Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 7:41:49 AM EDT
Bought this from a local shop - they say it's Portugese ..................................

200 round battle pack, headstamped FNM 76-36.

Anyone recognize what it is and where it came from ???

THANKS, in advance !!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Portuguese (FNM)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Portuguese (FNM)

Very good ammo!!!!!

Buy it up
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
NATO Surplus 308 Port is good. I've shot it in my old FALS's and M1A. It very clean. They avaegrage around under $40 for a battle pack.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
very good ammo in my experience, most accurate milsurp stuff I have fired so far in the JLD, hard to find except for the stuff in machine gun link belts...which is worth the trouble of delinking because the quality is good

You were fortunate to find those battlepacks, they have dried up in all the places I knew that had them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
What does this post have to do w/ Heckler & Koch?

Mike

ps - ain't this why we have Ammunition forums??????
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#6]
"What does this post have to do w/ Heckler & Koch?"

Sorry - this ammo is for my PTR-91 HK clone, thought this would be the best place to get the info.

THANKS, to all who answered so quickly,

EE
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]
odd the SA stuff I have is in the same box, does most the surplus 7.62 come in the same box with the same marking? (I don't have any infront of me to know if it says FNM on mine)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
odd the SA stuff I have is in the same box, does most the surplus 7.62 come in the same box with the same marking?

Not all, but a great deal of .308 NATO ammo comes in fairly generic boxes with a similar look.

South African .308 is/was made in So. Africa.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]
looked at it at lunch, similar but not the same..........just a bad memory on my part ;)

Quoted:

Quoted:
odd the SA stuff I have is in the same box, does most the surplus 7.62 come in the same box with the same marking?

Not all, but a great deal of .308 NATO ammo comes in fairly generic boxes with a similar look.

South African .308 is/was made in So. Africa.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top