Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2006 6:33:32 AM EDT
I want to ditch the HK-style bipod in favor of a Harris-style unit. The problem is that attaching just a sling swivel to a wide forearm isn't (IMO) the best proposition.

Sure, I could just drill out one of the heatshield rivet holes a bit and install a universal sling swivel and then attach the Harris bipod to that. But I fear that won't be the most sturdy or steady setup.

I had a chance to test-fit one of Top Notch's PSG/MSG clone forearms with the accessory rail on the bottom but the forearm doesn't fit my gun well enough to be a sturdy enough mount IMO.

I do however like the idea of an accessory rail on the bottom of the forearm to which I could mount a bipod. I don't however really want to spend $150 for the JLD aluminum "tactical" forearm and even more $$ for the picatinny rail to attach to the bottom of it. For starters, I don't like the way it looks.

Any thoughts on how to attach a swivel-mount bipod or accessory rail to my wide forearm?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:22:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eric10mm:
I want to ditch the HK-style bipod in favor of a Harris-style unit. The problem is that attaching just a sling swivel to a wide forearm isn't (IMO) the best proposition.

Sure, I could just drill out one of the heatshield rivet holes a bit and install a universal sling swivel and then attach the Harris bipod to that. But I fear that won't be the most sturdy or steady setup.

I had a chance to test-fit one of Top Notch's PSG/MSG clone forearms with the accessory rail on the bottom but the forearm doesn't fit my gun well enough to be a sturdy enough mount IMO.

I do however like the idea of an accessory rail on the bottom of the forearm to which I could mount a bipod. I don't however really want to spend $150 for the JLD aluminum "tactical" forearm and even more $$ for the picatinny rail to attach to the bottom of it. For starters, I don't like the way it looks.

Any thoughts on how to attach a swivel-mount bipod or accessory rail to my wide forearm?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

That it what I did.

Bought a spare forearm so I did not feel bad about wrecking the factory one.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:54:37 PM EDT
I have a CETME do they make a quick attach/detach or concealable bipod for it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:55:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By UZI4you:

Thanks in advance,
Eric

That it what I did.

Chris

Do you have any pics? Sounds interesting.

Do you think it's a stable enough?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:58:38 AM EDT
I'm not certain they stil make it, but Harris used to make an adapter for the bipod slot that would let it take a Harris where the factory bipod goes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:34:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HMC:

Originally Posted By UZI4you:

Thanks in advance,
Eric

That it what I did.

Chris

Do you have any pics? Sounds interesting.

Do you think it's a stable enough?

[img=img141.imageshack.us/img141/9758/10003511fj.th.jpg]

It is very stable, and can adjust unlike the HK bipod.

Chris
Top Top