Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:55:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 9:55:44 PM EDT by Foxxz]
Just got it yesterday and haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet. Looks wonderful. This is the JPD PTR 91 KP carbine as sold by Atlantic Firearms. It comes with a fixed stock installed and an additional collapsing stock (made in Germany, had to install it myself), 16" threaded barrel with flash supressor. The handguard is aluminum.

All pictures are located here along with full-sized versions:
nullbits.foxxz.net/ptr91kp

And check out this balencing act!

Enjoy!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:02:57 AM EDT
Something like that is enough to make an apartment mate jealous.

Whish I would have had my camera out when you were wearing the tin foil hat yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:07:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 7:52:33 AM EDT by Foxxz]

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
Something like that is enough to make an apartment mate jealous.

Whish I would have had my camera out when you were wearing the tin foil hat yesterday.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:50:31 AM EDT
Unfortunately I bought the JLD version with the cheap and cheesy furniture, so I am upgrading that part now.

Having never seen that version of their handguards I have a question. Is there an internal sleeve of some sort under that front handguard or is the barrel just open under there, basically exposed to those holes in that version?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:51:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 7:51:45 AM EDT by Foxxz]

Originally Posted By billbotts:
Unfortunately I bought the JLD version with the cheap and cheesy furniture, so I am upgrading that part now.

Having never seen that version of their handguards I have a question. Is there an internal sleeve of some sort under that front handguard or is the barrel just open under there, basically exposed to those holes in that version?

Thanks

No. There is no heat sheild inside the handguards.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:56:31 AM EDT
Very nice rifle.

Now hurry up and give us a range report.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:38:57 PM EDT
Did you request the first gen style stock? Also, how do you like the handguards?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:23:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wreckdiver:
Did you request the first gen style stock? Also, how do you like the handguards?

No, thats just sorta how it worked. The collapsing stock was sent with the standard rifle. This was fully explained and expected. The handguard is pretty nice. It has threaded holes up and down all sides which could be used to mount accessories. However, it has quite a bit of wiggle and would be useless for any type of laser or sighting device. I expect it may get hot after a while, but I think with the threaded holes I could fabricate and install my own heat sheild.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:14:27 PM EDT
I am so jealous!! That is the one of the two guns made in my homestate that I want, but cant friggen buy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rush0212:
I am so jealous!! That is the one of the two guns made in my homestate that I want, but cant friggen buy.

Aint' THAT a kick in the balls!

BTW, out of curiosity what is the other gun?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:34:32 PM EDT

Aint' THAT a kick in the balls!

BTW, out of curiosity what is the other gun?

Yeh it sucks!

the other gun I dream about, and thats getting cheaper every where else is a Colt 6920
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:51:01 PM EDT
I have one on the way that I bought of the equipment exchange forum. It's the Kurtz model with the wide forarm and collapsable stock. I understand JLD is no longer shipping the wide forarm models?? Glad I found one with the original look
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:56:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:55:31 PM EDT
Range Report:

I took it to the range. Shot very well. Accurrate, smooth even feeding laqured wolf. The sights seem low making it a bit difficult to get a comfortable cheek weld but I'll work on it. After 60 rounds the front handguard got too hot to shoot.

Other than that I LOVE this rifle! Can't wait to shoot it again!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:26:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:54:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
Did you shoot with the fixed stock of the collapsing one ?

I'm using the collapsing one.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:40:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Foxxz:
Range Report:

I took it to the range. Shot very well. Accurrate, smooth even feeding laqured wolf. The sights seem low making it a bit difficult to get a comfortable cheek weld but I'll work on it. After 60 rounds the front handguard got too hot to shoot.

Other than that I LOVE this rifle! Can't wait to shoot it again!

-Foxxz

I was with Foxxz at the range and shot 20 rounds. Fricking nice! I think the cheek weld would be easier if using foam plugs for hearing protection instead of big clunky ear-muffs. The ear-muffs got in the way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:13:46 PM EDT
Anyone scoping their PTR's? My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and I definitely shoot better with a scope.

Just ordered a scope rail attachment from JLD. Then found out they're way overpriced and there are a lot cheaper alternatives. Kind of pissed. Should have done some more research or asked you guys for help.

Think Ill probably drop a 4X or 6X scope on it. Longest range I have access to is 300 yards so don't really need more magnification.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pippin:
Anyone scoping their PTR's? My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and I definitely shoot better with a scope.

I placed a Burris Fullfield II 1.75-5x and a leapers low profile mount on my PTR-91 and have absolutely no complaints. Works well and I like the feel of the 5x scope on the rifle (vs. a 9/10x). I have some older pics, but I'll try to get some newer ones detailing the scope/mount.

-JZ
Top Top