com/files/navygrip.jpg
hstrial-caigner.homestead.com/files/g3pimped.jpg

Nice ....... who did you get them from?

Likely from falcon...before they stopped making them
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:43:42 AM EDT
[#12]
belt sander, dremel, repaint. oh and a good dust mask. sand or cut down to flat sides, makes it easier to uniformly round off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got an email back from Falcon, here is his reply.

"I may have replied to you already. I may offer the HK Navy since there is a renewed interest. The grip was very difficult to make and we lost almot 2 for every one we made. I am looking at redesigning it and making it slightly larger which will accomplish several things that overcome problems. Stay in touch.
Steve"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Vector has the navy style plastic housings which can be used with PTRs.  I got one put on my V51 for $30 extra when I ordered it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

"I may have replied to you already. I may offer the HK Navy since there is a renewed interest. The grip was very difficult to make and we lost almost 2 for every one we made.I am looking at redesigning it and making it slightly larger which will accomplish several things that overcome problems. Stay in touch.
Steve"

That's got to be what killed it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"I may have replied to you already. I may offer the HK Navy since there is a renewed interest. The grip was very difficult to make and we lost almot 2 for every one we made. I am looking at redesigning it and making it slightly larger which will accomplish several things that overcome problems. Stay in touch.
Steve"

I got the same reply back from Steve!!  Sounds promising, but we'll have to see!  Osprey21, I told you that it never hurts to inform them of interest in a discontiued product, never can tell.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Steve"

That does sound promising. Hell I'd buy one of the new ones also if they made them a bit thicker and stronger, and I have two now, one for the rifle and one I bought for a spare.
It would be nice if they made an ambi finger groove design better than the original too. I'd buy one also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I had one crack on me last fall that I had bought at a gunshow.

They replaced it with a newer style at no charge. I got the new one in January and it was longer and had a better feel than the Previous ( shiny) grip.

Here it is next to a century US Pistol grip.

Good company. Lets hope they respond to the market.

JR
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Osprey21, I told you that it never hurts to inform them of interest in a discontiued product, never can tell.  ARKAR

You did?

If they can not work out the bugs within acceptable parameters of time and $$$ it won't happen.

If they can, then lucky us.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Why cannot MagPul make something for us?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Ohhhhh, that would make my day and force me to spend MORE money.

A Magpul HK grip would be the completement of every HK I own. Exactly shaped like the old Falcon grip, better material, and the "Magpul" grip texture would be the cats meow.

Shoot, if Magpul made a replacement side folding stock similar to the B&T that folded to the right side and fit in the metal butstock plate again my money would fly away.

( Oh please, let Magpul read this thread, please, please! )
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ohhhhh, that would make my day and force me to spend MORE money.

A Magpul HK grip would be the completement of every HK I own. Exactly shaped like the old Falcon grip, better material, and the "Magpul" grip texture would be the cats meow.

Shoot, if Magpul made a replacement side folding stock similar to the B&T that folded to the right side and fit in the metal butstock plate again my money would fly away.

( Oh please, let Magpul read this thread, please, please! )

What is a B&T folder?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#23]

And I want one very badly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#24]
You know Magpul's would be better, and cost less than the B&T. Not to mention they do COLORS!

Mmmmmm, Coyote MP5 folder, oooooohhhhh, I need clean shorts.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Do the buffer set-up like the Ace HK stock adaptor.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/images04/adapters/RA24%20%20(HK91RB).jpg

And the stock like the B&T except fit into the factory metal endplate like a HK33 one. It would then work for everything, 9mm,  223, and 308 with the same stock.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Lets start a petition or something for Magpul shit
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#27]
It probably wouldn't be too hard to make B&T style folder that had a storage compartment kind of like the Vltor stocks.  Have a plug that is removed from the backside and a hollow space for storage of batteries or something.  Do something similar to what ACE did and allow the hinge to fold either way, with a change of mounting hardware it could fit several weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top