Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:34:07 PM EDT
Anybody here have any experience with the BW-5 9mm clone of the HK-94.  I've e-mailed the manufacturers about their product.  They say ALL HK items (scope mounts, barrel shrouds, magazines, "furniture", etc..) will work on a BW-5, but I'd rather hear the straight skinny from anyone with experience on the BW-5.  h.gif

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my BW89 SBR.  It is pretty reliable.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me be first before all the clone-haters chime in

I have one.  I love it.  No probs with any aftermarket HK items fitting/working properly.

Get one, don't listen to the bashers and enjoy it.  Just make sure you replace the extractor spring with a gold/copper colored one if it hasn't already been done, which, if it's a new one I'm sure that it probably has.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a BW-5FS and I love it.  You are going to hear that they jam and arent as good of quality as a real 94 but I have only had two FTEs and it shoots great.  Immitation is the greatest form of appreciation...or something like that.  Get one, you wont be sorry.

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a BW/SW-5FS....love it.  No problems whatsoever in over 1k rnds.   I'm still using the same extractor/extractor spring.  I would highly recommend one.  All of my OEM HK parts fit w/no problems.

PS.  I own both HK and BW, and I still would recommend one for an everyday shooter.  I keep the HK in the safe.  

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
i've been shooting mine for over two years ,i love it. i agree with everything said above . mine was a little finicky with hk straight mags. with the curved pof mags it runs perfect, for the price get 2 and enjoy. my only regret is i did'nt get the fs model . if you want to sbr it all you have to do is remove the fake suppressor. if you decide on the 16'' standard model mfiap makes a very cool fake socom suppressor. hope this helpes you in your decision.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a BW89 setup as a PDW witha registered sear and it runs great.  I've put a few thousand rounds through it in full auto and have only had 1 malfunction with HK 30 round curved mags.  It will run fine in semi with straight mags but it jammed in full auto.  I only tried it with one mag so I may get better results if I tweak it a little.

The fit and finish is pretty good with exception of the exposed portion of the barrel.  The finish tends to rub off fairly easily.

21Bravo
aka Craig P. in MO
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Go for it
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Great input guys..... but ya know what....

I wish they would tack this shit !

It sure would be nice to have a clone tack so we don't have to do this same song and dance every other day  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to know because I've wanted one of these myself but heard these suck and not to waste your money...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:11:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had a BW89 for about a month.  I had seven failures of the bolt to go into battery during the first range session.  After that it has been great.  I just ordered and received a second BW89 cuz every time I find something I like they stop making it,  so I have learned the rule of 2.  By the way I just received a Vector V51 this week also.  I have not fired it yet but I am impressed with the quality.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#11]
In addition, and along the same lines...my Vector'53 is awesome as well, in both fit and finish.  I've fired about 200rnds through it without a hiccup.  

Slightly off-topic:  I'm getting ready to take possession of a SW PSP/SP10.  I will post a range report once I get the opportunity to try it out.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I own a BW89-SP and I love it, I fitted it with a German MP5K lower, and it look as well as it works... I want to go AOW on it so I can put the foregrip on...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]
messed with one at the last shoot. it was alright. the forend grip was a little loose but other than that looked ok. Plastic certainly wasn't up to HK spec but wasn't all that bad either...

Saw it shot, it didn't have any problems. I personally do not like the people who build them, they have a terrible reputation(and for VERY good reason) but if it works then so be it. Todd Bailey's cronies prolly did something right finally.

I'm entertaining the idea of getting one, but I will be doing a complete overhaul on it as far as furniture goes. The furniture is poor quality in my opinion. But other than that, that's it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#14]
agreed, the first thing I did was replace the lower on mine with a german HK plastic lower, and I am looking for a KAC or SureFire for the front SureFire M77 railed handguards on order!  Woohoo!...  but all in all, for under $1500, I don't feel guilty abusing it at the range...

Quoted:
messed with one at the last shoot. it was alright. the forend grip was a little loose but other than that looked ok. Plastic certainly wasn't up to HK spec but wasn't all that bad either...

Saw it shot, it didn't have any problems. I personally do not like the people who build them, they have a terrible reputation(and for VERY good reason) but if it works then so be it. Todd Bailey's cronies prolly did something right finally.

I'm entertaining the idea of getting one, but I will be doing a complete overhaul on it as far as furniture goes. The furniture is poor quality in my opinion. But other than that, that's it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Even the HK's Don't like the strait mags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Ive got a couple SW clones. One was built by Jayson at IGF and it runs like a champ! I've never had an issue with it. It really likes Win 115 gr Silvertips and Rem 124gr Golden Saber. The other was a factory built SW5. It had some feeding issues to start with. The shelf was a little low on this one. A TIG welder, file, and 20 minutes later, it is fine. I have a bunch of POF 30rd curved mags and have no issues with them, either.

I say "go for it". If you can afford a true HK94, get it. If not, give BW a try........
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#18]
actually if you can afford it...

buy the Hk, and put it away, and buy the Bobcat as your shooter/beater  this way you are not putting ware on your real one...and you can still have fun!

either way, I highley recommend a BW89!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top