Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 11:23:54 AM EDT
I have a JLD PTR-91 with the regular JLD plastic stock. How durrable is this stock compaired to the real HK stock? I was thinking about getting a real HK stock but I already installed a heavy buffer in the JLD stock and would hate to have to reinstall in a real HK stock if durrability in not a concern? Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't feel the PTR-91 has been around long enough to make an accurate, 'real world' comparison.  Unless you plan on bustin' down doors with your rifle butt, I doubt there will be any issues with it's durability.

YMMV

just my .02 ¢
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If you saw them side to side you would want the real HK/FMP stock.  They have a solid feel to them if you squeeze it .  The JLD stocks have a lot of flex to them and are hollow.  The HK are hollow also but have the push pin holders whichs give the stock some rigidity (Is that a word?).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
rigidity (Is that a word?).

Yup.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a HK91 A2 stock today, not sure what it is, its marked 911(I think) had kinda a black pebble finish(might have been re-finished) to it, the 2 pin holes at the rear of the stock have no washers(lack of a better word) It also feels very solid(not hollow) something seemed different about the sling mount as well.....can't recall what though

any clue what it is?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the 911 mark in the recess for the sling hook?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I mentioned this a several weeks ago and there was only one reply if I remember correctly, but I used some of the expanding foam that is used to weatherproof homes to fill my JLD buttstock.  The buffer on these stocks is only held in place by the front screws, the screw that must be installed/removed from the rear of the stock is omitted, so it didn't really hurt anything.  The stock doesn't even have the "webbing" inside the stock for the rear screw to fit through, it's just open and hollow on the inside.  The stock feels a little more rigid now and doesn't have such a hollow sound.  I just removed the buffer and filled it, but I didn't fill it to the very top, there's probably about an inch from the foam to the buffer.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
checked, its 921 and its marked between the 2 pushpins on the metal forpart of the stock, left hand side.

Quoted:
Is the 911 mark in the recess for the sling hook?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top