Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:50:19 AM EDT
I got mine the other day and just mounted it to my JLD PTR 91. It  fits great and seems to be rock solid!! The mount itself is aluminium and appears to be cast. I can not find any machining marks at all but a few "dimple" like marks around the screw holes that make it look like it might be cast but I can't say for sure. Overall all seems to be good quality at a heak of a price($14.95 vs. $125.00 for B&T)!!!!!!

My question is:

How tight should the screws be that hold the mount on? I have them pretty tight but I don't want to strip them but do want it to stay on the gun and hold a zero.

Thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Chances are you'll pop the heads before stripping them, or the mount.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Just through a little loctite on them and they will hold.  I had a problem with my ARMS SIR 58 on my AR wanting to fall off without loctite.  Repeated recoil will loosen any screws on a rifle without loctite or similar compound on the threads.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I already stripped them on my Leapers
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did you do that? How tight did you screw down?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did you do that? How tight did you screw down?

Too tight. I mounted it tight and then took it off and put it right back on (I had it too far back that it was touching the peep sight) and by the time I screwed it on again they were stripped. You can make them pretty tight before they will strip, but it is not impossible. I was trying to over tighten them because I thought that it would tighten itself into place.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got mine the other day and just mounted it to my JLD PTR 91. It  fits great and seems to be rock solid!! The mount itself is aluminium and appears to be cast. I can not find any machining marks at all but a few "dimple" like marks around the screw holes that make it look like it might be cast but I can't say for sure. Overall all seems to be good quality at a heak of a price($14.95 vs. $125.00 for B&T)!!!!!!

My question is:

How tight should the screws be that hold the mount on? I have them pretty tight but I don't want to strip them but do want it to stay on the gun and hold a zero.

Thank you!!!!

Link for purchase?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My question is:

Thank you!!!!

Link for purchase?

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-MNT-P668.htm
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought mine from JSESURPLUS.com and am very, very happy with it
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My question is:

Thank you!!!!

Link for purchase?

I dont have a problem using something that's on an airsoft page if it's sturdy.  Is that where you got yours?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My question is:

Link for purchase?

I dont have a problem using something that's on an airsoft page if it's sturdy.  Is that where you got yours?

That and the "Classic Army Low Profile MP5 / G3 Mount"
The "Classic" is not as sturdy, and slides back and forth about a 1/8 of an inch. But I figure that you won't lose your zero since it is just back and forth; and not up & down or left & right.
This mount is more low pro; check out the pictures on the website.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Too tight. I mounted it tight and then took it off and put it right back on (I had it too far back that it was touching the peep sight) and by the time I screwed it on again they were stripped. You can make them pretty tight before they will strip, but it is not impossible. I was trying to over tighten them because I thought that it would tighten itself into place.

What did you do then?  Just throw it away and get another one?  Reason I'm asking is because I just did this very thing.  One side of my mount is tight and the other side the screws are stripped!  LMK how you fixed it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did you do then?  Just throw it away and get another one?  Reason I'm asking is because I just did this very thing.  One side of my mount is tight and the other side the screws are stripped!  LMK how you fixed it.  Thanks.

I kept on screwing them, even though I knew that I was stripping them more. Hopefully I was able to screw it tight enough to hold a zero. I held the wrench (if that is what one calls it) at an angle to get a better grip on it. I also tried to go slow and use more torque. I do have a back up if I have to remove it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I am going against my word about scope mounts for my PTR91.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What exactly does that mean?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:39:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just pickup a PTR91 and said that I will keep it simple. Now I am thinking of adding a 3 or 4 powered scope to it. I think for hunting season have the scope on and then remove it after the season . Or I can get another PTR and have one scoped and one open sights.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just pickup a PTR91 and said that I will keep it simple. Now I am thinking of adding a 3 or 4 powered scope to it. I think for hunting season have the scope on and then remove it after the season . Or I can get another PTR and have one scoped and one open sights.

Cool! The more the merrior!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top