Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 12:45:30 PM EDT
Specifically, what do you use and how do you use it? I am having a dickens of a time getting all the crud out of the area where the rollers lock into the trunion. I just can't get at all sides of it.

Help please.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:58:52 PM EDT
Is that the area just behind the chamber?

I used to use an old t shirt and my pinky finger in a hundred different contortions to get that area clean. Q-tips and Hoppes for the final gunk!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:26:34 PM EDT
Get a set of dental picks and a hard bristle tooth brush. Be ready to spend about 2 hrs cleaning if you want to get the entire weapon spotless. My only gripe about HK's.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:56:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:47:16 PM EDT
Yep, that brush shown above is what I use. Makes cleaning the breach and trunion areas a much easier job.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:49:03 PM EDT
PERFECT! Thanks, osprey.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:23:31 PM EDT
wow that is perfect, ill be picking one of them up...or maybe 2
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:58:57 PM EDT
tag to order later
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:00:22 PM EDT
That would be a great tool. I agree, you do have a lot of cleaning inside the
HK reciever.
Especially for gun thats not a gas gun. For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments
I'd rather clean up my ARs anytime before I tackle my HK or HK clones.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By brandyspaw:
For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments

Hell yeah. There's something just basically wrong with a system that requires a fluted chamber!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 4:57:55 AM EDT by eric10mm]

That would be a great tool. I agree, you do have a lot of cleaning inside the
HK reciever.
Especially for gun thats not a gas gun. For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments

+ a billion

BTW, someone just brought to market a sort of shield to drop over/around the AR trigger parts to keep blown-out primers from jamming the works. I just saw it in the latest Shotgun News but can't remember off the top of my head who made/sold it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:34:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments

Hell yeah. There's something just basically wrong with a system that requires a fluted chamber!

Except for the fact that it's more reliable and it will function even if the extractor is broken or missing. ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:17:41 AM EDT
I use a 9mm brass brush and it works the same as the HK one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:38:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

Fluted chambers are not required... HK fluted the chambers so that they would still extract with a broken extractor. You may get an ejection failure, but at least the shell casing extracts from the chamber.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:16:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eric10mm:
Specifically, what do you use and how do you use it? I am having a dickens of a time getting all the crud out of the area where the rollers lock into the trunion. I just can't get at all sides of it.

Help please.

Eric

I clean my HKs in a parts washer filled with MiraChem. They also have a product specifially for gun cleaner that I think is at least as good as MPro 7, and for much less $$$. Check out the web site -- they even offer a free sample 3.75 ounce bottle so you can try out it.

When I didn't have a parts washer, I used good old fashioned brake cleaner.
Top Top