Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 8:17:09 PM EDT
Have a PTR that I have had for two years and have always been impressed with it's accuracy and reliability and now wish to mount a scope to really see what it will do ( way out there ). I do not wish to spend the $$ on a original German claw mount and have seen posts here recommending several different makes including B square, Leapers and others. My question is for the money which of these performs the best ? Are any of them capable of rezero like the original ? One other question I have is my rifle did not come with a flash suppressor and when shooting at dusk there is quite a flash that does nothing for my vision........ what is involved to install one ??  Must I thread the barrel ?  Thanks for any input
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
For a scope mount you can get the B&T low mount with some kind of QD rings like Larue or ARMS and you can take the scope on and off and it will return to zero.  As far as putting a suppresor on it you have 2 choices that I know of:

1. You can send it to IGF and have Jayson press on and pin one of his US made FS on it.
2. You can send it to ARS and Mark has built somthing to thread the barrel without removing it.

You will be happy with either way.  The turn around time will most likely be better with Jayson.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input ...... the rezero aside are the Leapers mounts any good ?? Will they hold up over time ? I have a small shop and the ability to put an external thread on the barrel ..... do you know if this is possible/recommended and if so where I can purchase one ???   Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never owned one but the some guys on this board report good things about them.  I have had the B&T since before the leapers and it has been a solid mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top