Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 11:19:42 AM EDT
Hi guys. I recently saw a SR9TC in a local shop. It looks in really good shape. It comes with 5 mags and the scope mount (no scope). It is also wearing a standard wide forearm with a bipod.  The asking prince is $3000.00. Is this too much? The shop owner told me that they were only made in 1993. Is this true and are they really that rare? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a true TC, then it's a good price.

The T and TC where SR9's that were factory after stamped, so you need to look close on the receiver to make sure it not just an aftermarket TC (end user converted off a base sr9 without all correct parts/factory markings).

www.hkpro.com/sr9.htm
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Dano353, but I am not sure what you mean by "after stamped".  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks Dano353, but I am not sure what you mean by "after stamped".  Thanks again.

IIRC, an "after stamp" is when the letters were added by HK after importation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the stampings look pretty poor also, If it is stamped TC as far as I know only about 125 of them were.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help. I have the wife's official OK to get it if I REALLY want. I just have to talk myself into it now. I have never paid that much for a rifle before. I know it's nothing compared to some Class 3 stuff, but I still have to think about it. Thanks again.

P.S. Now that I think of it, the TC looked kinda "off" and were not an exact match to the SR9.  Like it was added "after".
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanted to add that $3000 for it if it is in excellent shape is a good deal.
I paid $3800 for mine NIB
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Since this rifle comes without the scope, which would be the "correct" scope for it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Since this rifle comes without the scope, which would be the "correct" scope for it?

HK  used the Hensoldt scope on the PSG1 and the MSG90.
I wouldn't worry to much about what kind to use , use what ever type you like.
The supersniper scope would fit the bill and it's $400.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
You must have read my mind.  I have 2 SS scopes on other rifles and will probably buy a third if a get this rifle.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Well,I bought it.  I talked the guy into taking 5% off and throwing in a free oversized plastic case for it. So with tax, it got it for $3049.50 out the door. I ordered a 16x SS scope for it last night.  The ser. # is in the 2800 range.  I'll post some pics after I have the scope installed and after I get some groups on paper.  Is there a manual specific to this rifle that I can buy somewhere?  I already have a couple of HK91 manuals, but is there one for the SR9TC?

I also have a PTR91 KP and a stainless receivered Century G3. Both are great and shoot great. I bought this one because I didnt have an HK in my small collection and it is not like any of the other guns. Plus it has all the cool PSG-1 features I have always craved like that great trigger. Most importantly, my wife said it was OK.  Thanks for all the help.  I cant wait for my scope to arrive!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats on the purchase, I hate to say it but I have never shot mine .
I kept it NIB as a safe queen They do make a manual but it is the SR9 one.
As far as I know they have never made one just for the TC.
I know one other person that has one also stamped TC.
There are only 125 of them ever stamped that left HK as a TC
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess we're members of a club with at the most 125 members.  How many 5 round mags did yours come with?  Mine came with 1 and 4 20 rounders.  I would like to find at least one more 5 round mag.  Would you mind posting a list of everything that came with yours in the box?  I'm am curious as to how they came NIB from HK.  Thanks again for all the help.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#13]
One SR9 owners manual
1 - 5 round mag
and 1 cheap  sling, they came pretty bare bones, no cleaning kit or anything like that.

The HK factory 5 rounders are sometimes hard to come by. I have seen them sell for as much as $50 or $60. Sometmes on HK PRO boards you might find one ,but  not often.
Cals Sporting Armory had someFactory HK ones for $50 but they always seem to be out.
If you're not a member on the HKPRO website give it a look. Alot of good info and good people
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info and I'll give HKPRO a try.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking about a similar purpose, but I wanted a true free float, e.g. MSG/PSG forearm, not the gimpy one it comes with that MAAAAAAY be free float.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#16]
HK 5 round mags, $15, I bought one, needed some cleaning but it was in great shape after getting the gunga off
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=188900&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well,I bought it.  I talked the guy into taking 5% off and throwing in a free oversized plastic case for it. So with tax, it got it for $3049.50 out the door. I ordered a 16x SS scope for it last night.  The ser. # is in the 2800 range.  I'll post some pics after I have the scope installed and after I get some groups on paper.  Is there a manual specific to this rifle that I can buy somewhere?  I already have a couple of HK91 manuals, but is there one for the SR9TC?

I also have a PTR91 KP and a stainless receivered Century G3. Both are great and shoot great. I bought this one because I didnt have an HK in my small collection and it is not like any of the other guns. Plus it has all the cool PSG-1 features I have always craved like that great trigger. Most importantly, my wife said it was OK.  Thanks for all the help.  I cant wait for my scope to arrive!

No specific manual.

I bought my SR9T NIB, it's since been converted to TC.  Mine came with an SR9 manual.

That's a great price, I think I spent about 2400 for mine.  Over ten years ago, of course.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the help guys.  I just ordered one of those 5 round mags.  I am also going to ask the gun store if they will contact the original owner for me and ask if he has any of the original paperwork, manual or even the box.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#19]
The box mine came in was so trashed I tossed it.  

Also, try CETME 5 rounders, I got a bunch ofr like $5 each from TAPCO or somebody.  

I run real HK 20s, but I'm not paying 50 for a 5 rounder.

They run flawlessly, but they are UGLY.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top