Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:45:24 PM EDT
Just got a California DOC HK94 and I want to SBR it with a 3 lug threaded barrel.

What is the best way to do this?

Do most people replace the 94 barrel with a MP5 3 lug threaded? Or is there some adaptor that can be added to a cut and crowned 94 barrel?

And who is the best guy for the job (decent price, quality work and isn't backed up to 2007)?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:05:49 AM EDT
You can have the 94 barrel cut and a three lug adapter installed, like this one from Mark McWillis at trosusa.com.

The problem is there are only a couple of people that have the equipment to properly thread the barrel while still in the receiver. I believe ARS is one of them. Give them a call and ask, 623-556-8056.

It may be ultimately be quicker (and cheaper) just to buy a 3 lug barrel from POF and have a HK smith install and finish it.

HTH

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:33:35 AM EDT
S&H of Oklahoma, TSCmachine, Murray Urbach, Ralph Smith, ARS Azexarms, ARS, IGF all do this. Expect waits for every one of these, between a few weeks to months. Tery Dyer is not taking new work last I checked with him 2 months ago. Cost varies significantly.

m60joe.com also just does the cutoff/thread/install your 3lug for $118 delivered.

The TROS 3 lug is stainless, won't take parkerizing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:24:04 AM EDT
Jayson at Investment Grade Firearms did two for me. I just got them back today. He also did the required engraving. Total time was about 3 weeks. Cost to chop 2 barrels, add 3 lug and thread protector for each and engraving for was $570.00
Top Top